New World Beijing Hotel(Beijing)
US$156
US$121
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$144/night.

US$189
US$207
US$136
Priceline
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 30, 2016

The room was a nice size, the bed was large, but there were a couple of problems.
First, we checked in to find out that the toilet would not flush. This was fixed while we went out to dinner. When we returned, and got ready to go to bed, we found it impossible to sleep because of the noise coming from somewhere. It turned out not to be from another guest, but from the KTV (Karaoke) establishment nearby. When we called the desk, the manager offered to give us earplugs. We had to insist on a different room. We were given a different room, but not offered any assistance moving from one room to the other, even though we were in our pajamas and slippers. While aware that the noise is an ongoing problem, management puts guests in rooms with this issue hoping that customers will not complain. If you are aware of a problem, and you make it your guests problem, you should not expect return guests.

A second problem was smoking in the lobby. It should not be up to the guests who are bothered by smoking to ask the management to have other customers comply with the law.

If you don't speak Chinese, don't expect to be able to communicate clearly with anyone at the front desk.

In addition, it is very difficult to walk on the sidewalk in this neighborhood as the sidewalk barely exists and is used by all sorts of vehicles.

On the plus side, the nearest subway station (Anilu station, #15 line) is only a few minutes away. Good and reasonably priced restaurants are available nearly 24 hours on this street. I might stay in this neighborhood again, but I would investigate other nearby hotels before staying here again.

Room Tip: You must ask for a room without noise from the KTV establishment
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank batterypark
Reviewed June 9, 2016

This is a review of the restaurant inside the Ramada Inn Parkside.

After our visit to the Summer Palace and an unannounced pearl factory tour, we came here for a pre-ordered lunch before our late afternoon flight to Xi’an.

The entrees were served family style – dishes were served on a lazy susan and everyone helped themselves. Overall, we had 9 dishes.

The dishes included the following:
• Hot and sour soup
• Tofu
• Minced mini meatballs
• Shredded chicken and bamboo shoot
• Sweet and sour pork
• Deep fried battered fish
• Processed meat and corn
• Scrambled egg and tomato
• Bok choy
• Steamed rice

Meals included beer, water or soft drinks.

The service was fast and efficient.

In my opinion, the meal was average taste-wise.

I would rate the overall meal 3 out of 5.

Notes and Tips
• This was our 3rd day in Beijing and the restaurant meals in general were okay but did not leave us saying that was a “great meal”. As I have mentioned previously, I get the feeling the meals were prepared specifically for the Western palate; that is, nothing too adventurous and or spicy.
• The scrambled egg and tomato would appear at least on 2 other occasions during our tour.
• During the 15 days we were there, beef was a rare commodity; maybe 2 or 3 dishes – predominantly chicken and pork plus a lot more vegetarian dishes.
• Our tour group of 31 people occupied 4 tables at this restaurant
• From a common sense and hygiene standpoint, when eating family style, you should be using the serving utensil to take your food and not your personal utensil.
• After lunch, the bus drove us to the airport to catch our late afternoon flight to Xi’an.
• We were on a Sinorama 15 day group tour of China that included Wuhan, Jingzhou, Suzhou, Chongqing, Yangtze River 4 day cruise and Shanghai.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bottomshelfhockey
Reviewed April 3, 2016

Staff on arrival had their heads stuck in a computer and were waving their heads as there was no reservation for me or my companion, despite the face that it was all pre-paid.

We paid quite a lot of money for our stay and when we were leaving there was a huge to do about a Y10.00 can of apple juice Y10.00=£1.00.
I hate to say bad things as this brand is very close to my heart but it has gone down so much since my first visit since 2009, Get a grip guys you can do it!!!!!

Room Tip: anything except (room with no window) paid the extra y20.00 for a window, this is a nice part of the capital
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tdx317
Reviewed February 25, 2016

I can't say any good or any bad about this hotel - reasonable room quality, restaurant is OK but around you can find plenty of better places to eat.
Meting rooms are not so good in the basement, no day light and quite dark interior.
Location nearby Olympic stadion, science museum and shopping mall.
Good value for money.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed February 1, 2016

I stayed here a couple of times, so it can't be bad. The rooms are nice, not fancy, but nice. I stayed in a standard room and in a suite, huge difference in quality and amenity. There is an adequate workout room and you can walk to the Olympic Stadium and to several subway trains. Some of the staff speak English, and overall they were friendly. My room was overbooked on my second stay and after arriving late at night to check in, I was 'walked' to another hotel that was terrible, I refused to stay and ended up having to find a different hotel that night. Irritating and avoidable. The manager assured me that he would reverse the room charge for the night I was walked, but I had to force Orbitz to intervene on my behalf to get my money back. Nice. I'd recommend to check in early in case you find yourself in the same situation.

Internet in the room was acceptable but not fast, breakfast was good. Good restaurants next door for dinner, and a large supermarket a block away with a pharmacy if you need it. I agree with other reviewers that the beds were hard, not up to 5 star standards. Aside from my experience with the overbooking and the dishonest manager, this hotel is probably a 3.5 star hotel. They could be a 4 with a little work. If you find a cheap rate this is a decent place.

Room Tip: If you are really cheap or on a budget, this hotel offers substantially discounted rooms without a window.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo