Grand Hyatt Beijing
US$116
US$94
Agoda.com
3,044 results
All reviewschina restaurantgrand cafeforbidden citynoble courtoriental plazabedroom suiteamazing poolpeking duckshopping mallclub levelwalking distanceswimming pool ishigh end mallexcellent locationcentral locationbusiness tripfitness center
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We stayed a week at this hotel in late January and found this hotel to just what the name implies "GRAND". We were treated better at this hotel than I have ever been treated before. This is what the Hyatt name is all about. We stayed on the Club level and were very happy with the customer service and the food offering. Most employment spoke English and went out of their way to be helpful. One major thing that we enjoyed was the money exchange at the front desk the transfer rate was good and much better than using an ATM. This hotel is also in a perfect location to all local site seeing.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tr0tter_0f_the_Gl0be
PWrightHyatt, Manager at Grand Hyatt Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Dear Reviewer

Thank you so such for sharing your stay experience at Grand Hyatt Beijing on Trip Advisor. I was thrilled to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us, and thank you for recommending us so highly.

We hope we can weclome you back in the not too distant future!

Reviewed April 30, 2012

We just returned from a 5 night stay at the Grand Hyatt, Beijing.

The Hotel

The hotel foyer is quite grand. The hotel rooms were a little bit dated, but were very clean and efficiently maintained. We had a club room, but as we were on level 10 (the club is on level 17), I'm not sure whether we had a standard room with club access, or whether the club room is any different to a standard king room. The rooms were very quiet, and we did not hear anythign frmo any other rooms, even though the hotel was full.

Club check-in is on level 17, and was very quick, helpful and efficient.

The food in the lounge was very good, and the evening canapes were as good (range and taste) as I have had at a Hyatt club lounge (or competitior lounge), and there was a good mix of western and asian options. Some good vegetarian options as well, but not as much of those. The breakfast in the lounge was good, and also included eggs/omlettes.

The pool is incredible - one of the nicest hotel pools I have ever seen/used, and that includes out door pools as well (this one is an indoor resort/lagoon pool). The gym was also really good, with a large range of cardio equipment, free weights and yoga and spinning classes (the last 2 cost extra).

The highlight of the hotel was the service and staff in the grand club. They were extremely friendly, and always happy to have a chat or see if they could help with anything.

Location

The hotel's location is fantastic if you are in Beijing as a tourist. It was my first trip to Beijing, and now having seen the location of the park hyatt, I am very happy I decided to stay at the Grand Hyatt. The PH looks lovely, but the location is not nearly as good for tourists. At the GH, we were walking distance to Tian'an'men Square and the Forbidden City (15 minutes), and easy train rides to most other places.

The hotel is on top of the Oriental Plaza Mall, which allows all weather access to the subway. The mall is mainly high priced brand labels, but there is also a food court and range of restaurants on the lower level.

We stayed on points, so I cannot comment on price/value, but having seen the prices, I think the club room is worth the money, although for no club access, the standard room price may be a bit overpriced given the age of the rooms.

I will definitely stay next time I'm in Beijing for a holiday, but might consider the PH if there for work.

cheers

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dtm1

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and extensive review of our hotel on Trip Advisor, which on the whole was very complimentary and goes a long way in promoting us, for which we are truly grateful.

In regards to your room assignement, please note that a number of rooms on each floor are actually catergorised as 'Grand Club", given the particualr room catergory and location. So without knowing exactly which room you booked and were staying in, I can only assume it was the correct assignment.

Thank you for all the compliments regarding the Grand Club food and service, indeed it is a special feature of the hotel whereby we aspire to focus on personalised service and attention to every detail.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Beijing.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

We stayed in a club floor room for 4 nights. We had an advance purchase rate which was very good value at just over £200 per night.

The room was a good size and well appointed, the bathroom was a little small but had a separate shower. The bathroom products are very nice and plentiful.

