“Great location!!”

Ranked #24 of 6,483 Hotels in Beijing
Florida
“Great location!!”
Reviewed 16 April 2012

The hotel is in a great location. We were upgraded to a suite and it was just great. The decor was rather modern for my taste, but well done. The bed felt terrific after our flight from the U.S. I would redcommend this hotel if traveling to Beijing.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lovestotravel2747

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vancover
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stayed at Hilton Wangfujing for 4 nights, which we upon check-in already could sense that this hotel provided top-class service. After a exhausted 18 hours flight, me and my husband arrived a bit earlier that expected for our check-in, the young man in the reception kindly explained to us that our room wasn't ready yet. However could we feel that he understood that we were tired and he quickly checked the system if there were another room available for us, within a few minutes he solved the situation and we were able to check in and have a good rest. The bellboy who carried our bag were very friendly, although his english level wasn't that well, we really appreciated his effort to engage in a conversation with us, asking were we came from and what we intented to do in Beijing. The room was spacious, with a big flat screen TV with all kinds of modern technology. The bathroom is wonderful with a separate bath and shower area. The hotel has an entire floor with only restaurants and bar, which we dined both at the western and the chinese restaurant during our stay, both places are a bit pricy comparing to the nearby alternatives, but for the service they provided, it was all worth it. The service staff in both restaurants is very attentive with a great attitude. There was a young man in the restaurant (Tai) which his service level was beyond our expectations. By only engage in a quick conversation with us from the previous night, he were able to remember our names and preferences for wine and food, which completely chocked both me and my husband when we went for dinner the second night. The location of the hotel is perfect, it is close to almost everything which Tianman Square and the Forbidden city is only a few minutes taxi ride from the hotel. There is a huge shopping mall next to the hotel, which you can find western groceries on the basement level. There is only one downside of this hotel, which are the construction noises around the hotel, since there a few constructions taking place close to the hotel. Overall, it was a great stay, which we will for sure stay at Hilton Wangfujing again if we’ll return to Beijing.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that are close to the constructions, due to construction noises.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Salon123
China
Reviewed 15 April 2012

This was a unique stay for us. A weekend getaway turned glamorous as we were graciously upgraded to the presidential suite. It was a fantastic way to rest and recharge. Enjoyed both breakfast and afternoon tea and cocktails. Service was fantastic and it is in a great location.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TryItAll76
Palos Verdes Estates, California
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Our visit to Beijing was for a week-long family reunion for my Chinese born wife. We had a total of four rooms as we flew in relatives from other parts of China. The hotel got us started on the right foot by making sure that all four rooms were located within a few doors of each other. We really appreciated the effort involved in making this happen.

We thought the hotel was pretty flawless. It is a block or so off the main roads and so was quieter than one usually finds in this busy city, yet is just a short walk to many local attractions (e.g. the Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, China's National Museum, Mao's Tomb - a must see). Just around the corner is the Wangfujing shopping district, a delightful mixture of local Chinese and high-end luxury shopping. Chang'an Road, the main road of the city, with all its shopping and wonderful architecture, is only three short blocks away.

Though only a Hilton (I like the brand but recognize it is not known for five star properties), we felt that it measured up to at least a high-four, low-five star rating but without the prices associated with such properties. Great servcice, beautifully finished with wood, stone and glass, well equipt rooms with good amenities. The hotel is modern (think Four Seasons) in style which we like and as you can easily tell from the pictures.

The breakfast buffet was included in our rate and we ate there every morning - the selection was good enough to be able to do this. Our group was a mixture of Western and Chinese people and there was something for everyone and it was all of very high quality.

What more to say. Things were always spotless in both the rooms and the common areas. A last word. We travel a lot in China and sometimes even in hotels aimed at Western travelers language is an issue. We have found this in every major Chinese city except Hong Kong (remember the British were here for a long time.) Language was not an issue at this hotel and this made it much easier for me, the only non-Chinese speaker in the group.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank noclvrname
London, UK
Reviewed 9 April 2012

