“Good base for exploring HK”
Review of Butterfly on Prat

Butterfly on Prat
Ranked #49 of 723 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I stayed at Butterfly On Prat not so much because I needed to shop a lot or see a lot of sights; I just had to be within walking distance of the HK marathon start. But this hotel is good for anyone visiting HK for a few days, who want to be close to everything (TST's Nathan Road and MTR station are just a block away), and don't want to or can't afford the larger luxury hotels though still want to be comfortable and want a good bed - I know that a lot of smaller HK hotels have the harder Chinese style mattresses that ensure you won't have a good night's sleep.

+ room was clean, not too big but certainly enough space for me and my 2 large bags of luggage. My partner had fit as well if he'd joined.
+ bathroom also clean, good shower
+ free wifi of good quality
+ microwave in every room - didn't use it, but loved this option! There are 2 convenience stores in the street too, so fancy hot noodles anytime in the room? No problem!
+ reception staff was always friendly

- the hotel does not serve breakfast. To me not a problem, the street of the hotel alone had several options and TST is full of eateries everywhere. But to those who want to slip downstairs for a quick brekkie before dressing for the day, not going to happen here!
- I asked for a wake up call on marathon morning...and didn't get called until 30 mins AFTER I requested it. Luckily I had 3 other alarm clocks for this particular occasion, but was still not amused. The gentleman did not really sound like he cared too much...
- the room was pretty quiet though it must be said that the walls aren't the thickest of all hotels I've ever stayed in HK. I could hear neighbours on occasion. I must add that I am a light sleeper, so if you're of the kind that falls asleep within minutes, you won't find this bothering.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank HelenAmsterdam

Reviewed 25 February 2012

After a couple of weeks in China, I was incredibly excited about the style and amenities of the Butterfly on Prat. The room -- and bathroom -- are surpisingly spacious, and the free wifi is a definite perk. On the down side, the fitness center is a bit of a joke, a couple of ancient machines in a small room. The Tsim Sha Shui location also had some pros and cons. I was working, so it could be a bit irritating to have to wend through the tourist throngs and a number of the nearby restaurants catered to that crowd. On the other hand, I could not have asked for a more convenient location. I was traveling throughout Hong Kong for work, and being just a couple of minutes from the MTR was an incredible boon.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Good location, near all the attractions of Tsim Cha Tsui. Excellent free Wi Fi. No restaurant, but there are many nearby including Al Dente next door.
Rooms getting a little tired, but still worth staying here compared to many expensive hotels in this area.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms at ther back, as front rooms are more noisy
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Eddie G
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Great location in Tsim Sha Shui. I traveled solo and the room was very comfortable. I made a reservation for for a superior room (standard room), and I needed an early check in. Upon my arrival, no superior rooms were available; however, I was offered an upgrade to a deluxe room at a minimal upgrade rate so I accepted. The front desk staff is very friendly and accommodating. The deluxe rooms are on higher floors (which is a plus as it gets you further from the traffic noise). Since almost every building in Hong Kong is tall, the view out of the room was not spectacular (main reason for not rating excellent).

I felt the rooms to be nice and the bathroom with rainfall shower head was AWESOME! The bathroom amenities were stocked very well. The room had a mini-fridge, safe, electric kettle and small LCD TV. I needed a plug adapter and the front desk sent one up. Free Wi-Fi included. If you need to print boarding passes, etc. they are a couple computers by the front desk you can use.

This is a boutique hotel with no bar, restaurant or room service. No worries, there are many options within a VERY short walk from the hotel. The airport express shuttle bus is just a block away and the metro station is very close. The airport express train was HK$160 round trip. Taxi fare from airport was quoted to be around HK$200-250 each way.

I loved the location so much I will return to the hotel on my next trip to Hong Kong.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Tony N
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Veri nice boutique hotel in the heart of Tsim Sha Tsui.
Highly reccomended for couple, groups of friends or solo travellers looking for something nice with great price and nice location.
They do not have a restaurant, but you can find nice places close to the hotel ( I really enjoyed the Agnés B. Café, 5 minutes walk from the hotel).

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Found a new home in hong kong. Good location,efficient and friendly staff,nice rooms.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 February 2012

We had a short stop-over from Australia to England for our first visit to Hong Kong. The taxi driver had no trouble in taking us to the hotel; the fare was HK$250 from the airport. We arrived early in the morning so we couldn't get in to our room until 12 p.m. (although normal check-in time is 2 p.m.)

We looked at a restaurant nearby for breakfast but they only accepted cash, and we preferred to pay by card as we were only in Hong Kong for a relatively short time. We walked on further and came across Hullett House, 1881 Heritage in Canton Road. We wanted to sit down somewhere peaceful and have a luxurious breakfast and this fitted the bill perfectly. The continental breakfast was surprisingly inexpensive and substantial. Everything was home made by the 4 French chefs, one with a Michelin star.

Our room in the hotel was a deluxe room was on the 12th floor facing the back of the hotel. The bathroom was very chic and the shower cubicle was enormous. The toiletry bottles with the hotel's name were larger than usual and the colourful complimentary slippers were a lovely extra.

We had another night flight the next evening so we decided to visit Ocean Park on HongKong Island, principally to see the pandas. We took the underground one stop to Admiralty station on Hong Kong Island. Outside the station is a ticket booth where one can pay by card for both the 629 bus fare to get to Ocean Park and for the park entrance ticket.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family