“Ideally located!”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Hong Kong Causeway Bay
Ranked #49 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I had stayed in this hotel on my first trip to Hong Kong. The location of this hotel is ideal for any traveller as it is very close to the prime shopping areas and one can do a lot of things after stepping out of thehotel.

The hotel lobby looks a bit cramped due to shortage of space, but the feeling goes away when one enters the rooms. The rooms are spacious and the accessories kept there are very well thought of from a travellers view point.

Shopping attractions like Times Square and SoGo are few minutes walk from the hotel and there is a lot of street shopping also possible in the vicinity.

The room rates seemed a bit high (especially since it did not include breakfast), but then Hong Kong is an expensive city! I had a good view from my room of the neighbouring CCC club which has a race course and multiple sports facilities.

There are lot of eating options nearby. There is a metro station at Times Square which makes commuting easy.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor room overlooking the CCC club.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Awaara
Write a ReviewReviews (1,028)

Reviewed 11 February 2012

Stayed from Jan 14 - Jan 16 of 2012. This hotel is conveniently located, it is literally 100 yards away from Time Square and MRT. Hotel has exercise facility, pool and restaurant. All reasonably pricing. If return to Hong Kong, will not hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Having stayed at a number of hotels in Hong Kong it can be hard to find something that strikes a good balance between value for money, service and facilities - for me this hotel gets that balance just right

The rooms are of a good size with great attention to detail such as the surround system and iPod dock

The rooftop swimming pool and bar are a great place to relax after a hectic day around the city

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I have to confess that I tried my hardest to be very critical of this hotel because I used to be a platinum card member but for various reasons (including the poor service of their customer relationship management team in corporate, not at this hotel) I am no longer a platinum member so I used my points to stay here for free.

I took the train in from the airport and decided to take the subway to the hotel. The walk from the Causeway Bay subway station was not easy - it was confusing even with GPS from my iphone and I thought, in my own evil way, "Great - I can say the location is no good". But in reality, the location is very reachable by taxi, which are plentiful and super convenient by bus (I didn't know until I got there). The hotel is located next to the Happy Valley race track and the Causeway Bay area itself is quite a lively and happening shopping and entertainment district. It is a short taxi ride to Wanchai and a slightly longer ride to Central but, as I found out, you can take the bus from right outside the hotel (#690) and this will take you through Wanchai into the heart of Central.

The reception area was tidy and efficient, not grandiose like many hotels. The hallways were a little narrow and dark but once you enter the room, it is beautiful. The room was one of the nicest rooms I've stayed in whilst in Hong Kong. It was a good comfortable size (unlike the Sheraton - where I am a platinum member) or even the Intercontinental (both Grand Standford and the main Intercontinental do not have rooms as nice as teh one I stayed in - forget about the holiday inns). The room reminded me a little of the rooms at Le Meridien Cyberport, including the little seating ledge in the shower.

Didn't try any of the restaurants due to time restrictions. Don't know about value as I stayed using points.

Room Tip: Don't bother walking from the subway station. Take a taxi or bus.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank pelachi
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We stayed in Hong Kong for three days on the way back from Bali in April, all as part of our honeymoon.

The hotel was lovely and clean and the rooms immaculately presented. Breakfast was a real treat, the smoked salmon was to die for.

I do have one small issue however:

We had our wedding at the Crowne Plaza in London, and the manager of the hotel sent an e-mail to the manager at the Causeway Bay hotel to ask if they would kindly offer us a free room upgrade as we had our wedding at the Crowne Plaza in London. Unfortunately when we arrived we hadn't been upgraded, and had been given a room with a terrible view. My husband asked the hotel staff if there were any rooms with a better view available, and eventually they did agree to change our room (where to be fair the view was wonderful) though it did feel as though we had to beg just for them to give in. The room was changed like for like, just with a better view over Happy Valley as opposed to the other side. I was disappointed that the hotel didn't acknowledge our honeymoon, especially considering the London Crowne Plaza had gone out of their way to try and arrange something special for us when we arrived. I don't think it would have hurt to have offered us a glass of champagne or even just a note in our room to say congratulations.

Other than that, our stay was fairly enjoyable. The reception staff were a little rude at times, however the waiting staff in the bar on the top floor made up for that as they were absolutely fantastic and always very friendly.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, IHGCare at Crowne Plaza Hotel Hong Kong Causeway Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2012

Dear TiggerRooPoo,

Thank you for your candid review of our hotel Crowne Plaza Causeway Bay. We are glad to see overall you enjoyed your stay with us. As for your small issue, although the room upgrade is always based on availability and how much hotel's occupancy was at the time, we certainly could have reached out more to make your honeymoon stay more memorable. We pride ourselves on delivering our guests a great experience at all times and we would like you to rest assured that the challenges you encountered are not indicative of our usual high standards.

Again, we thank you for bringing this to our attention and hope we have the opportunity to host you again and to show you the service improvement we've made.

Lin S.
IHGCare

Reviewed 6 February 2012

Great accomodations, bed, location, shower, service & decor!!!!

Room Tip: Higher floor, nonsmoking!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I recently had a two night stay at this hotel and it was excellent.

I'm lucky enough to have (legitmate) access to the Intercontinental Hotel Group's friends and family rates which meant our Superior Room was at an even better rate. Our room was very spacious (even for three). The King size bed was exceptionally comfy and the extra bed in our room wasn't bad to sleep on either.

The room came equipped with everything that we needed and more. Things provided included dressing gowns, slippers, an umbrella, jogging map and international convertor. Mineral water is also provided and is re-stocked daily.

The rain shower (normal shower head is also provided) with view through the room to the outside was an interesting feature. I would recommend a superior for couples for this reason alone. A screen is provided for privacy.

The hotel staff were extremely attentive and helpful and there was always someone around when required. The majority spoke English which made communicating very easy.

A stay at the hotel wouldn't be complete without a visit to the rooftop heated pool (26C on the day of my visit) which has an excellent view of the surrounds. A rain shower is also nearby which proves refreshing and warm in the winter wind. Also on floor 28 is an exercise room which has treadmills, cross trainers and weights available for use. It overlooks Happy Valley so is worth the visit if your room has a city view.

Room Tip: Superier Room is great for couples.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends