“It starts when you get off your flight” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of JW Marriott Hotel Beijing

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
JW Marriott Hotel Beijing
Ranked #15 of 6,437 Hotels in Beijing
Singapore, Singapore
“It starts when you get off your flight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

Was surprised when I got off my flight from Shanghai to Beijing (T3) to see a Marriott staff carrying a card with my name on it.

Ok, granted I did book a hotel transfer from the airport to the hotel but in all my experiences with other hotels, the JW Marriott in Beijing was the first where I had this service. After greeting me at the air-bridge, I was escorted to collected my luggage. After collecting my luggage, I was taken to the VIP area and was on my way to the hotel in all of 20 minutes. Impressed.

When I was in the car, the mobile phone that was in the car rang and it was one of their guest relations associate calling to confirm my room preference. A very nice touch indeed.

The hotel was really nice. Very conveniently located. Very near the office and more importantly, within walking distance to Shin Kong Place (http://www.shinkong-place.com/web-en/aboutus/aboutSKP.html), a real foodie paradise with tons of food options to choose from.

The room was standard Marriott. Not that I am complaining. Standard Marriott is really a compliment from my perspective.

Overall, a really nice hotel and it is good to know that I will be back there again next week. ;-)

2 Thank Colin L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights this month. Room and amenities were outstanding. Bathrooms large (as expected) and well appointed. Breakfast in the morning was also first rate!! My only complaint was with the service. My luggage was lost on the way to Beijing. I left explicit instructions with front desk AND bell services to deliver bag to my room as soon as the airline delivered it to the hotel. After returning to my room from a long day of touring, no bag. Angry, I called the airline. They told me the bag was delivered to the hotel earlier in the day. When I went down to bell services, there was my bag, resting against the wall in the lobby!!! This is why I couldn't give the hotel 5 stars...

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker, have them book you a NON-SMOKING room on a NON-SMOKING floor...
1 Thank thecajungent
Cairo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed for 2 nights over the week end, the hotel is very clear, rooms are comfortable, staff are friendly and helpful.
Room is clean, spacious & have all what you will need.

location is near metro station (3min walking)

Room Tip: nothing specific, as the hotel doesn't have a special view. it is in middle of buildings
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

Overall the room was good with free wireless which is something that I look out for whenever I travel. Room is well designed and with a good bathroom size. Something that I do not like about is the cleaner who cleans the room daily tend to slam other hotel's room door pretty hard. I don't wake up at 8am on working day so while sleeping, you can hear cleaners slamming other doors and this can be really annoying. It does make me consider twice whether should I stay here again or at Ritz (next door) for a better sleep if i want to wake up late.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

I've been traveling to China regularly for several years and this has been my hotel of choice for the past two years. It is very convenient to the metro and there is a very nice mall (with excellent restaurants) just across the street.

The hotel staff are very polite and knowledgeable and very service oriented. Rooms are large, comfortable and convenient for the western traveler. Full gym/spa ammenities are well maintained and inviting.

If you are a Marriott Platinum the conceirge lounge is fantastic for breakfast and substantial enough to allow youu to eat in on those nights you don't want to go back out.

Room Tip: If a Marriott Platinum or Gold, write the hotel before arrival with any special considerations.
Vantaa, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

Usually I don't want to review hotels that I stayed on the business trips because I didn't pay it myself so my expectation may be not at the same level as my personal trip, but I would like to recommend this hotel if you happen to be in Beijing (with corporate rate, it is cheaper than the hotels in the same area and overall services are much better).

Check-in & check-out are very quick. Hotel is new and in good location (nearby department store with lots of restaurants and close to public transportation), room is quite big and very clean, comfortable bed&pillows, additional T.V. in bathroom is quite nice and can turn to any direction so you can watch the news even though you're in shower, not in the bath. Internet connection works well. Room service didn't bother me when I left the "do not disturb" light on (unlike another one very big&expensive hotel where they didn't disturb me at the door but kept calling me if everything's o.k. :) Hotel staffs understand English well and very eager to help with direction when I asked and did not take the tip I offered.

Another 2 things I like a lot is
1) taxi queing : there're staffs controlling queing by giving guests number so that guests can stay indoor warmly and they will call when it's your turn (some other guests might overtake but I saw the staffs warned/prevented them unless it's very rude guest who still overtook which I understand nothing helps), in rush hours in the morning, I got like #25 queue but it took less than 10 mins to get one. It was very good system because when I stayed at other hotels (especially the very expensive but very bad one), I had to stand in cold weather and watched the other guests overtook the queue without any attempt from hotel staffs to stop them and that annoyed me every day so I appreciate JW Marriott Beijing a lot.

2) breakfast : plenty of choices from Asian to European/American, which might be common for almost all hotels in China, but this hotel also has a nice tea cornor and the services is prompt and efficient, and food is not totally tasteless like in some hotel.

Overall I think they managed the hotel very well, staffs were really nice and efficient, I will definitely stay here again on next business trip (not sure if I have to pay it myself :)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

Very nice hotel in an excellent location. Situated in the relatively new CBD area with two major shopping malls at your doorstep. Lots of restaurants and shops closely. Metro is 5 mins walk away. Easy access to 4th ring road and Jianguomen Road (main thoroughfare) in Beijing. Good service, nicely appointed rooms, excellent indoor pool and fully equipped gym.

• Stayed October 2011