The best concierge service for tourists I have ever come across. We (my wife and I) visited Beijing for 2days/3 nights. We picked this hotel based on trip advisor reviews we read about the great guy at concierge called storm. A couple of days before arriving the hotel we contacted him and told him our schedule for Beijing and that we would like to explore the historical sites in Beijing and the great wall. Our flight got delayed by an hour and by the time we arrived at the hotel it was 5:30 (which was after his duty time). However he waited to welcome us. Which I thought was very nice. He then gave us these small cards which he had prepared with all the tourist spots and nightlife of Beijing. Those were most handy it carried a small brief on all the places including taxi fare and chinese names to show to taxi drivers. He set us a wonderful itinerary for the next couple of days, including a personal trip to a rather unknown section of the great wall away from all the tourist rush. His service was impeccable. He really made our trip.
Other than the concierge the rooms were good, neat clean, what you would normally expect from holiday inn. The rooms didn't have free internet, so would have to sit in the lobby or the coffee shop to use it. The breakfast was satisfactory, they had reasonable choice of local and western foods. We had pizza and pasta for dinner in the coffee shop one night and the food was quite bad.
The hotel location is not ideal. It is about 20 minutes / 25-40 RMB away from anything of social interest such as tourist spots, restaurants. shopping etc. Cabs in Beijing are quite notorious when it comes to overcharging, so beware especially on cold nights.
All in all I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting this hotel for the first time, or for tourists. For others I would suggest getting something at a better location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Beijing, an Award-Winning hotel, is conveniently located in Guanganmen commercial and civic area, adjacent to the new Municipal Government Office Building and is within a stone's throw from Beijing's Financial Street. The hotel is close to tourist and shopping attractions such as Wangfujing, Oriental Plaza and the Forbidden City. It is 10 minutes drive from the West and South Train Station and 45 minutes from the Capital Airport.The hotel has 322 contemporary guest rooms, including suites and two floors of Executive Club rooms, all equipped with wired and wireless broadband internet, speaker telephone and multi-language voice mail. With a 640 square meter, pillar-free ballroom and 8 other function rooms ranging from 35 to 176 square meters, the hotel is an ideal venue for business meetings and social functions alike. All the meeting rooms are equipped with state-of-the-art audio-visual facilities, built-in work station, wireless broadband connection and video conference facilities. The hotel's professional meeting team will ensure every event a success.The hotel also provides other facilities like business center ticketing and tour desk, kiosk, car rental, concierge taxi and limousine service, baby sitting service, karaoke as well as a Mini Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline and Ctrip TA so you can book your Holiday Inn Central Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Hotel Beijing
- Holiday Inn Beijing
- Beijing Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Beijing