1,979 results
All reviews wedding suite dongsi subway station traditional chinese style family room narrow alley chinese experience traditional hotel forbidden city taxi driver real china hutong area beijing experience dumplings small hotel loved this hotel spoke good english lama temple
Reviewed April 1, 2018

When booking this, I was hoping for an authentic Chinese experience and not just another cookie cutter hotel. This place was spot on! From the arrival down a narrow alley in the hutong, to the authentically warm welcome at the desk and the very unique, clean and comfortable room off of the charming courtyard. I couldnt have asked for more. The neighborhood was slightly gritty (I mean that in a good, independent traveler kind of way!) and very safe. Lots of local flavor and yet very accessible to public transport if you don’t mind a 10 minute walk. Cabs will also come down the alley despite what other reviewers have written. The staff couldn’t have been more pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was good with a wide choice of Asian and western fare. I would have been happy to have a few more days here ( we had 3 nights in the Wedding suite) and will most certainly return if I ever find myself back in Beijing.

Room tip: Spring for the wedding suite! Worth it for the space and cool bed
Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2018

We are from Thailand and visit this hotel from Mar 4 to Mar 7
we like the decoration in the room, warm and beautiful all staffs are very nice.
always given us good advise for anything.

this hotel reminds me how nice of Beijing!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2018

We stayed in a family room for 6 nights. The room (26 I think. It was upstairs and over the entrance to the hotel) was very large and comfortable, we had a private deck that overlooked the alley way. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. They made excellent recommendations for restaurants and local activities. Breakfast was great, lots of choices, from dimsum to western foods. I would stay here again and again.

Date of stay: February 2018
1  Thank Jennifer G
Reviewed February 19, 2018

This cozy lovely hotel has a fabulous peaceful location. It is right in the central of the city. You can reach many interesting sites from the hotel and it takes about 10 minutes to get to the nearest subway station. We had a great time as the place was so beautiful and quiet, and we three families all had a relaxed weekend. our rooms facing the courtyard and had a wonderful sunset view. The service of hotel staff is always excellent and would definitely stay again.

Room tip: The rooms in the backyard seem to be bigger in size.
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank oliver t
Reviewed February 9, 2018

We loved this small hotel hidden away in the hutongs of Beijing. The room was nicely furnished with excellent toilet and shower, with a wifi computer in the room. The buffet breakfast was a mix of Asian and western food that was delightful. We hated to leave after two days, but hope to return for more.

Room tip: Be sure to request a courtyard room.
Date of stay: September 2017