“Great location, friendly staff, loved the food and the room”

Grand Millennium Beijing
Ranked #35 of 6,606 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

I visited Beijing at the start of a three week trip organised by Trailfinders and they booked all the hotels for me.

I was lucky enough to have a guide meet me at the airport and make my life so much easier travelling alone around Beijing.

The entrance to the hotel is stunning if a little hidden. You walk in to a sweeping foyer with sitting areas, and a coffee and cake area, with a restaurant in front of you.

Checking in was easy and I made my own way to my room.

The left was called for me and a luxurious room it was too. Loved it.

Breakfast the next morning was an overwhelming experience and there was so much. It would have been nice if they asked you if you needed assistance as there was Western and Chinese food available and I did not know where to start, it being my first visit to this extraordinary country.

Suffice to say I played safe!

I ordered room service on my second evening and the food was faultless.

I would definitely visit again, no hesitation

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
GrdMillenniumBeijing, Manager at Grand Millennium Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us and I am glad your stay with us was a memorable one. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Grand Millennium Beijing in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,318)

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

this hotel even it said 5 stars but not really like 5 stars hotels. I went to Beijing for business trip. when I get off from taxi at the hotel front door. no bell boys at all. that is around 20:00.
for checking in is ok for waiting 10 to 15 mins. after I settle down then try to find a taxi at the front door. haha this time have a bell boy but uselessness. when I told him need a taxi. he didn't respond and say something I don't know.

anyway the hotel room is fine (but kind of old). the cleaning ladies are very good and professionals.

if u are going to Beijing and need to stay couple days then should fine another real 5 stars hotel.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us in Grand Millennium Beijing. I was saddened and disappointed to read your review. We always trying to do everything we possibly can to ensure that our guests love their time with us and I am so sorry that was not the case for you. We are truly sorry for not providing you a satisfied experience. We are looking to welcoming you back to Grand Millennium Beijing in the near future.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

First time staying here, as it was booked by my client. I’ve stayed at 20+ hotels in Beijing over the years, and this one stands up well. Not too grand, not shiny and new, but not shabby. The rooms are a good size and are comfortable (though a bit cold - not sure the thermostat works), and the gym is nice - especially the pool. Service is good - as it should be.

Shops and restaurants are in the mall next door, and China World complex is a short walk.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 November 2017

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with MillenniumHotels.com

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

The place is really nice. It was just a one night stay and I did the club thing. Staff worked hard. At breakfast.

The bread was dry which was a bit sad considering the coffee was good and didn’t have that brutal China taste. Lots of jam too!!! Perhaps just a bad bread day. :)

The bed was super comfy and the the shower was sexy, even tho I was by myself!

I’d stay there again. Convenient to the airport by train, being steps to the subway.

The view was nice too. At 6:30am traffic is starting to build. That was interesting.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 October 2017

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with MillenniumHotels.com

Reviewed 30 October 2017

I chose this hotel because I wanted to stay somewhere nice for my husband's birthday. The room was nice but it was hot and the air-conditioning wasn't working properly because we had it on low and still was hot. The location of this hotel was not great, we stayed at a different hotel in Beijing which was in a much better location.

Everything was pretty good until we wanted to go to the pool. We were told you cannot swim unless you have a swim cap. If you don't have one then you have to purchase one for 150 yuen per person. So that is 300 yuen for two of us ($60 AUD). I was so annoyed that you would have to spend $60 for a swim. Considering you pay a lot of money to stay in this hotel then to be stung with a cap fee or you cannot swim.

This was very disappointing. Nowhere in the world have I been to that you have to buy a cap to swim in a pool. This really spoilt our stay. The hotel really should reconsidering charging this ridiculous price for a cap. In the end we did not swim at the hotel. This was our last day in Beijing and it wasn't great experience at this hotel.

Having to wear a cap to the pool is nowhere on the website. Therefore unless you are Chinese you would not know you have to wear a cap in the pool. If we knew we would of bought our own.

Unfortunately this experience with the swimming caps has changed my rating for this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple