“Back again for the shower!!”
Review of W Hong Kong

Ranked #10 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
Singapore, Singapore
“Back again for the shower!!”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Back again after almost a year.. the shower was still fantastic.. thats what i like most about this hotel.

Got a room on the higher floor this time, with water view... faces waterfront with tugboats... realized it is called the Fabulous Room... vs the ones which face the apartments, they are called Wonderful rooms? correct me if i am wrong... Price to move from Wonderful to Fabulous was HKD 200, which is approximately USD25 per night, before tax and service charge.

Slept very well though.. the mattress was firm enough, pillow was a little flat but made it up by stacking 3 beneath my head.

Used the gym during this stay, great equipment but not a very big one. 5 treadmills were all in use during peak hours... Xbox Kinect installed... good feature to have but wonder how many guests actually use it... state of art equipment by TechoGym,, great stuff!

Given the space constraint at the reception area, 5 persons in the line makes the reception look crowded, saw staff speaking with those in line waiting to check out, if they have no incidental bills and room rates to settle, they can leave the hotel without seeing the cashier. Thats one way to cut the waiting time. So an improvement there.

Despite all the great hardware, I somehow did not manage to identify any outstanding staff offering that warm and hospitable service.... no one went beyond that "hello" "good morning" and welcome back"... am i asking for too much? or are they jaded with all the Chinese visitors from Motherland?

Room Tip: Room closest to the elevators offers sea view i reckon.....
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LeeCK
ValerieChan, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, 11 March 2012
Hello LeeCK,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience; I am happy to learn that you had a fabulous stay with us at the W Hong Kong and most aspects met your expectations, and that you had the opportunity to enjoy the hotel facilities, including, Sweat – Gym on 73/F.

In contrast, I regret that no member of our team managed to create a particularly memorable experience while you were here; kindly rest assured that was not the service we are striving for at W Hong Kong. Your comments have been shared with our Senior Management team and Training Manager and we conducted a series of coaching sessions to ensure we keep the edge in this regard.

LeeCK, thank you once again for sharing your feedback with us and your support to W Hong Kong; please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if I can be of your further assistance. I and my team sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to our World of W in the very near future!

W Hong Kong

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (717)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
HCMC
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I stay at many hotels throughout the year but in HK I do enjoy the W as it is a bit unique. The rooms are modern and the upper floors have incredible views of the waterway, the bathrooms and ammenities are of top quality as is the bed and large television screens. The food is pricey so I generally avoid it, so depending on what part of HK you are doing business or exploring the W is well worth a stay.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Hello bmsaigon,

Please accept my sincere gratitude for your valuable time taken to share your experience with us, and I am very much looking forward to welcoming you back to our World of W in the very near future!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Went to the W Hotel twice in the last year: great place to stay:

- Not central but right above Kowloon Station
- Suites are brilliant and normal rooms are great also
- Views over the harbour are beautiful, however building in front (with the Ritz Carlton in it) cover a fair bit of it
- Service is good
- Pool is great (outdoors on top of the building)

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Hello Jochen K,
Sincere thanks for taking the time to share your recent W Hong Kong experience, and I am pleased to learn you had a fantastic stay with us; in addition, most aspects met your expectations during your visit.

It’s wonderful to know you had enjoyed the hotel facilities, including our Wet – outdoor swimming pool on 76/F when you were here.

Jochen K, it will definitely be our pleasure to welcome you back to our World of W for a longer stay whenever you are in the city!

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Came from the airport on the airport express which stops in the basement of the Elements Mall where the hotel is situated & it was an easy two minute walk through the mall to the hotel entrance.

Checked in at the dedicated Starwood Platinum desk and was double upgraded to a Marvellous Suite - and it was indeed marvellous! A corner room with stunning views over Hong Kong harbour, and beautifully appointed. We particularly enjoyed sitting in the large bath watching the boats in the harbour, although my wife preferred the bathroom TV! Nice big tubes of the bliss toileteries were an added bonus.

We ate in one of the many restaurants in the Elements Mall, but had a drink in the great bar in the W after dinner.

We took the free hotel shuttle to Nathan Road and a taxi back was only a few dollars.

