See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 20, 2017

I did my booking via Airbnb for New Euro Asia Guest House at Chung King Mansion. Pictures provided of the location and reviews were good. However, when we entered Chung King Mansion, I never thought it will be that bad. My wife and grown up kids were all scared on its ground floor surroundings. We went inside the dark and crowded alley until we get thru a cramped elevator going up to Euro Guesthouse. When we arrived at the place, we were disappointed to see that it has a very small lobby. Omer, our contact was not around and the other fellow who were around was just in his night shorts. The room we booked was not available as it was still occupied by another guest. We were there before 9am as agreed for our early check in, however the room will only be available by 11am. After haggling for a temporary room to use, they provided us a very small room that will only fit 2 lean persons. We were left with no choice but to look for a better place to stay. That experience almost ruined our family vacation. My family swear that they will never set foot again in that place. It was too scary for them. We enjoyed Hong Kong except that place.

Stayed: May 2016
6  Thank albertbriones
Reviewed January 7, 2017

The guy renting out our room was aggressive and rude with me. He was not available when I arrived and I had to wait in a hallway for over 2 hours for him. When I arrived, he wouldn't let me check-in as the room was under a different name, but said if I was happy to put down a deposit, he would let me check in. In the hallway, where I had spent my 2 hours, there was writing all over the walls that said stuff like "Give me back my money white man" and "I ring and ring and no one answers the door", so I figured it would be wise to keep my pennies to myself. After another hour, we were taken to an entirely different room, in an entirely different section of the Mansion. From there, yet again we were asked for ID which was scanned and copied (WHY???) and evevntually taken to our room after we confirmed we weren't going to pay more for the room- they did try to scam us out of another 50 USD for the room but we stuck to our guns and eventually they let us be.

The room was small, cramped, hot and the air conditioning didn't work. The bathroom was typically HK- tiny.
Overall, it was completely awful. Don't go here. Stay as far away from this place as possible.

2  Thank Heather K
Reviewed December 13, 2016 via mobile

This place is an absolute shocker. 1 lift to serve what is essentially 20+ guesthouses. Constantly offered watches, handbags and drugs. Other people's luggage left under our smaller-than-single beds in our tiny horrible room (booked a double) don't be fooled by the pictures! Pay a little extra and go elsewhere.

2  Thank James_Ross_90
Reviewed May 11, 2016

Good central location. Close to MTR but rooms very small. Fire hazard. All the fire doors were propped open permanently. Lift terrible always took too long. Bathroom very small with shower over the toilet.The surrounding on the ground floor is scary.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2016

It is in a central area, very close to the MTR subway system and various buses with many shops, eating places and money changing being nearby. You get everything but room, space being at such a premium in Hong Kong / Kowloon. A good bed, small fridge, free wifi, TV, shower and toilet (soap and toilet rolls), free cold and hot water to drink and for noodles, daily room service. Bus A21 back to the airport stops across the road and five minutes walk uphill. But it is a tiny room so for sleeping in only. Supposedly 7th Floor but notice says go to 5th floor, knock on a door or two and you will be pointed to someone who can check you in. I thought the room secure. It was quiet at night.

Room Tip: You want a bigger room in Hong Kong, you pay more.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo