“Great Pork Knuckle”

Cuisines: German, Bar, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Reviewed December 19, 2016

Coming back to this place to meet a German friend for a Dinner. Since I was very hungry I ordered a grilled pork Knuckle, and had to wait for some time, but it was worth to wait, a very delicious piece I got, and seemed fresh grilled for that evening (Not warmed up, like often in some other places).
And together with a excellent German beer, it was really a good decision to come here to meet my friend.

Reviewed November 29, 2016

I had two beers, white sausage and fries. The service was not great and the food was leaning towards disgusting. It was my impression that it was not fresh at all. I'm not sure the water used to serve the sausage was clean and the sausages and/or the mustard, had a very tangy taste. Not a good tangy but a - I'm not sure this is safe - tangy. I didn't finish. The fries seemed to have been cooked WAY early in the day. They were as dry as an old chicken bone. Just horrible. The beer was very good though. It is right across the street from my hotel so I will probably have another beer there while I'm in town but NO food! As for the service, the girls working behind the bar didn't seem interested in the customers at all. They chatted with each other and I have do work to get their attention.

1  Thank Jeffrey L
Reviewed November 17, 2016 via mobile

Popped in here for a few beers and bar food after a long day out trekking round the city - beer was fresh, varied and plentiful.

The platters were served quickly with great sausage and cheese selections.

A few other dishes and a few beers later we were done - but we certainly enjoyed the stuff we ordered!

Reviewed October 27, 2016 via mobile

I worked and lived in China for some years. I would have to come into HK quite often on
business from the mainland and this pub was always on my list to visit. The beer tasted oh so good. And the German snacks and meals like Weiner Schnitzel and great grainy breads with pates' just topped the day off. Many ex pats would frequent the place and I struck up many a chat with a friendly German guy.

Reviewed October 5, 2016 via mobile

I love this place cause it's close to my hotel and it has very very good German beer and friendly service...I would avoid the food at all costs! Echh