I stayed at Butterfly On Prat not so much because I needed to shop a lot or see a lot of sights; I just had to be within walking distance of the HK marathon start. But this hotel is good for anyone visiting HK for a few days, who want to be close to everything (TST's Nathan Road and MTR station are just a block away), and don't want to or can't afford the larger luxury hotels though still want to be comfortable and want a good bed - I know that a lot of smaller HK hotels have the harder Chinese style mattresses that ensure you won't have a good night's sleep.
+ room was clean, not too big but certainly enough space for me and my 2 large bags of luggage. My partner had fit as well if he'd joined.
+ bathroom also clean, good shower
+ free wifi of good quality
+ microwave in every room - didn't use it, but loved this option! There are 2 convenience stores in the street too, so fancy hot noodles anytime in the room? No problem!
+ reception staff was always friendly
- the hotel does not serve breakfast. To me not a problem, the street of the hotel alone had several options and TST is full of eateries everywhere. But to those who want to slip downstairs for a quick brekkie before dressing for the day, not going to happen here!
- I asked for a wake up call on marathon morning...and didn't get called until 30 mins AFTER I requested it. Luckily I had 3 other alarm clocks for this particular occasion, but was still not amused. The gentleman did not really sound like he cared too much...
- the room was pretty quiet though it must be said that the walls aren't the thickest of all hotels I've ever stayed in HK. I could hear neighbours on occasion. I must add that I am a light sleeper, so if you're of the kind that falls asleep within minutes, you won't find this bothering.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of pulsating Tsim Sha Tsui, Butterfly on Prat is the ideal launch pad to indulge in the best shopping, museums and panorama Hong Kong has to offer. Step outside of the hip and chic comforts of the hotel and loose yourself in the mega shopping maze of Harbour City. Go catch up with arts, culture and past of the ex-colony, wine and dine Michelin-grade gourmets and drink in the uninterrupted views of some of the world's finest skylines. Whatever you do in this part of town, you simply wish you'd have more eyes, ears, taste buds and time. To fulfill travellers' need for seamless, connected travel experience, the hotel now offers "4G Pocket WiFi Device" to keep your life in sync! Bring WiFi with you around town and stay in touch with the mobile hotspot (unlimited local data) that instantly connects your devices (up to 5 smartphones, tablets or other wireless portable devices) to the Internet anywhere the coverage is available. Straightforward and effortless - this is how travel should be! And once your heady day is over, return to the stylish relief of our 158 rooms, where branded amenities and device-friendly docking stations mix with free Wi-Fi and strong pops of colours to craft enhanced inspirations for both work and play. Guests will even get the treat of a free smartphone, offering unlimited local calls and 3G data, a city guide as well as all sorts of interesting info and features. Families with children are well taken care of too, with thoughtful amenities and ample space to fit comfortably a family of four. Whenever help is needed, our 24-hour front desk is on stand-by. Need travel advice? Try our 'Local Ambassadors'! How well connected are we? - 4-minute walk to the Tsim Sha Tsui MTR subway station. - 10-minute taxi ride to the Airport Express Kowloon Station for direct train connection to Hong Kong International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Butterfly on Prat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Butterfly On Prat Hotel Hong Kong
- Butterfly On Prat Hong Kong