“Hilton Beijing Capital Airport - Excellent stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Beijing Capital Airport

Hilton Beijing Capital Airport
Ranked #29 of 6,435 Hotels in Beijing
Beijing, China
“Hilton Beijing Capital Airport - Excellent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

Perfect Location for layover guests... only 1 mins away from T3 by their blue shuttle bus. The hotel is relatively new just opened for 1 year so the rooms/outlets were just fresh and amazing! each room have a really high ceiling and comfortable beds!!

Their 6 outlets are just EXQUISITE!!! the service was also very nice. One of the restaurants is called My China and I really recommend to try this traditional Chinese restaurant, you can eat delicious spicy dishes there ... the other restaurant is more elegant and the decor is just fabulous!!!!!!

We really loved to have a drink at the bar, the concept was cool - Long Bar (Dragon Bar in Chinese)... the room is very quiet, no noise at all

We’ve been travelling a lot around the world and we really recommend this Airport HOTEL..

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
David P, General Manager at Hilton Beijing Capital Airport, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Thank you for your kind comments. I am glad you had a good stay at our hotel and that you managed to experience some of the many food and drink outlets that we offer. I also think the food in My China is great!

I am particularly happy that you found the beds to be comfortable as getting a good nights sleep is perhaps the most important thing for the guests that stay with us. I do in fact receive many good remarks about the comfort and quality of our beds and bedding.

I like to think of the hotel as a hotel at the airport rather than an airport hotel as I believe we offer much, much more than the sometimes soulless experience of some western airport hotels.

I hope that you will return to us in the near future.

David Prince

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

Stayed at this hotel for the first night arrived after my flight from Dublin via Frankfurt and delighted that i checked into this wonderful hotel which is right next to T3 with a free shuttle to the hotel every 15minutes this is new hotel with every luxury you could want in a hotel upgraded to executive which gave me breakfast and drinks and snacks. The staff were excellent and looked after all my wants also i was able to check in early which was nice i had lunch in the restaurant which was buffet with a wonderful choice of food. I would highly recommend this hotel and would stay here again.Only downside is that internet in room is not free but is in the lounge but this seems to be the case in all Hiltons.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and in particular the fact that you found our staff to be excellent and that they looked after all your wants as this is what we aspire to achieve for all our guests.

I am glad that you had a nice meal in our buffet restaurant and would encourage you to try one of our three other restaurants next time. I must confess to personally being a fan of My China which serves food from Sichuan, Hunan and Beijing.

You are quite correct with regard to Hilton's policy regarding internet in that we currently charge for it. I suppose that the debate of including it and increasing your room rate to all guests or alternatively only charging the guests who use it has no good answer. In order to try and meet our guests half way so to speak we offer free wifi access in all of our public areas.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back again in the future.

Sg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

I had to wait a night for my connecting flight back to Singapore, and it made sense to stay at the hotel closest to the airport. The swanky new hotel was a stone's throw away from Terminal 3, with 2-way shuttle bus provided for your convenience. The high ceiling and serious looking walls were a little intimidating at first. However I soon got accustomed to the opulence of this business hotel. It had modern amenities like the cool-looking bathroom shower head and all, but also retained some touches of ancient chinese history. It is serious looking yet with a classy relaxed atmosphere at the lobby bar. Of cos a cocktail or two away from home always helps the traveling soul.

Room Tip: Hilton honors always helps
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review following your stay at our hotel.

It is always nice to be called 'opulent' and 'swanky'! I would have to agree that the hotel is very unusual given the sheer size and scale of our public areas which are particularly unusual for an airport hotel. We also were very keen to ensure the hotel showcased elements of Chinese culture and art whilst at the same time being modern and contemporary for international travellers and I am glad that we have been successful in this.

I am completely with you regarding the benefits of a restorative cocktail or two when away from home. Hopefully you will visit us again when I would strongly recommend you try a mojito made by our Cuban bar manager.

Qingdao, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

Just the place I would go again when traveling to Beijing and staying at the airport. Very friendly service personal picks you up (for free!) from the airport and you will be in the hotel within 5 min. Even walking is possible and quite nice through a park but not suggested with luggage (will take you ca. 35 min. on foot). Very nice bar with moderate prices - cigars and fine whiskey gave me a very pleasent evening :)
Food is on a high level 5 Star Hotel range, especially nice is the buffet on sundays as there is champange for us and a supervised playground for the kids.
For traveling to Beijing city you can use all the connections from the airport as the shuttle bus to the airport is not only free but you can use it as many times as you want, so you can just go the airport have some snack at Burger King or go to the city for sightseeing.

Room Tip: All are nice, as there are planes going up and down on both sides of the building so you can watch...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
David P, General Manager at Hilton Beijing Capital Airport, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

I would have to agree that whilst it is quite possible to walk to the hotel from Terminal 1 I would not recommend it during the cold of winter or the heat of summer. In spring and autumn it would take 8-10 minutes, having walked it myself often, but with luggage I am sure our free shuttle bus is simpler.

I am happy that you enjoyed the food on offer and in particular the champagne brunch that we offer on Sunday. I am very proud of our indoor children`s playroom which I believe is the most comprehensively and best equipped playroom of any hotel in Beijing. I must admit that my daughters make good use of it every weekend!

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Stayed here twice and had two experiences. First night after a taxi took me to the "Airport Capital Hotel" and tried to rip me off I had the hotel call the Hilton and they sent a mini bus for me. Hotel staff was great and the only negative was street noise for that room. On my back through Beijing another night was in order. This room was very quiet as location was not near the street. Beds were very firm. Overall, stay was good as location is convenient.

• Stayed February 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
David P, General Manager at Hilton Beijing Capital Airport, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
I am glad that you find the hotel to be convenient though, given that we are only one minute away from Terminal 3 and ten minutes from 1 &2, this is perhaps not too surprising.

What makes me particularly happy is the way in which my team responded to your problem of being taken to the wrong hotel by your taxi driver and that you found our staff `great` as this for me is the key difference between a great hotel and an average one.

I hope to welcome you back again should you return to Beijing.

Tokyo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

I stayed at the Hilton for one night on a recent short trip to Beijing.

Location:
The Hilton is literally a 3 minutes shuttle ride away from Terminal 3. If your flight is leaving early in the morning, then this is a great place to stay. On arrival at terminal 3, take the elevator down to bus ground level (gate 5), cross the road, and look for the blue-colored Hilton bus/sign.

Check-in/out:
Swift, polite, professional; just what you expect from a Hilton.

Room:
Stayed in a regular king-size room. The room was very spacious (high ceiling), modern, and well maintained. It almost felt like a nice little apartment. The only minor things I noticed were that some small flies were in the bathroom/shower room and that there was some dust build-up around some of the working desk items. No big deal though. Also, when the AC/heater was running, it smelled a bit like 'outside air' (air pollution smell), which is obviously not the Hilton's fault.

Room Service:
Service was good and speedy and the quality of food and presentation was nice as well. The bread/buns that came with my salad were a bit too dry though. The room service menu could be a bit more extensive, but then again, there are plenty of restaurant facilities inside the hotel.

Breakfast:
Good quality, choice, and taste. The breakfast area itself is nice and modern and has a welcoming atmosphere to it.

Getting around:
The hotel can arrange for a cab ride to downtown Beijing (around 80RMB). It took around 40 minutes (depends on traffic, destination, and time of day). It's probably a good idea to 'order' your taxi an hour in advance. On the way back, make sure you have a Hilton 'business card' in Chinese with you, since cab drivers don't speak English, and also make sure the driver actually knows how to get to the Hilton. In my case, and to my surprise, I was literally dumped roadside around 600 meters away from the hotel and had to cross patches of very dirty grass in between roads to get to the hotel entrance (at subzero temperatures wearing nothing but a suit and office leather shoes); all because the driver had no clue how to navigate the roads. Also, the ride back from Beijing took around two hours due to the horrendous traffic.

The Hilton is definitely a nice and convenient place to stay and feels like 'home' after some of the more 'interesting' experiences you will certainly have in China.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
David P, General Manager at Hilton Beijing Capital Airport, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
I am very glad that you had a good stay at our hotel and that you were satisfied by both the facilities and the service the hotel has to offer.

I was sorry to hear that you had a few flies in your room and have already arranged for this to be dealt with by our pest control company. I can only imagine that a guest before you opened the window and thereby allowed them to come in. I have also spoken with my housekeeping team as whilst there may only have been a little dust around the desk items there should not have been any and we will address this.

Our room service menu covers pretty much all of the items that have been requested by guests since we opened but we are also more than happy to serve food from any of our seven restaurants, lounges and bars which would give you a very wide choice indeed.

I hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back should you again visit Beijing.

Manchester UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

This hotel is close to the terminal and it really is a treat. Great rooms, nice staff and the restaurants serve a good standard of Western food. This is really welcome after a lengthy stay in China. I love China but I always spend my final night here to give me a taste of home.

Room Tip: They struggle to give me a King room every time. Call ahead on the day with your arrival time or you...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
David P, General Manager at Hilton Beijing Capital Airport, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
I am very glad that you feel welcomed here and it reminds you of home as this is very much what we aspire to achieve.

Our four restaurants, which serve everything from Western food to an International buffet to food from all around China pretty much guarantee that you will find something to remind you of home.

I regret that we are not always able to give you a king room as we are of course constrained by the rooms that we have available.

The good news however is that unlike our competitors we do not have any single beds. All of our twin bedded rooms contain two double beds so your comfort is still pretty much guaranteed.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to China.