1,149 results
All reviews forbidden city wangfujing street dongsi subway station minute walk swimming cap within walking distance nice hotel the main shopping area non smoking large room bit dated airport shuttle tour desk hotel is located breakfast buffet major attractions language barrier
Reviewed June 26, 2018

The hotel is okay but I would say for the standard it is too expensive. I guess they can keep the high price because they are so close by Dongsi Subway Station, which is neat. However the staff does not really understand English and they are not very service minded (they seem a bit like they just want their jobs to be over with). I asked for a non-smoking quiet room, and the reply was that all their rooms are non-smoking, however when I reached my floor and room it smelled like cigarette smoke.
I ordered roomservice, and after an hour when nothing had happened I went down to the reception to ask (because suddenly my phone was not working) and they told me it will be another half an hour but they did not say sorry. When the food arrived it was not very impressive.
In the morning I ordered an omelet by roomservice (because I had the morning buffet the day before and that was not impressive either) and they asked me if I wanted it with egg.... To their defense, when the omelet arrived (and tasted of egg :)) it was quite okay.
All in all, the hotel is okay but I would recommend looking other places for the same price.
Good luck.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet and non-smoking room
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank lize2512
Reviewed June 24, 2018

We stayed for 5 nights and the location was great. The hotel is an older style with some drawbacks. The carpets are nasty in the hallways - could use a good steam cleaning. Hallways have minimal lighting. Rooms are good size, and bathroom was very roomy. Bathroom had a separate bathtub and shower stall. Ample towels. Carpets/bedskirt were stained...and smelled of smoke. When I asked them to clean the room better, they left the windows open on an extremely hot day. Air conditioning worked great! No seating in reception area unless you bought a drink...annoying. Wifi ok...but as per usual..google and Facebook blocked. Staff was pleasant and upgraded one of our rooms (we had 2 rooms). Great location near food and convenience stores. Breakfast was outrageous - 90 yuan per person so we skipped it. We were so busy sightseeing we never had time for the pool. Walking to Forbidden City is a bit far on a hot day. This hotel needs to update and clean their carpets (steam cleaning would go a long way to improving appearance).

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary5158
Reviewed June 18, 2018

I stayed at this hotel several times in the past and stayed again last month.
Part of the staff was rude and certainly the manager. They attempted to charge a guarantee on my card and I refused to accept it. In fact, they even if the payment is made they ask for a guarantee, which is not mentioned at the voucher. After a short quarrel, they agreed not to have the guarantee. The furniture is old and in bad condition, it is probably the only 5-star hotel with plastic curtain in the bathroom.
Yet the consierge was helpful and the rooms are big but the carpet was dirty

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank mareli c
Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel because of the reviews and we had a good experience with it. The hotel loby looks very nice and it gives you the feelimg of being at a fancy hotel. The breakfast is good for ehat it coats (89 Yuan). It has a variety of Chinese and Western dishes and you cam order omelettes and fresh waffles.
Our room was very clean, the bed was King size and very comfortable. The bathroom was pretty clean. It is an older hotel but you don't get the feeling. The gym is very nice and it even has a personal trainer. The pool is also nice.
Overall, i think it is a good value for the money you pay. I would recommend it if your budget is moderate like ours. The staff does not speak a lot of English wich is not uncommon in China..
Location is good, although you cam't really walk to the attractions. Or at least we did not try walking.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank valeria e
Reviewed June 13, 2018

Overall the hotel is in a very good location and within walking distance from many historical attractions.
The rooms were fairly large and well appointed.
Generally everything was clean except the carpet could have a little more attention, but overall acceptable.
Checking out we overheard other guests complain about some expensive charges for tea bags, and bottled drinks from the room fridge.
The hotel blocks several thousand yuan more than your reservation rate and then does a final billing upon checkout. The front desk called housekeeping and has them inventory the room to determine if any chargeable items were consumed before the final bill is prepared. Anyone in a hurry to check out may want to consider this to allow more time in the schedule.
We received a final bill reflecting the exact room rate on the reservation but the final credit card charge was about $50 US dollars more (315 Yuan).
The reservation was made through Booking.com so I checked with them and found out the hotel just plain overcharged us. I was assured that the hotel would credit our card within 10 days.
We didn't use any of the facilities in the hotel other than get our boarding passes printed. The service was charged as 10 Yuan per page, which I paid directly in cash.
Food and room service prices seemed fairly high but in line with other hotels in the area.
We tried to eat local foods except for breakfast and morning coffee which we found at a nearby McDonald's.
We arranged to go to the Great Wall for an afternoon through the "Tours Desk" in the lobby.
We were quoted 800 Yuan for a private car and driver for up to 8 hours. This was for transportation only and no entrance fees or guide services.
We easily negotiated this amount to 700 Yuan.
The car was a new VW. The service was as represented without any additional charges.
We took the subway to several locations. We would recommend using it along with the express train to and from the airport.
The hardest part is buying the tickets through the vending machines.

Room Tip: Interior facing rooms (a view only of the roof) probably are the most quiet,
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family