All reviews tiananmen square tower b qian men new tower chongwenmen station star hotel major attractions breakfast buffet per day pool and gym shopping street non smoking room convenient location rooms are big the air conditioning stayed at this hotel for nights convenience store
Reviewed November 7, 2017 via mobile

Great hotel. Pleasure staying. Great location near to city center; wang fujing street and tianmen square. Polite staff. Large room. Perfect breakfast. Beutiful looby and near to shopping mall. Highly reccomend this hotel. Reasonable price.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Payam P
Reviewed October 24, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel. The room was comfortable and had all the amenities. The only thing that was a bit disappointing is that the staff had very limited or no ability to speak or understand English. They would just look at you and smile and that was it. China is a beautiful country to visit but as I said before their English is non existent which is a pity.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 11, 2017

Comfortable rooms, and beautiful large courtyard garden. The upper rooms have views to the Forbidden City. You can walk to shopping areas and the Forbidden City from this hotel. Meals were OK. I do not recommend the spa - it is not up to the standard of the rest of the hotel. The hotel staff speak little English. Porters were helpful, but reception staff were not as efficient.

Room Tip: Upper rooms have views of the city.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2017

I spent three nights at the Capital Hotel Beiing. I'm rating it five stars due to my seamless experience and the luxury hotel feel.

If you're looking for a review commenting on the food service, the dining experience, or any of the other amenities the hotel might have to offer, I'd recommend looking elsewhere. In addition to the good ratings, I decided to stay at this hotel due to the proximity to some of the major attractions Beiing has to offer, including the Forbidden City.

One advantage to booking this hotel is the relative proximity to the metro line (Chongwenmen station). It's about a ten minute walk. If you're arriving from the Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK), all you have to do is take the Airport Line to Dongzhimen and transfer to the Subway Line 2 headed for Chongwenmen. The journey will take at least an hour. A quick warning to those who wish to take the metro. I personally found it the most convenient, cheapest way to get around Beijing, particularly due to the size of the city and the road traffic. That said, it's much easier for someone like myself who is used to riding subways in a major, metropolitan city. Buying tickets and figuring out the routes can be a little tricky (several train lines operate in circles, for example, so you'll need to correctly determine the direction you're headed). This is particularly the case in a city where getting help in any language other than Chinese is difficult to come by.

The hotel itself is well-maintained. The staff are kind and efficient. I personally had no issues with their communication skills. The bedroom is very comfortable and well-kept. Overall, it's a fantastic place for a good night's rest.

The only negative comment I have to share relates to the crowd of taxi/rickshaw drivers lined up outside of the hotel. They can be fairly obnoxious and persistent. I spent a month roaming around Southeast Asia so I arrived accustomed to this behavior. If you're looking to have a little fun at their expense, respond to them in another language (not English) and act confused. They'll leave you alone in short order.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank TomasTJP
Reviewed September 28, 2017

The biggest fault is that the hotel staff do not speak English, and those that do is not good enough for a large international hotel. This hotel has guests from all over the world so the language skills are simply not up to the task.
I phoned for room service and was passed to three separate people before my order was taken.
They charge a deposit for glasses taken to your room. I have never been asked for this before. I returned one glass which had a crack in it and was told I had to pay. I objected to being asked to pay for one measly glass when I had spent money in the hotel. I was part of a very large group which frequently use this hotel. I objected to being chased for a few yuan for a measly glass.
It is simply not good enough.
Don't touch the peanuts in the bar, they are stale.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo