See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Hotel is next to my office which is super convenient. Apparently it just got refurbished last month so although the lobby only looks like a 4 start hotel, the room is 4.5 stars at least. Room is slightly small but cosy. Bathroom concept is modern with glass looking out. Room has a window that opens and although my room can see the expressway, I can't hear the traffic with the window closed. Breakfast is fairly chinese style but enough for me. Do bear in mind that the room rate has increased after the renovation. Area around hotel has lots of eateries so quite convenient. Staff struggled with English and I spare them by indicating I understand Chinese. Staff were pretty curt when I did the checkout, she asked if I wanted the "fa piao" - official receipt in China and I said no but all she pass me after was my credit card statement and I told her I need the itemized invoice/receipt or else I can't claim from my company and she snapped and say "didn't you say you didn't want the fa piao?". Hello...even if I changed my mind, I am the guest!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The hotel is built into a drab office building in a drab area of Beijing. The price is reasonable, but really not worth it.
Quality of breakfast was poor, the room very dated (1950's style furnishings, and most of them damaged).

Pool was closed when i was there, with a heavy metal chain wrapped round the door.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank chrisneville04
Reviewed April 19, 2012

very close to the guomao station. if you enjoy walking then you wouldnt mind walking, food are across the road. be careful when crossing, as drivers dont care if your stop or go.

Rooms are clean but have evidence of burn mark from cigarettes. hotel is in central business district. walking around to business offices is convenient. daily breakfast changes everyday. so staying in this hotel is not a problem,

Staffs have poor communication skills, they needed to be trained more. language barrier is also another issue in this hotel.

Room Tip: get a corner room.. bigger space
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed May 17, 2010

Close proximity to the office I was visiting. That's about the only good thing about this hotel. I had a 1.5 bed with foam mattress on the one and a little half mattress on the side. The mattress had a height difference, I probably would have had a scary dream falling off the cliff with that mattress.

All the amenities are really dated, 1960-70 era. I had a very large suite with two bathooms, a new flat screen TV, but a non-working air conditioning room. I hate these "command center" controls that turn everything on and off next to the bed. It's old pressure-sensitive buttons that are no longer pressure-sensitive. So it sometimes works and sometimes not.

You can do better. There are plenty of hotels in Beijing.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed August 9, 2009

This is a pretty poor hotel. The rooms are OK and clean but they really could do with an update. my room had a strange musty smell. The safe was not working and I couldn't make myself understood in order to get it fixed. It is not in a great location for tourists but might be quite good for business. All in all with all the new hotels opening there must be better places to stay in Beijing.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple