“staying again here”

Wanda Vista Beijing
Ranked #50 of 6,606 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 5 November 2017

Excellent hotel - good location - staff would need to make more effort to speak English.
Best beds and good Wi-Fi connectivity. I have now stayed several times in this hotel and it is a beautiful hotel, with a good lounge (breakfast is recommended there)

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Write a ReviewReviews (1,595)

Reviewed 5 November 2017

I have read review but didn't take it seriously hence booked 2 rooms for 4 nights checking in 02 Nov and checking out 06 Nov. As a Platinum member of Accor Group, I expected to be treated well. Upon arrival I informed the lady at the front desk that I am Platinum member of the Accor Group. She escorted me to the lift and requested me to check in at the 26/F lounge. At the lounge Lorna checked me into #1216. After completion of my registration and getting my key to the room, I asked her what type of room am I getting. She responded that this room is meant for member. I took it that as usual this room was well prepared for my stay. When I went to my room, I saw no welcome note, no fruits basket or chocolate which I usually received whenever I stay at PULLMAN and SOFITEL. Naturally there wasn’t any welcome drink voucher given. Obviously this is not an upgrade room but probably just a superior room or perhaps a room that I booked. Nevertheless I settled into the room without planning to make any complain. When I started to work, I notice that the Internet keeps dropping. I struggle with the Internet for 2 nights but on the 3rd night I decided to ask for Duty Manager to come assist me. In short he tried but he told me that the IT is off and won’t be back till Monday hence he is unable to plant a router in my room. He follow up later with a call informing me that perhaps the next day the occupancy rate isn’t that high I may have less difficulties to excess Internet. On my last night I still experience the same difficulties in getting Internet and couldn’t work. I decided to complain in person at the lounge and at the same time make payment so that I don’t have to rush the next morning during my departure. When I inquired Alisa what type of room am I staying, she responded that it is a King size bed with “free upgrade to use the lounge”. I am astonished as I believe either she do not know her product or she is insulting me with that statement. Accor Platinum do have excess to lounge and there is no need for the hotel to “free upgrade”. The positive of the stay is eventually Alisa manage to get someone to plant a router in my room and I am now able to work at ease. I can understand that it is impossible to track each client that check into the hotel but I strongly believe some values be added to loyalty customer who spent many nights in the establishment. Further note is that I came to understand probably next month or early next year this property no longer operated by Accor. Perhaps this may be the reason for such slip short service. Generally the hotel is ideally located within the CBD and there are several shopping mall within walking distance. The lounge though need refurbishment still provide comfort for travelers like myself to relax. The evening canapé is well manage and there are 2 types of red wine to choose. Breakfast on the 6th Floor has a wide spread of food including India which I highly recommend. I find the service from all staffs be it F&B, Front Desk, Concierge or even at the lounge is pretty good and I do appreciate it. Rooms need upgrade but seriously there is a need to look at ventilation. My room window cannot be open but the "air condition" disperse air and make the room very stuffy. I understand it maybe the case in China during winter but for me it is a stress to sleep at night.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank PASSPORT0929
Reviewed 2 November 2017

The room was nice with the right amenities. Decor was a little out of date for a Sofitel but functional with a nice view as per the room type. Club lounge was nice with friendly service. Breakfast was expansive and quality was good.

The real negative with the stay was the service. Throughout, we struggled with reception, concierge and restaurant staff who did not have a good basic grasp of English. We don't expect all people in a foreign country to know our language certainly, but an Accor Sofitel is a different story. At both check-in and check-out we encountered reception staff who did not understand the booking. It clearly stated breakfast and a late check-out at 5pm had been paid for. It took 15 mins to get this sorted at check-in and again at 15 mins at check-out. Much of the delay was just the staff understanding what we were saying. On the day of check-out, reception rang the room to enquire why we had not checked out at the regular time and had difficulty understanding me when I said we had already pre-paid for a late check-out. On actual check-out they tried to charge another late check-out fee and could not understand the overall booking was (non-refund) prepaid. At each instance, we had difficulty communicating with the staff. For instance, the staff member at reception on checkout asked 3 times if we were checking in or out even after I had handed her our room keys.

Also, prior to our stay we had a local mandarin-speaking friend drop off some tickets to an event and they had enormous difficulty getting someone to accept them. They simply did not want to help. During our stay, we had a set of train tickets couriered to the hotel and the concierge lost them for a short time. It took a visit and a call before they were found.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jaxomsyd79
Reviewed 31 October 2017

As a platinum accor member, the Sofitel offered excellent value for our recent trip to Beijing. Platinum members get room upgrades and access to the executive club for free. Very well located hotel, with excellent food and fitness facilities. Room decor is starting to show its age. Heard that hotel will cease to be managed by Sofitel-Accor by December. I hope Accor has a new hotel lined up for the Sofitel brand in the capital.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2017

It was a good effort from all Hotel employees for me to have a pleasurable stay. Good Hotel with a location that isnt the best in town, but still ok. For sure there is more room for improvement, which is a good thing. Its clean and has a nice decor and spacious.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2017

We stayed in this hotel every time when we visited Beijing (5 times). Beds are so good and flowers in the hotel - fantastic ( pictures attached)!
But in this trip I was really disappointed of the quality because of these points:
1. We have ordered Prestige suite ( the largest room of the hotel) but the room which was given to us was soooo old and damaged! And it is needed renovation for sure. Pictures attached.
2. When we were checking in the reception girl make a mistake and took more money from our card which was really needed ( as part of the sum we payed by our hotel points - we have loyalty membership card - but she didn't saw it and took the whole amount , than saw her mistake and canceled spontaneously all the amount from the card. She told us that the amount will return on the card and she need to take the whole amount (without points) once again! But the bank didn't receive from the hotel this cancelation and booked this amount on the card! As we have stayed for two weeks the sum for our stay was pretty big for Prestige suite. And we didn't wanted to pay twice for the hotel during our stay! And the communication with the hotel about this issue was very complicated as we were solving this problem during a week and a half!!! It was exhausting! as I was explaining this problem more than 7 times when finally they have solved it!
So next time I think we need to try new hotel in Beijing for our stay. As if you are a 5 star hotel you need to maintain the hotel and to keep it every time on top level and good quality.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank 952elena
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights. Upgraded from standard room to club room due to Platinum status. Nice large room, grand decor and well maintained. No one to help with baggage when we arrived at 8pm so not a great start. 5-10mins walk to shopping mall with lots of shopping & a few food choices. Breakfast was really good quality and quiet in the executive lounge. Checkin was not great due to staff not knowing what Platinum benefits were available and generally did not know make us feel welcome. Location is also not great if you are a first timer to Beijing since the majority of major attractions are a train journey away, nothing you can walk to easily. FYI, we saw a notice at check in that the hotel is will no longer be under Accor management and hence one reason why we will not be staying again. Beijing overall represents good value including having the taxi hailing app ‘DiDi’ which is Chinese equivalent to ‘Uber’, however please be aware of scam artists at the temporary train station Huangtudien when taking the S2 train to Badaling section of the Great Wall. You will get approached by people who claim that the train tickets have been sold out and that you will need to wait over an hour for the next one. They then suggest driving you there and back in their van for RMB100 and no need to pay until the return. They don’t tell you that they get as many riders as poss into the van which is dangerous (up to 15 passengers in a 7 seater van!) before they are willing to leave. Then when you get there, they aggressively ask you to pay the full amount or leave your passport/ID card with them. Obviously no one wants to leave their personal documents with these strangers and hence with the group of the driver’s people surrounding you, you pay up. They tell you to come back in 2/3 hours so they can take you back down. However, why would anyone trust them now? Unfortunately we were one of these silly tourists whom ignore signs by the train station which warn you of these scams and hence we are giving experience to others now so that they are aware of these practices going on! Btw, we did not return to take the van back since we did not trust they would take us back and hence took the train back costing only RMB6 one way.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple