“5 Star Hotel next to construction site” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sofitel Wanda Beijing

Ranked #37 of 6,165 Hotels in Beijing
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“5 Star Hotel next to construction site”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

I have stayed for three nights in this hotel for RICS conference and tour. This is my first visit with my family in Beijing. One of the best hotel I have stayed recently. The staff are friendly and the house keeping is good. The facilities are good and enjoyed the lap swimming in the heated swimming pool.
It was unfortunate that during my stay, the construction noise of the piling works of neighbourig site work round the clock. The sleeping quality was poor.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ben K
Daniel F, Manager at Sofitel Wanda Beijing, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Sofitel Wanda Beijing. I am sorry for the construction noise during your stay; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Actually, we have reported to the local authority as we also keep monitoring.

At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. However, it is glad to see that you did enjoy the rest.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Director Of Quality

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

I write this while I am staying at Sofitel Wanda Beijing.

Before my stay, I send email to the hotel 1 week before my check-in date for inform my special request.

I request for room upgrade, late check-out, late check-in and king bed.

They reply me that they will told the reception for my request.

On the check-in day, I arrived the hotel at 1.00am.

The reception told me that the king bed room is not available and the room upgrade is not available, too. I can not find the service mind from her. I told her that I still want king bed room.

After that she check-in the twin bed room for me.

When I arrive the room, I found that my room is twin bed room.

I fell dissatisfied, so I call the duty manager for my problem.

Then she change my room to the king bed room.

For this staying, I do not get any welcome drink, welcome fruit, newspaper or others benefit from AlClub Platinum Elite Member.

It’s just luxury hotel but not five star hospitality.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Daniel F, Manager at Sofitel Wanda Beijing, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your valuable comments regarding your last stay at the Sofitel Wanda Beijing. I am sorry that as an A Club Platinium card holder, we did not offer the expected service to you; please accept my sincere apologies.

In order to well follow up with you for more detail, please contact myself via doq@sofitelwandabj.com at your convenience, I will be delighted to be at your service.

Thank you again for sharing with us for your experience and it is our best wishes to strive for excellence according to different customer's expectations.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Director of Quality
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

1. Very Difficult to get taxi, especially during peak hours.
2. Toilet at Lobby not clean.
3. Reception & Bell boy provide Good Service.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Daniel F, Manager at Sofitel Wanda Beijing, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for comments during your staying in Sofitel Wanda Beijing. In regards of your feedback in certain areas, please see replies as below:
1. All the hotels are facing the same challenges in Beijing during peak hours for taxi service. However, our hotel has hired extra manpower for taxi calling only, promotion rate for hotel limousine to release the pressure.
2. Hotel has detailed schedule to maintain the cleanliness in lobby toilet.
3. Regular training conducts to ensure the efficient service of reception.

We appreciate you share your concerns and it is our hope that your next visit will be better than the previous one.

Best Regards,

Oulu, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

Sofitel Wanda is an excellent hotel, but a bit out of the center area.

The staff is really nice: especially I would like to mention the concierge desk and the bell boys outside the door, who were very helpful and friendly. Especially I would like to mention one young gentleman at the door, who was discussing for a while with me on my home country: the nightless night, snow etc. If anyone from Sofitel is reading this, please recognize that these people are your best ambassadors.

Otherwise, the room was ok: spotlessly clean, but a bit small compared to some other hotels in China. Breakfast was at the same level to other hotels of this class, i.e. more than adequate for me.

It seems to me that it is somewhat difficult to get taxis for shorter rides during the peak hours but it is not the hotel’s fault. Anyway, there’s an underground station close to the hotel, but I do not recommend it during the peak hours.

Dear Valued Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel Wanda Beijing. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I have shared your comments with our concierge team, unfortunately, we can not find out who actually talked with you on that night. However, I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Regarding the taxi service during the peak hours, it is a headache for all luxury hotels while we can't contract any of taxi company for guarantee services. However, we are making the full effort to release the pressure during rush hours.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

It is the closest to our office but really the hotel is very nice and the staff are friendly. Rooms are clean and breakfast is overall good.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Daniel F, Manager at Sofitel Wanda Beijing, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel Wanda Beijing. It is always our pleasure to receive positive comments.

S'pore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Company booked this new hotel for us & had heard much rave about this hotel even before I reach Beijing. There is even a Walmart near the hotel if you need any necessaries.

The hotel lobby is very grand & there is always this pleasant scent lingering around. I checked into my room & was pleasantly welcomed by the spacious room & toilet space. If you love soaking in the bathtub,there is only this glass separating the bedroom & toilet where you could watch the TV(in the bedroom) or the view outside the window.

Went to the in-door pool for a swim & it is heated up as it is still cold in Beijing currently. The size of the pool is reasonably big & you could also enjoy the city view at the pool area. They even have sauna & steam rooms for guests to use.

Room Svc. Had the shredded pork noodle soup w hot pickled tuber mustard for my main & stir-fried chicken wings w hot chili as my side. Have enjoyed both dishes tremendously. Kudos to the chef!

Overall, the experience has been pleasant & I look forward to staying here again!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Daniel F, Manager at Sofitel Wanda Beijing, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Bonjour from the Sofitel Wanda Beijing.