“nice cafe”

The Alchemist Mail Cafe (Sha Tin)
Ranked #2,487 of 11,377 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Neighbourhood: New Territories
Neighbourhood: New Territories
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Nice cafe located at the museum. Food was nice, we had all day breakfast, waffles, and coffee. We especially love the interior and design of the cafe, which combine reading area and meal area. However, once it reach lunch time, the cafe could be packed and crowded, seats and space become very limited at this time.
Would recommend coming here when it's less crowded, could be a perfect place just to chill, sit down and enjoy the weather before/after visiting the museum.

Reviewed March 28, 2018

It's just ok. The corned beef Ruben on a croissant was just enough to tie me over, but the French fries that came with it were cold and soggy...

Wait to dine elsewhere if you can.

Did not try anything else so your results may vary.

The museum itself was wonderful!

Reviewed December 15, 2017

I am still very upset whilst writing this review. I went to your place for a brunch with my wife. Unfortunately one of your staff spilled a coffee desert over my wife's coat which we had not even ordered. Then she laughed about it with her colleague at the counter. My wife and I are pretty doubtful whether her apology was sincere. Later, we were served chicken wings which had not been cooked well. When I complained I was only told to be polite. This is ridiculous!!! I will not recommend this place to my family and friends. You have a lot to do to get things right in your café....from your poor service to your cooking skills.

Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

Located at the Shatin Heritage Museum this is a nicely presented cafe that is worth visiting only if you are in need of some food and drink during a museum trip. The pasta lunch and ice creams/waffles all looked best pick but we had breakfast which wasn't great at the inflated prices - cheap meat sausages, ham and burger patty for HKD85 and no drink. I assume it's just for the tourists.

Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

Came here after my trip to the museum. Surprised that they don't have any earl grey tea or decafed Latte. Foods are average, typical Asian western foods.