Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Book In Advance
Tours from Tour-Beijing-Day Tour tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Tour-Beijing-Day Tour
from US$160.00
More Info
from US$100.00
More Info
1,338 results
All reviews mutianyu great wall guide jackie tiananmen square hour layover summer palace international travel service ming tombs long layover chinese lunch spoke very good english highly recommend this company beijing airport answered all our questions interesting facts great pictures great guide mutianyu section
Reviewed yesterday

Having only one free day my co-worker and I took the Beijing Highlight Private Day Tour. I arranged this in advance and upon check in at my hotel there was a message waiting confirming an 8:30am pick up in the hotel lobby. Our tour guide Kevin, met us at 8:30 am sharp and off we went. This tour included visiting Tiananmen Sq, The Forbidden City and the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall. All fees were included (except ski-lift) so all we had to do was enjoy. I highly suggest this private tour if jammed for time, Kevin spoke great English and provided a lot of history and local flavor at each stop. His tour guide pass allowed him to skip the lines and get right to the good stuff. He was very informative about the architecture, history, and stories regarding the construction of the Sq and the Forbidden City. We then took about a 90 minute drive north through not so bad traffic (it was a Saturday) to Mutianyu stopping for lunch on the way which was quite tasty. We arrived at the Wall and took a ski lift up, we hiked about 2 miles from lookout station 6 to 11? which is quite up and down. Kevin left us alone for about half the hike and then we met back up for the final portion. We then took a toboggan down. All very fun and the Wall itself offers so much history and scenery that you're definitely in awe. We arrived back to the hotel at about 6pm. All in all this was a fantastic day and am so glad to do it. I highly recommend Tour-Beijing, Kevin and glad I found them both.

TourBeijingTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Tour-Beijing-Day Tour, responded to this reviewResponded yesterday

Dear jrube,

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our agent to other travelers.
The highlight day tour is the best choice for those whose time is limited. You made the right choice.
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed this tour.
Next time you are here, we will show you more beautiful places.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 days ago

My husband and I did a 1 day tour Hike from Gubeikou Great Wall to Jinshanling
Great Wall. I have to admit, this hike was alot harder than what I expected. You do need to do a lot of downhill walking and it can be slippery. If you are not a strong hiker this can be difficult.

However, our guide Oliver was extremely patient with us and made our tour such a great experience. This was the best thing I did in my entire trip to China. The views were breathtaking and we pretty much had the wall to ourselves! Oliver even cooked us his vegetable specialty and made sure we were satisfied with the tour. He even gave us an option to do an extended hike if we wanted to.

Overall, I highly recommend this tour. They tailor it to your needs.

Reviewed 1 week ago

It was a wonderful adventure for me. The beautiful scene, marvolus artitecture and challenged way, they all made the trip become better. Mako was my tour guide today. He’s a patient and knowledgeable person. Thanks to his flexibility so that I could had my trip be tremendous. I finally finished the adventure Jianko to whole Mutianyu. Many thanks.

總的來說是一個很棒的體驗,箭扣長城的壯麗以及歷史的悲涼感都是很值得讓人一探的。Mako是本次陪爬的導遊,他的耐心跟豐富的歷史知識,為此趟旅程增色了不少,也很感謝他對於本次旅程的彈性,讓我可以順帶外加慕田峪全穿的行程,相當不錯的經驗,也很值得向大家推薦。

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This was the perfect tour for someone just interested in seeing what the Great Wall is all about, but not really exploring many parts of it. The Mutianyu section in the afternoon was practically empty, providing ample time to explore at our leisure and take many pictures. I can’t recommend our tour guide, Angela, to you enough. She was sent straight from heaven and made the tour exceptional. I had an interest in getting “the perfect picture” and she was standing on top of the wall taking my picture, while holding my jacket and bag. I mean c’mon who does that? She was amazing! My mother has a bad leg and she was so thoughtful about keeping with her pace and going to sections that were easy to navigate. She provided us with SO much information, not only about the Great Wall but about Beijing, China in general, and other historic sites we had visited on our trip. I almost forgot I was there to see the wall because I was having so much fun with Angela!! The real kicker is just when we were about to leave, my mom noticed one of the souvenirs she had bought was broken and Angela went ALL THE WAY BACK to the stand, which was at least a 10-15 minute walk, by herself, and exchanged the souvenir for us. What a sweetheart! I HIGHLY recommend this tour to all, and consider yourself HIGHLY fortunate if you happen to get Angela as your guide.

TourBeijingTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Tour-Beijing-Day Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Naudie,

Thank you so much for your 5-star review & sharing the beautiful pictures with us!
It's great to hear our guide was helpful and was able to assist with your needs.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I decided to visit Shanghai and, after having already tryed this Tour-Beijing in Beijijng, I contacted again this agency. As usual, they were able to suggest how to spend my time in Cina and, after my trip I can say with no dubt that they made their best for me, my holiday had been a fairy tale in Shanghai thanks to Terry the guide who went with us.
After my second trip in China with Tour-Beijing I'm looking forward to mke my third with these fabulus people. Thanks to all

Hi Daniele A,

Thanks very much for choosing TourBeijing again.
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your Shanghai tour with us!

We are always trying our best to serve you better.
Looking forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed September 24, 2018

Small group tour (5) from jiankou to Mutianyu. Easy and efficient to deal with. Adelle very responsive to emails. Peter Hu our guide for the day was seriously wonderful. Patient, easy going, very knowledgeable. Lunch was included in a really delicious restaurant. Family style sharing dishes. Could not recommend this day enough.

1  Thank Lions300
Reviewed September 23, 2018

My wife and me would like to say a very big 谢谢 to you (Sissi, our Tour Advisor) for the very good service, help and friendliness you have shown on behalf of your company. This includes the very good service of all the tour guides (Lisa, Kevin & Angela) and the drivers (Xiao Chen and the other driver - sorry did not get his name). We would certainly recommend you and your company to any of our friends who are visiting China and need tour services.

While all took care of us, a special thanks to Lisa and Xiao Chen who were extra friendly and took care of us well.

Once again, we would like to thank-you personally for all your help and quick replies. You made our visit to Beijing a good, enjoyable and pleasant one.

Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

On our bucket list and we decided to have the private tour. We had Dirk as our guide and got realy god day with lots of information and fun. Recomend to have the moorning trip to avoid the crowd.

Reviewed September 10, 2018

I would ABSOLUTELY recommend this tour to anyone. It was very much worth the cost. To be picked up at your hotel, driven 90 minutes to the tour site in a nice car, taken past all the lines at the Great Wall and have everything explained to you in English, JUST CAN'T BE BEAT. Booking this tour saved us so much time and aggravation of lines and language barriers.

3  Thank superant803
Reviewed September 9, 2018

The Great Wall - a must see of the seven wonders of the world and truly impressive beyond all pictures and from what one has read. Definitely go as early as you can. We arrived around 9:30 am and by 11:30 you could barely move and forgot about taking any pictures that don't have peoples' heads in them. The serenity of the wall in the morning is amazing, particularly if you have a beautiful day.

The Private Tour - you get exactly what you pay for - it is just that $360 for two people is very expensive compared to what you can arrange in Beijing (for example through our hotel would have been cheaper for a nicer car). The car and tour guide were there before 8:00 am at the hotel, the car was nice, comfortable, and the driver very safe. The chairlift/toboggan roundtrip was 120Yen ($18 USD). so you are basically paying for the car, driver, and the tour guide for 5 hours.

The Tour Guide - while a very friendly lady with so-so English...during the 1.5 hour ride from Beijing she never told us anything about the Wall -- she was on her cell phone most of the time. We decided to read about the Wall on Wikipedia before we got there. On sight, her explanation was minimal and uninspiring. She was frankly overbearing and annoying when she wanted to take our pictures (I know how to use my camera, thank you). I would have preferred a more thorough and history-filled tour to explain such a masterpiece as the Great Wall. Another pet peeve -- she took us to the "State-run and approved" souvenir shop on-sight, and told us we could have engraved keychains with our names and date of our climb on them - only after purchasing them did we find out that they don't do engraving there! Grrrrrrrr

I would recommend checking other companies, or with your hotel, for better priced tours. I wish I had done better research and/or found a tour guide that came recommended.

4  Thank Larry K