“The best concierge for tourists possible!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Central Plaza

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Central Plaza
Ranked #84 of 6,435 Hotels in Beijing
Mumbai
“The best concierge for tourists possible!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

The best concierge service for tourists I have ever come across. We (my wife and I) visited Beijing for 2days/3 nights. We picked this hotel based on trip advisor reviews we read about the great guy at concierge called storm. A couple of days before arriving the hotel we contacted him and told him our schedule for Beijing and that we would like to explore the historical sites in Beijing and the great wall. Our flight got delayed by an hour and by the time we arrived at the hotel it was 5:30 (which was after his duty time). However he waited to welcome us. Which I thought was very nice. He then gave us these small cards which he had prepared with all the tourist spots and nightlife of Beijing. Those were most handy it carried a small brief on all the places including taxi fare and chinese names to show to taxi drivers. He set us a wonderful itinerary for the next couple of days, including a personal trip to a rather unknown section of the great wall away from all the tourist rush. His service was impeccable. He really made our trip.

Other than the concierge the rooms were good, neat clean, what you would normally expect from holiday inn. The rooms didn't have free internet, so would have to sit in the lobby or the coffee shop to use it. The breakfast was satisfactory, they had reasonable choice of local and western foods. We had pizza and pasta for dinner in the coffee shop one night and the food was quite bad.

The hotel location is not ideal. It is about 20 minutes / 25-40 RMB away from anything of social interest such as tourist spots, restaurants. shopping etc. Cabs in Beijing are quite notorious when it comes to overcharging, so beware especially on cold nights.

All in all I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting this hotel for the first time, or for tourists. For others I would suggest getting something at a better location.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Central Plaza a couple of weeks ago. The hotel was very comfortable with lovely food, especially the Zen restaurant, great breakfasts and very comfortable rooms. I was a lady travelling alone, unable to speak any Chinese, and had arranged the first few days sight seeing before I left Scotland. I need not have done so as Storm the concierge was absolutely fantastic. Storm looked after me, arranging wonderful trips to places where there were no tourists. He arranged the best trip of my holiday to a quiet part of the wall, then hospitality from lovely local people and local food. In the evenings he arranged for me to see Beijing opera, eat wonderful food and really experience Beijing.. His superb knowledge of the local area is invaluable. Before travelling to China I had had several anxieties, Storm solved them all for me, language, finding a vegetarian restaurant, trying to get me a battery charger, and even making my departure at the train station easy. He made everything run so smoothly and he made everything I wanted to do and see possible for me. He makes this hotel very special. I would certainly visit it again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Marion S
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

This is nice hotel to stay in Beijing, though a little far from downtown. We stayed on the executive floor and the room was good sized. The bathroom was spacious as well and there is a glass wall connecting it yo the bedroom. This could be inconvenient as light in the bathroom may disturb some one trying to sleep at night. However, there are blinds in the bathroom to block that light. The executive floor guests can enjoy free drinks and snacks in the afternoon and evening as they have access to an exclusive business lounge that also offers some reading material. The buffet breakfast offers a huge variety of food. There is an ATM /cash machine in the main lobby that was very helpful. We didn't have any issues during our five day stay in this hotel. It was a comforatble stay and the friendly staff looked after us well.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Faryal A
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

This is a solid bet for a place to stay in Beijing. The rooms are large and very well designed with amazing bathrooms and a stylish layout. I stayed on the executive floor...very well worth it considering its like $20 more a night and you get so much more space and a nice lounge area which has pretty good food. The staff are very nice, will do pretty much anything you need to get done...I particularly liked the trip out to Mutianyu Great Wall they booked for me and my friend...and their English is impeccable, but since I know some Mandarin, they were happy to help me communicate in Chinese also :) Oh and they saved me a huge amount of money on my laundry by taking me directly to the washer instead of going through the hotel's laundry service...very happy with that. And there is a very good restaurant with great breakfasts.

Now for those of you who have not been to Beijing before...it is an exhaustingly huge metropolis...bigger than pretty much anything in the USA or Europe or for that matter the rest of Asia. Distances are long, roads are wide and with the summer sun beating down on you, the city can really seem a daunting proposition for exploration. The location of the Holiday Inn however does not necessarily help this situation. It is not too well located, the subway is a good 15min or more walk...there are taxis, but they are getting expensive and thus not a good option for constant use...oh and dont get me started on the traffic! There are busses, but unless you read Chinese well, you might be totally confused. There are also these funny little back-seat covered mopeds, but they are not always around and its a very bumpy ride. Near the hotel are some nice sights like the Niujie Mosque and Fayuan Temple...but for those of you looking to explore the city and have this hotel as a base, it might be difficult, especially if you are there in the heat of summer or the bitter cold of winter...Beijing's winters are really really cold!

So in summary, go here for very good accommodations, great service and good food at a very reasonable price, but be aware...you will be having to navigate your way daily around the city from a location that might be central considering the several hundred kilometer expanse of the Beijing metro region, but not so central when you just look at the areas the average visitor will want to explore.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank euroschmau
atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

Good breakfast nice rooms had some issues with checkout and GM

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
caloundra
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

We have just returned from a 17 night stay at the holiday inn central plaza - the hotel was lovely with a very nice room. The breakfast was good each day with a good selection of food - the room was cleaned while we were at breakfast which was nice as we returned to a clean room to get ready for the day ahead. The only tiny thing that annoyed me was a lady in the coffee shop in the lobby told us we had to buy something if we wanted to sit there- given that we were staying over 2 weeks and spent a far bit each day in the coffee area I thought it a bit rude to say we couldn't sit there for 5 minutes while waiting for each other to come down from the room. Maybe some nice chairs in the lobby would be worthwhile? Storm the concierge was fantastic - he helped us arrange our days and was invaluable with his English skills. We would have been lost without him and I hope the hotel realizes what a credit he is to their establishment. Not to mention a very nice person!
Location wise not great as we had to catch a very crowded bus each day to the subway which took up to 40 mins some days and that wasn't in rush hour. Taxis are hard to get but the hotel was very good at getting them for us. Overall a great stay and I would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank chillibin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

Concierge - Mr Storm Li set up a really nice trip for us to the Moshikou section of the Great Wall -- we basically had the whole wall to ourselves!! This I think was the best part of our China experience. The package included a private van with driver, time at the Wall and the waterfall Buddha, a delicious four plate lunch at a local and gracious resident's home, and a traditional massage treatment at another local village for about 800 yuan for 3 people. Storm also put together a sort of custom pkg for us to have a private taxi all day to see just sites we had on our list. If you want to see a lot of sites on a limited time budget, consider this option. Our party of three went shopping at two sites, saw two museums, Beihei Park, Olympic Village, and the Giant Panda in one day AND we liked the driver enough to have him take us to the airport on our last day. Storm does a thorough job setting up these things.

Location - Save your taxi drivers grief by showing them your room key sleeve, which has a phone number and a description of how to find the hotel in Chinese. They don't automatically know how to find this hotel otherwise.

ROOMS
Beds and bedding were very clean and comfortable
Towels were soft and bigger than average
Room keys, of all things, gave us repeated problems. This was VERY annoying and they need to fix it!!
Service was good to very good - The desk staff was polite and helpful. Door man got us a taxi fast. Restaurant staff was friendly and our maids even folded the dirty laundry I threw in the corner. And of course the concierge was very helpful and thorough.

Restaurant
Free breakfast is great. Friendly staff. Variety of western and local fare, athough food in serving trays should be hotter. Not cheap for other meals.

Other facilities
Didn't really use lounge or pool or weight room. Wished there was a hot tub on site after long days of touring. Hotel description says 'Spa'
but they do not mean hot tub.

• Stayed December 2011