All reviews large mall nice hotel tour group glass wall summer palace clean bathroom buffet restaurant china tour great amenities king bed large room four nights hotel is located chinese food forbidden city walmart lobby
Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

We visited China in October 2017. While there for 2 weeks, we stayed at several Sheraton hotels across China. The food was excellent especially the breakfast buffets. There were some issues with the rooms. The beds were so hard in most of the hotels that it was a challenge to sleep. Also, there was a heat wave while we were there. We didn’t realize that the hotels have no control over the heat or air conditioning during the months of September and October. We, therefore, had to suffer a stifling hot room! The window was opened upon request but it wasn’t any help - warm polluted air only!
Overall, it was a great cultural experience.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lily C
鸿华 张, 总经理 at Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian Hotel and Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

Dear Lily C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Everything we do is aimed at delivering a quality experience to our guests. Unfortunately, we did not meet up with your expectation this time. We have been looking into the points you raised with our room facilities for further rectification and improvement.
Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to having the opportunity to optimize your experience to regain your confidence.

Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here while I was visiting Beijing. This is a beautiful hotel. Rooms were warm and air conditioning was not on, but the window did open so there’s that. Breakfast was amazing! Everything and anything you could hope for! Highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pamela K

Dear Pamela K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback about your recent experience at our House and recommending us to the TripAdvisor community!

We are happy as well that our service make you feel comfortable. The team and I always look forward to having you back at our house.

Reviewed March 3, 2018

I stayed at this hotel for a night during my visit to Beijing. I was surprised with the hotel in so many ways.

First I thought this hotel is so far away. Actually it is not too bad. It is around 10-15 minutes walk from subways line 10, also there are many buses right outside the hotel. It is in the west part of city, close to some universities.

Hotel is really well organised, nice lobby, great room, very comfortable bed, but the toilet is really smelly. You can smell it when you walk in the room. I stayed during Chinese New Year, the happy hour is at the lobby cafe. You can eat and drink at the buffet, great!
Breakfast is good but nothing really special.

service is good, staff are trying to serve you wherever they can. Considering the price you pay, it is a great value for money.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
鸿华 张, 总经理 at Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian Hotel and Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2018

Dear Melbcollege,

Thank you for your feedback during your stay with us. We really appreciate the time you have taken to provide your detailed feedback.

We understand that we still have a lot of work to do to continuously improve our service quality standards and service delivery; certainly your valuable comments will benefit us in our growth and service enhancement.

Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to have opportunity to better your experience.

Four Points By Sheraton Beijing Haidian Hotel

Reviewed January 27, 2018

Last week I stayed 2 nights in this hotel. Check-in service was good. Hotel generally is ok. The room is unfortunately a business hotel museum, relatively old and in need of an update. If you want to see what a business hotel used to look like go to this one.

The main reason for me writing this review however is that my room had the temperature set at 25C degrees (about 78F) and for me this was way too hot. I turned the thermostat down however it did not change the room temperature.

I called guest services and she put me through to another number, nobody answered the number. I called guest services again, she put me through to a number with the same result. I called guest services again and ask for help and to not be put through to a number where nobody answers, she put me through to the number again.

I got dressed and went down to reception. She told me that she would get house keeping to come and look at it. House keeping came, no English and set the thermostat down lower than I had it. I said that does not work. She then unlocked the window so that it could be opened. It was -10C (12F) outside. She then left.

I was left with either an oven or freezer and the lovely Beijing smog wafting directly into my room.

I called guest services and asked to speak to a manager. I spoke to a male person who identified himself as Torch. I suggested a room change, he said no, the hotel is booked out (I later called their reservations and could have booked a new room). I said that the thermostat needs fixing, he said all the rooms are set to this temperature as it is cold in Beijing. I agreed it was cold, but said that I don’t sleep at 25C degree, that is too hot for me. He suggested to open the window, I said it was -10C outside, that is well below freezing, I also don’t want to sleep at that temperature. He said there is nothing more he can do, all the rooms are set to this temperature.

So if you want to swelter in 25C (78F) degrees heat in Beijing or freeze in -10C (12F) with the lovely Beijing smog then this is the hotel for you. I don’t want to and won’t.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
鸿华 张, 总经理 at Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian Hotel and Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2018

Dearwilburthedonky,

Thank you for staying at Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian and sharing your experience here on tripadvisor. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences happened during your stay.

I have gone in details through your points with all our team in the hotel and I am personally looking into the same regarding your comments. I can assure you that your feedback is very important to us. Therefore I would like to get personally in touch with you and would appreciate if you could reach out to me on the below email address:mona.wang@fourpoints.com.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in your next trip to Beijing.

Four Points By Sheraton Beijing Haidian Hotel

Reviewed January 8, 2018

The rooms and facilities are actually very nice, with Indoor pool and great bathroom. However, we found one staff out of 20 we encountered that spoke limited English. I wish I could rate this hotel better but...

Our expericence with concierge was possibly the worst in any travel I made.

1. We went there the first day to ask if there were any sightseeing worth besides the classical sights. We were dispatched with a map and a leaflet of Beijing Grey Tours before the man started speaking Mandarin with other people around.

2. One day after, we asked directions to get to Mutianyu. The only option offered was an "affordable" private car at the tune of 2200 Yuan (338$). We had to check on internet there is a bus (916) that costs 12 Yuan (1.84$) per person.
When I went down, we found another young man who was helpful enough to confirm this route.

3. We had an issue with a train that had to bring us to another city, and went to concierge to help see if they could book another ticket as the website was in Mandarin. For us it was kind of stressful as we were meant to leave the next day. The young man simply asked us to go to Shanghai with taxi (750 miles?), said "No English", shrugged and went back to his mobile phone to play videogames with us in front showing a great passion for Hospitality.

Resuming, a great hotel with great facilities, but do not expect any service at all. All the information is on your mobile phone (prepare to be patient as you'll get at best 3G speeds). Matter of fact, I had another reservation at the Aloft for the following week and fearing such level of service we cancelled and went to Westin instead.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
鸿华 张, 总经理 at Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian Hotel and Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2018

Dear Worldwidegener,

Thank you for staying at Four Points By Sheraton Beijing Hotel ! We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences happened during your stay, especially about our Concierge. The issue have been reported to the entire management team already, and we are on our way to enhance our service quality as well as many other aspects. And the Concierge staff's attitude issue is on the top to us to be improved.
We sincerely appreciate your feedback and your support, and look forward to welcome you back again!