Only a one night stay - we would like to have stayed longer. The rooftop pool was spectacular, next time we hope to have time to use it.

In summary - I would stay here again. A great hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robh9999
Hello Robh9999,
Sincere thanks for taking the time to share your recent W Hong Kong experience, and I am pleased to learn you had a marvelous stay with us; in addition, most aspects met your expectations during your visit.

Robh9999, it will definitely be our pleasure to welcome you back to our World of W for a longer stay whenever you are in the city!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2012

The W hotel is very well situated as it is deserved by the Airport Express, the HKG underground or only few HKG$ by cab from Central. The room are cosy with wonderful view of the harbour. The gym is situated at the top of the building with the outdoor pool on the roof. THe bar can be crowded at the beginning of the night but always has a good atmosphere. Can only recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Hello Philmlondon70,
Sincere thanks for taking the time to share your recent W Hong Kong experience, and I am pleased to learn you had a fabulous stay with us; in addition, most aspects met your expectations during your visit.

It’s wonderful to know you had enjoyed the hotel facilities, including our Sweat – Gym on the 73/F and Wet – outdoor swimming pool on 76/F.

Philmlondon70, it will definitely be our pleasure to welcome you back to our World of W whenever you are in the city!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Great hotel. Very modern tad funky like most Ws. Only let down was service in bar. One of the ladies there was very very slow and rude. I ordered a beer and it took 33 mins to arrive even tho bar was pretty empty!!! I could see it on bar but she was too busy doing nothing. So watch out for lady with long wavy hair !!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank rrlondon500
Hello rrlondon500,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience; I am delighted to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us at the W Hong Kong and most aspects met your expectations.

In contrast, I regret that the team in the Living Room did not create a WOW experience while; kindly rest assured that was not the service we are striving for at W Hong Kong. Your comments have been shared with our Director of Beverage & Food and Training Manager who both conduct a series of coaching sessions to enhance guests’ experience.

rrlondon500, I appreciate very much the valuable time you have taken to share your experience with us; only constructive comments, such as yours will allow us to improve our service and be aware of those areas that need immediate improvements. In addition, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if I can be of your further assistance. I and my team sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to our World of W in the very near future!

Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Having lived in HK for two years, the W Hotel is my favorite hotel in HK. As a point of comparison, I've stayed at the Sheraton in TST, JW Marriott in Admiralty, Marriott in TST, L Hotel in Causeway Bay, and Landmark Mandarin Oriental in Central.

I love this hotel for several reasons:
(1) First and foremost, the location is PRIME. It's conveniently located directly above the Airport Express station in Kowloon so it makes it even easier to get in and out of Hong Kong. On your check-out day, you can check out of the hotel and go downstairs to check in for your flight along with your luggage. This frees you up to travel around the city without worrying about carrying your luggage and having to get to the airport earlier to check your bags.
(2) The rooftop pool is great (on a good day). It's on the 70-something floor and overlooks the harbor so the views are amazing. Unfortunately, there are often days where the fog rolls in and obstructs the view. I also wish there were hotter chicks consistently in the pool (but hey you can't win them all).
(3) It's located within the Elements Mall, which I believe is the nicest in HK. It has every luxury goods shop that one can hope for (though admittedly these are everywhere in HK). The location makes it easy to drop off bags if you end up buying too much.
(4) It's also a short cab ride (five minutes) or one stop on the MTR (train) into Central. I prefer the cab ride because I'm lazy (if you couldn't tell from my descriptions above). The hotel is right in front of the Western Tunnel, which is more expensive to travel through than the Cross Harbour tunnel but it saves you at least 15 minutes. (which is more expensive)

I've never had a bad experience at this hotel. Food leaves something to be desired but that problem is easily overcome since you should really be out trying the HK restaurants anyway.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the water. It's worth paying a little extra for the view.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Hello Chipboy07,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience; I am delighted to learn that you had another wonderful stay with us at the W Hong Kong and most aspects met your expectations. It is great to know you had taken the pleasure to enjoy the hotel facilities, including, Wet – outdoor pool on 76/F while you were here