The club package included wifi in the lounge and room (excellent!) and breakfast either in the club lounge or in the Chinese restaurant - Made in China - and both were very good. The lounge has lots of seating. During the day there is a nespresso coffee machine, cakes and soft drinks. The evening nibbles and alcohol are on offer from 5-8. The nibbles are substantial and there is a good choice of wine. All the staff in the lounge are very helpful.

The gym is very good and located next to the pool which has to be seen to be believed!

The hotel is well located between two underground stops, above a mall, and very close to a number of tourist sites. Getting to and from the airport is easy too. Our return taxi to the airport was only 90 RMB and took 45 minutes.

We ate out most nights but did try Made in China one night. It was very tasty and good value.

If you need to do any longer trips and need a driver we would recommend Simon. We used him for a trip to the wall and he was excellent - simonxqz1973@hotmail.com.

I will definitely stay here again next time I go to Beijing

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TheHolidayQueen
PWrightHyatt, Manager at Grand Hyatt Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2012

Dear Reviewer

Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your stay experience with us on Trip Advisor. It was a very complimentary review and goes a long way in promoting out hotel for which we are sincerely grateful.

We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back!

Reviewed April 26, 2012

Stayed at Grand Hyatt Beijing recently. The check-in was ok, service was generally satisfactory.
I’ve stayed in 3-stars and 6-stars and I do temper my expectations to fit the star rating and value for money. For Grand Hyatt Beijing, I seriously wondered why I was paying US$400 for a tiny room with neither breakfast nor an internet connection. Room size was small and made me wonder if this even met the minimum Grand Hyatt specs. The TV looked like something I could fit on my desktop in the office (slight exaggeration, this TV was a Samsung 32inch LCD). In comparison, when I stay at another 4-star hotel chain in Beijing, the room sizes are way bigger (30-50% larger), rooms are clean (the room I was in at the Grand Hyatt Beijing had carpet stains and just looked unhealthy), TV is a seriously big screen TV (42inch screens compared to GH’s TVs). I’m not picky but for the price I’m paying, I was expecting things to be correspondingly high-end. This is a good hotel but certainly not worth the price. Location is central for biz especially downtown. I will certainly explore other downtown hotels and it’s unlikely I’ll return to Grand Hyatt Beijing at these rates.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with some very constructive feedback on our hotel through Trip Advisor. It is only through this type of feedback that we are able to critically assess our performance and understand the required areas of improvement. We are very grateful that you chose Grand Hyatt for your stay in Beijing.

Your comments on our pricing is duly noted and I am pleased to advise that the hotel is currently in the planning phase of a modernisation and refinement program to it's guest rooms.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Beijing in the near future and please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

The Grand Hyatt Beijing was unmatched for location above Oriental Plaza, adjacent to Wanfujing Street and the Wanfujing subway stop. We really didn't feel the distances of Beijing like we expected because the hotel was so conveninently located and we could get anywhere easily from there. Going to get a bite to eat wasn't an effort for our jet-lagged family. At other hotels in China we had to book 2 rooms but this property had family suites -- really a plus for us.
Superb breakfast, included with the "family plan," held us for most of the day. At breakfast, at least, there were plenty of other families so in no way did we feel out of place at this "business" hotel. The kids loved the 2BR suite and the pool, a nice wind-down for the end of each day. Concierge staff was knowledgeable and helpful at all times. Very convenient to exchange money for no upcharge in the lobby. I would say we did get "pampered" to some extent (gifts for the kids, special snacks) but that could have been because we purchased the family plan. It wasn't "personal," however, which is sort of what we prefer. So Grand Hyatt Beijing was a great fit for us. We will highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank travelfamily57

Dear Reviewer

I was thrilled to read that you and your family had such an enjoyable stay with us, and thank you for highlighting our location! As you outlined the family suites are a fantastic feature of the hotel also.

Your comments on the service not being "personal" is duly noted and rest assured I will share it with the management team for their corrective action. At Hyatt we strive to provide "authentic hospitality" and personalized service is at the core of this. Thank you for your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Grand Hyatt Beijing.