“disappointing” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #115 of 158 Speciality Lodging in Hong Kong
bacolod
“disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2010

I can never and I guess will never forget the disappointment we had during our stay in this hostel.Dont be deceived by their advertisements online coz we were victims of such lousy hostel. Rooms were dirty, untidy and the air-condition was terrible. On our first night we werent able to sleep. Comfort room was so small that we cant even move. We need to go down to their reception area every time we need something. No tissues, no towels, no toiletries in short. There was an awful smell along the hallway. We paid more than the rates they posted on the net. We paid additional hkd just to avail a room with comfort room. The following day, we didnt have time to find another hostel to transfer so we stayed for another night.Guess what? they transferred us to another room without even informing us. They transferred our things in an disorganized manner. We were dissatisfied and so stressed that early the following day we transferred to another hostel.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank BacolodTraveller
Amy C, Owner at New Chung King Mansion Hostel, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
Chung King Mansion with many small hostels,yours never stay with us,but we think stay with others in the same building.We are brand new budget hostel,and located in Chung King Mansion where favored by many budget travelers due to it's cheap accommodation and central location in Hong Kong.Due to the valued land in Hong Kong,budget hostel room are small,but room are clean and with private bathroom,free internet access,air-condition,fan,television,telephone,fan,towel and slipper.Our check-in time is 12:30PM - 01:30AM,and Check-our time is before 12:00 noon.The building ground floor which is not belong to us and for building management,there are so many shops like money exchange,baggage,restaurant as well.There are many people to make shopping and make the ground floor so crowed,but actually is very safe and no crime in our building.Money exchange are much money in the shop,but they are still running properly.Your comment are very important for us to improve our service,and we are welcome to serving yours next time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
bohol, philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2010

Beware of this hostel! They will really disturb your vacation and cause you a lot of stress. I booked 3 rooms in this hostel on March 6 for May7-11, 2010 and made a confirmed cancellation on April 14, 2010. Yet, they called me and harassed me on May 7 and told me that they will charge the 3 rooms to my credit card. I called them back and told them it has been cancelled but the staff won't listen instead dropped the phone on me. It was a nightmare on my part.

Stayed May 2010
3 Thank silveryginn
You have never stay with us and nobody has called you from our hostel.We are brand new budget hostel,and located in Chung King Mansion where favored by many budget travelers due to it's cheap accommodation and central location in Hong Kong.Due to the valued land in Hong Kong,budget hostel room are small,but room are clean and with private bathroom,free internet access,air-condition,fan,television,telephone,fan,towel and slipper.Our check-in time is 12:30PM - 01:30AM,and Check-our time is before 12:00 noon.The building ground floor which is not belong to us and for building management,there are so many shops like money exchange,baggage,restaurant as well.There are many people to make shopping and make the ground floor so crowed,but actually is very safe and no crime in our building.Money exchange are much money in the shop,but they are still running properly.Your comment are very important for us to improve our service,and we are welcome to serving yours next time.

Travellers are raving about these Hong Kong hotels

QC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2009

When we got to the hostel, we were transferred to a diff hostel in the same bldg named hollywood guesthouse. The room was small and the bathroom was unpleasant. We were advised that we will be transferring to our booked hostel the next morning. It was a relief when we got to the hostel. The hallway was nice, and the receptionist, we called, "my friend", was very accomodating. Though the room was still small, it was good enough. The bathroom was very clean, good A/C, flat screen tv ( but no cable), and the room itself was something that would make you feel good and comfortable. They cleaned the room every other day while we were out but not a thing was lost. Good security. We will consider coming back to this hostel. =)

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank fuschiapink03
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2009

We had booked a room for 2 nights before our departure to Bangkok & Koh Samui so were looking for a budget/cheap hotel to stay in. Big mistake!! As soon as we found the building we queued at the two tiny lifts waiting for 15mins for a lift as it was so busy and packed - there were many ppl queuing next to us ... all I can say is I held on tighter to my handbag!! Once we reached our hotel (there were many hostel type hotels in this building) the reception showed me the room we were to stay in, the room he showed me can only be described as a rat hole! It was a dingy little single room with a nasty looking single bed in a dirty looking room, I refused to take the room and the man offered us an upgrade for a fee, I knew this was a rip off!! but as it was already gone 11pm and after a 12hr flight I was soooo tired at this point so just paid like an extra $20 and upgraded to a different room which was a tad better but still a tiny basic room with two single beds. The window was boarded up with what looked like paper and the bathroom was so tiny only 1 person could stand inside. Not to mention the 7 cans of cockroach spray I saw outside the bedroom door. My bf pushed the other bed against the bedroom door and we lay on the hard beds but could not sleep!! This is the worst room/hotel I have ever stayed in! We checked out the next day!! I would NEVER stay here again even if I was homeless! I would rather sleep on a park bench in Hong Kong!

• Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple