This is a solid bet for a place to stay in Beijing. The rooms are large and very well designed with amazing bathrooms and a stylish layout. I stayed on the executive floor...very well worth it considering its like $20 more a night and you get so much more space and a nice lounge area which has pretty good food. The staff are very nice, will do pretty much anything you need to get done...I particularly liked the trip out to Mutianyu Great Wall they booked for me and my friend...and their English is impeccable, but since I know some Mandarin, they were happy to help me communicate in Chinese also :) Oh and they saved me a huge amount of money on my laundry by taking me directly to the washer instead of going through the hotel's laundry service...very happy with that. And there is a very good restaurant with great breakfasts.
Now for those of you who have not been to Beijing before...it is an exhaustingly huge metropolis...bigger than pretty much anything in the USA or Europe or for that matter the rest of Asia. Distances are long, roads are wide and with the summer sun beating down on you, the city can really seem a daunting proposition for exploration. The location of the Holiday Inn however does not necessarily help this situation. It is not too well located, the subway is a good 15min or more walk...there are taxis, but they are getting expensive and thus not a good option for constant use...oh and dont get me started on the traffic! There are busses, but unless you read Chinese well, you might be totally confused. There are also these funny little back-seat covered mopeds, but they are not always around and its a very bumpy ride. Near the hotel are some nice sights like the Niujie Mosque and Fayuan Temple...but for those of you looking to explore the city and have this hotel as a base, it might be difficult, especially if you are there in the heat of summer or the bitter cold of winter...Beijing's winters are really really cold!
So in summary, go here for very good accommodations, great service and good food at a very reasonable price, but be aware...you will be having to navigate your way daily around the city from a location that might be central considering the several hundred kilometer expanse of the Beijing metro region, but not so central when you just look at the areas the average visitor will want to explore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Beijing, an Award-Winning hotel, is conveniently located in Guanganmen commercial and civic area, adjacent to the new Municipal Government Office Building and is within a stone's throw from Beijing's Financial Street. The hotel is close to tourist and shopping attractions such as Wangfujing, Oriental Plaza and the Forbidden City. It is 10 minutes drive from the West and South Train Station and 45 minutes from the Capital Airport.The hotel has 322 contemporary guest rooms, including suites and two floors of Executive Club rooms, all equipped with wired and wireless broadband internet, speaker telephone and multi-language voice mail. With a 640 square meter, pillar-free ballroom and 8 other function rooms ranging from 35 to 176 square meters, the hotel is an ideal venue for business meetings and social functions alike. All the meeting rooms are equipped with state-of-the-art audio-visual facilities, built-in work station, wireless broadband connection and video conference facilities. The hotel's professional meeting team will ensure every event a success.The hotel also provides other facilities like business center ticketing and tour desk, kiosk, car rental, concierge taxi and limousine service, baby sitting service, karaoke as well as a Mini Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Central Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Hotel Beijing
- Holiday Inn Beijing
- Beijing Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Beijing