1,584 results
All reviewsdouble treethe executive loungesna tourwelcome cookiedepartment storenice hotelthird floorpizza hutthe nearest subway stationchinese restaurantbreakfast buffetpleasant staylobby areaupgraded to a suitebeijing trafficshopping mallring road
Reviewed May 7, 2014

very good service and food! very good service and food! very good service and food! very good service and food! very good service and food! very good service and food! very good service and food! very good service and food! very good service and food! very good service and food! very good service and food! very good service and food! very good service and food! very good service and food! very good service and food! very good service and food! very good service and food! very good service and food!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear Guest,

Warmt greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences online. I am very happy to hear that your time in our hotel was good, as we always strive to achieve a high quality of food and service.

I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing in the near future!

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I booked 2 rooms for my 20th anniversary celebration with my daughters and all the staff treated me very good. I was impressed with the service. very good size rooms, good food in the executive floor. the hotel has a very good relation with price and service.

Room Tip: ask for higher floors, less noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!

Firstly, congratulations on your 20th anniversary this is certainly a key miles stone; and thank you very much for your positive review ! ….the true litmus test of any successful business is feedback ,and it really is heartening to hear from our guests that we are doing it correctly. I will be sure to share with the team.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

As a Hilton Honors Gold member- I was attracted to this property for it's good value.. The hotel is up to par with other Doubletree properties around the world. The rooms are nice enough, breakfast is nice, and the cookie is a nice touch. The problem with this hotel is its location. It is close to nothing. It's a 1.5 miles walk to a subway station and 3 miles to any major tourist site. I think this may be a good hotel if you have are on a tour with pick up and delivery from the hotel.

When I am in a city as a tourist- I love to walk everywhere. I was surprised to find out that Beijing is a very difficult city to get around. The streets/sidewalks are not pedestrian friendly, cabs are hard to get and when you do get one- traffic is worse than anywhere I've ever been, and although the subway system is huge but stops are far from each other and you may have to walk a mile just to get to a subway stop.

For these reasons- I would not stay here again. I would chose a hotel close to the Forbidden City or a hotel right next to the subway.

I will say that the Concierges were very good although they seem to be very overworked as they are also the bellmen.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank madera99

Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!

Firstly, I would like to express my appreciation for you choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to China additionally, I am very pleased to hear that you overall enjoyed our services.

Regarding transportation it’s an unfortunate reality that traffic is becoming an issue in Beijing. However, there is good public transport from a bus station immediately opposite our hotel but I can appreciate that this might not be your preferred method of travel, and within the year a new subway station will be completed (less than 50 metres to our hotel) which will greatly assist in commuting around the city.

Once again, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel, and am glad to hear that the facilities and services were up to standard. I hope that in the future you might be able to choose to stay with us again, as we could help you to set up a tour program that would make travelling around the city a lot more convenient.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

This is a nice hotel – but not nearly as nice as the Hilton or Hyatt. However, it is a lot cheaper. This is a frequent tour hotel. It is not a bad area – just not near any tourist stuff. They speak some English – but not as much as at the nicer properties in Beijing.

The room was OK – shower only (no tub). The curtains let in a lot of light. Lighting in the room itself is pretty dim. You could hear road noise and hallways noise and noise when the people in the next room opened their closet etc.

There is an executive lounge. The breakfast was average. Not as good as most Asian Hilton properties. It had a mix of western and Chinese options - no eggs but had bacon and sausage etc. No soft drinks in the club – the website says there are but I couldn't find them and the host didn't understand enough English to understand.

The concierge also spoke minimal English but has cards with English and Chinese for taxi drivers.

The a/c in the room won’t work. It is set on a timer and won't turn on except when set. I found the room to be hot – unpleasantly so. I’m sure someone will say that I just didn't know how to operate it. well, I've been in hundreds of hotels and never found an a/c I couldn't operate – I defy you to do better at this hotel.

One tip - people here measure pollution by looking at the sky and if they can see clouds it must be ok. You should download the air app. The US Embassy releases numbers for embassy staff that tell the real story. Often it is hazardous but doesn't look bad. Buy some masks at Lowes before you go.

The desk couldn't change money but they do have an ATM in the lobby.

The bell desk staff were excellent – better English than the receptionist or concierge.

A taxi to the airport takes about an hour and costs about $25

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear Guest,

Warmest greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!

Firstly, I sincerely appreciate your trust in choosing to stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to complete the feedback online. I was sorry to find out that you were not happy with your overall experience. Let me begin by sincerely apologizing for any inconvenience and embarrassment we have caused to you during your stay.

Reviewing your feedback, it is obvious you were not happy with English levels of Team Members. Normally, we have a good reputation – clearly this was not the case on this occasion, rest assured, I will be following up with concerned dept heads & training managers to ensure we improve or risk further service dissatisfaction something that as a GM I want to avoid.

Regarding the air conditioning in the guest room, I have investigated the shortfall with our Director of Operations and Front Office team. The shortfall you described could have been easily avoided if a thorough room check would have been conducted prior releasing the room. Additionally, the Operations team will closely monitor the condition of all facilities and amenities in guest rooms and make sure we provide the most comfortable hotel experience to guests worldwide.

Once again I do apologize that we were not able to show you our usual DoubleTree caring service. However, only with comments from our guests we are able to improve our services on offer. The team and I hope you will give us another opportunity and experience our hotel that we are able to demonstrate to you our usual service standards. If I can be of any assistance with your reservation please do not hesitate to contact me personally at the email address below.

The team and I are looking forward to welcome you back in the not distance future.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Seemed a little far out from the centre and therefore the main attractions of Beijing. Situated on a busy freeway but rooms were quiet. Nice large entrance hallway although fairly sparsely furnished.
Room nice enough.Nothing special.
We were told by a receptionist that the hotel mainly catered to business guests and they are only now really catering for tourists. However no complaints with the service etc.
Breakfast nice with a good selection. I must recommend the Chinese restaurant (Sui Yuan) on one of the higher floors.Excellent food and service.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MarkyMark383

Dear Guest,

Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your travels.

I’m pleased to know that you love our Sui Yuan Chinese restaurant on the 3rd floor. We always get pleasant comments from our guests about our restaurants, especially variety & quality of food and excellent service.

Regarding location this is subjective to each traveller, for our corporate guests needing to be near the financial district this is an ideal location additionally, we are close to Tiananmen Square…additionally, the good news the Beijing municipality is investing in the public transport and extending the metro network, including a line with a station in front of our hotel, which should be completed by this year. This should make visiting the major tourist site extremely convenient.