How to get there:
Taxi - RMB 100-110. 1 hour's drive.
MTR - After landing at Beijing airport I bought an airport express ticket for 25 renminbi per person at the ticket counter (many signs in English at this stage of the journey) & alighted the train which is 10 meters from the ticket counter. One has to have their luggage go through X-ray security before boarding the train. The train takes about 20 minutes from the airport to the City Centre and goes from terminal 3 to terminal 2 then to Sanyuanqiao and then Dongzhimen. From here I changed from the airport express to the MTR. I had to buy a ticket to line one which was two RMB per person. Great value! Note that from the airport express at dongzhimen take line 2 in a southerly direction to Jianguomen station and change to line 1. get off at Wangfujing station. Print off an MTR map it is really easy then. Take exit B then you should end up on a pedestrianised street. Lookout for a clocktower (i turned right out of the station but i guess it depends on which B exit you took out of the station (left or right). Walk in easterly direction from exit B. there's a large foreign language bookstore on your left about 100m down the road (big red neon sign) and a very big Zara on your right another 200m down. At the first set of traffic lights after Zara (50 m away) turn right and the Hilton building is about 200 m on your left hand side.
The room: I paid for the cheapest hotel Hilton room. It was bigger than my flat in London and very clean. There is the usual duvet and free slippers.
The annoying thing is that Wi-Fi has an extra charge of 120 RMB per 24 hours. The cost of living in Beijing is quite cheap (MTR very cheap at RMB 2 per person flat fee) and lunches are cheap (if you come from NY, London or HK). So for the price of the HIlton wifi really should be included...
I had a dual aspect room which was very nice (room 1119). It is not the Hilton's fault, but there was some construction work going on at 2 AM on the opposite building. It sounded like bricks were being thrown into a metal wheelbarrow and the metal wheelbarrow was then being emptied into a metal skip. There was also a lot of metallic hammering going on. The first was annoyed, but then I consoled myself by counting myself lucky that I was not the person working at 2 AM on a building site.
Breakfast: I believe breakfast is from 6:30 AM to 10 AM on the fifth floor. I found the concierges very helpful. They printed maps & directions in English & Mandarin to give to the taxi driver. Make sure you get a card with the Hilton address on it for your return journey if you don't speak Mandarin as not many people I spoke to could understand English. Beijingers are very friendly though in my experience. Breakfast has a great variety but is so-so tasting (dim sum sits around too long so is dry - not much they can do I guess so not entirely the hotel's fault). Won Ton noodles were quite nice (that is, the soup and vegetables and noodles - the won ton only the chef's mother will like them). The cut fruit were very sweet and better than the fruit I can buy in HK. the freshly squezed juices (dragonfruit, watewlon (with pips though), pineapple, healthy Chinese shake etc.were of good quality. There is also an egg station and a congee station and a
Waffle station and a bread station etc. Free China Daily newspapers in the breakfast room. Unfortunately one comes away smelling of oil after breakfast. Overall 7/10 for breakfast (quality and variety). Variety brings it up but quality is variable. Dried prunes were great. Staff are friendly enough but hopeless. So I have to give them 7/10. I had to ask for coffee and tea three times. Capuccino and hot chocolate can be ordered on request at no extra charge. This is completely my fault as I speak exactly 8 words in mandarin only but I ordered hard boiled eggs and sunny side came out. So maybe a few phrases will help you get what you want (if you are fussy). They have hot and cold soya milk available in the buffet (for those of you who are lactose intolerant).
Dinner Recommendation: For dinner I caught a taxi to DinTaiFung which is north east of the hotel & about 20 minutes away. Fare was about 30 renminbi. It is easy to get a taxi back to the hotel from Din Tai Fung because there is an official-looking man with a taxi baton outside who to help flag one down for you. Din Tai Fung in Hong Kong and Shanghai are marginally better than Beijing but they are also more expensive. still I was not disappointed. it was a very very good meal. For 2 people with no alcohol it was our RMB 173 for four basket of dumplings which is a fair price I think.
I would return to the Hilton Wangfuing and also Beijing as it had a great location and there is so much to do in Beijing. I also like Shanghai but for me I think I have a slight preference for Beijing as there is so much culture there.

Room Tip: 1119 has dual aspect windows. 1113 is also good. The layout is better than 1119 (wider and not so lo...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Ilikecheesealot
WangfujingGM, General Manager at Hilton Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, 14 April 2012
Thank you for your extensive review of your recent stay with us. I shared your comments regarding breakfast with our brand new Executive Chef, who will be reviewing the quality of all items on our indeed extensive buffet. It was disappointing to learn of your difficulty getting your coffee. Elton, our Restaurant Manager has re-worked the staf allocation so there are always good English speakers available in all areas of the restaurant. The hard boiled eggs are available on the buffet, not cooked to order, this may have contributed to the misunderstanding. The construction that disturbed you was actually the shopping mall next door moving their new escalators from their outdoor bus parking into the mall. I checked today and all parts have now been moved in and are being assembled. I am sorry this affected your sleep. I have contacted the shopping mall management to ensure they inform us in advance when they have large projects like that so we can take pre-emptive measures. Do let us know when you're in Beijing next, so our Chef can have you try some of his new creations. Best regards, Marc de Beer.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2012 via mobile

Food was superb for both breakfast and lunch. Rooms were massive with two rooms connected together so plenty of space to chill in the rooms. Would stay again.

Stayed February 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 9 April 2012

This was one of the best hotels I ever stayed. The service was excellent though the people would need to brush up a bit on speaking English. Other than that, all staffs were great in trying to accommodate my request.

Breakfast was great with the full variety from American Breakfast to Asian Food. Basically, we were talking about Breakfast every day!

The rooms were elegant, sleek and very smart. Also the rooms were very comfortable. It was big and the toilets were great!

The location of the hotel is great near to the shopping district. I would say this is one of my best stays in China and will not forget it.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family