“Highly recommended”

Ranked #148 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Milan, Italy
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I usually stay in hotels, so I took a gamble and stayed in an apartment for a recent short trip to Hong Kong.

I would highly recommend Chi 279. The location on Shanghai street, two blocks from Nathan road and right next to the Temple Street night market really is excellent.

This was my first time staying in Kowloon, and I really enjoyed it.

The apartment was really well set up. Small but functional kitchen, small living area, great entertainment system, small bedroom with an extremely comfortable bed and a huge bathroom with an excellent shower.

The apartment is really well decorated and is both stylish and functional.

The reception staff were very friendly and happy to help with directions around the local area.

I would not hesitate to recommend Chi 279 to anyone looking for a great value, well appointed and located apartment in Kowloon.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank travelliingaussie
CHI_Intl, Public Relations Manager at CHI Residences 279, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such an encouraging review. We're glad your stay with us was able to exceed your expectations and that you were pleased with all our amenities. We're especially pleased that you were able to take advantage of the surrounding neighbourhood, which we feel, shows a side of Hong Kong not seen in Central, yet is only a short MTR ride away. Again, thank you for your kind words and we look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Oregon
Reviewed 4 March 2012

The staff at this hotel are very accommodating and so incredibly nice. On top of that, our apartment was 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom and then the living area and kitchen. For the location and amount we paid, the value was great. The only complaint I had was the cot was so uncomfortable that I almost wished I were sleeping on an air mattress - it would have been a lot better. The only reason I slept on the cot was because I was traveling with my parents, so it was nice the 3 of us could share that apartment. We only stayed 2 nights because they were sold out the following night, but I would definitely stay there again. The laundry that's just on the next street is very quick and cheap, which was really convenient. Would definitely recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Joy_loves_traveling
CHI_Intl, Public Relations Manager at CHI Residences 279, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Thank you for taking your time to write such an encouraging review. You feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and it is important to us that everyone experiences our warm CHI hospitality. Please let us know when you are next in Hong Kong and our CHI team is ready to make sure your next stay is just as comfortable if not more so. Thank you again, we hope to have you back with us soon.
oxbow canada
Reviewed 4 March 2012

This was a nice, clean hotel. Friendly staff. Free DVD's. Disappointment was the listing said a 3 room. Well one of these rooms is a bathroom, so 2 rooms, 1 with bed and tv & kitchen area all combined. We were requiring an additional bed (roll out cot). Charged an extra $200 per night, then put it at the end of our bed, between the TV and our bed. The bathroom was huge...too huge and you have to pass through the second bedroom to get to it. For three people it would have worked, as a double & single, but as our selection was for 3 beds, for 4 people, it just did not work, and I checked out after 1 night. No refunds , paid for 3 nights. The night market is right there for shopping for all kinds of useless junk.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank mike g
Thank you, we appreciate you taking the time to write such an encouraging review. We hope to have you back with us soon
San Diego, California
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Stayed at Chi for the latter part of my trip. Staff was pleasant. Elevator went out when we were leaving and they climbed the 11 floors to take our bags. Of course my bag was larger than the girl offering so I refused, but it was a nice gesture anyway. Walking distance of starbucks and the metro. The rooms were modern and large. W/D available in the building or you can walk around the corner to have it laundered for minimal fee. They even deliver back to the hotel since Chi uses them for their laundry service. Overall, pleasant stay and would return.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank ed8
CHI_Intl, Public Relations Manager at CHI Residences 279, responded to this review, 5 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such an encouraging review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us at CHI 279. Our apologies in regards to the lift but we're glad it did not inconvenience you too much. Again, thank you and we hope to have you back with us in the future.
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 17 January 2012

We were a party of 3 and stayed 3 nights in CHI Residences 279. Right, they block an amount on your Credit Card, so you have to plan it on your credit card allowance, but it was not a problem for me, as I was advised from the other review. From the airport, take the Airport Express to Kowloon Station. Then take the free transfer Bus n°K1 to Eaton Hotel Hong Kong. Then it's a 3-blocks walk to the apartment, around the park and a nice temple. It's the closest conection to the airport.
Now to the room. For Hong Kong and for the price, it's a real deal. The appartment is huge. When You book a three people apartment, if you're on floors 1,2 or 3, you'll have a seperate corner for the single bed. If you're on floor 4 and higher, you'll have the single bed in the Kitchen/Dining room. So you either have a little more space near the noise of the road, or a higher floor apartment with less room. We were on the last floor, so it was quiet! The staff was helpful and very nice. The location is convenient, near metro stations and buses. For a reasonable price, you'll get lots of space and a big double bed, which is real luxury in Hong Kong!
One word to the bathroom, The shower is also huge! And a very modern design.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank seventynine
Guangzhou, CHINA
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I stayed at CHI 279 for an overnight to pick up my mom at the airport. The apartment was spacious as advertised and extremely clean. It's also very well located as others have mentioned, two blocks to MTR and a McDonalds and Welcome supermarket one block away. The Temple Street Market is one short block away.

In all it's a great location and a wonderful room. But it's not a hotel. No on-site restaurant, but the McDonalds is closeby for quick coffee and breakfast. As the Yau Ma Tei Metro Exit C is just a couple blocks away, transport to fancier restaurants is easy. Also, there are dozens of small restuarants all around the location and Temple Street Market has the street side table restaurants. You can get dim sum there in the evening and morning as well.

Beware there is only a single bed in the room, so if you need twin beds, it could be a problem. I had noted this specifically on the reservation which they had a copy of. They wanted to charge me 200 HKD surcharge for twin beds instead of a queen. In the end it was complimentary, but the room was really geared to two people sharing a bed. They just put a roll-away in the living room. There's a couch too. So

I rated the service a three star, but it's not because the service that's provided is bad. It's just there isn't really the normal kind of service you might expect in any kind of hotel setting. The desk closed at 6:00 pm the day I was there. They came back for our late arrival from the airport (I had to pick my mom up) by special arrangement, but if you were to arrive late or leave early, you need to make arrangements. The manager was very helpful and friendly though. Took our picture and helped out.

You get a full kitchen, but there is zero food service on site of any kind. So you must go out as mentioned above.

The ultra cleanliness of the room is really nice. Top notch. For a serviced apartment, with no hotel services, this is a great place.

p.s. I didn't see a gym and clicked it by accident, however, they are close to a giant gym and fitness center.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank rbauerguangzhou
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 16 November 2011

we booked a 3 night stay, and we stayed in a triple room for my wife, myself plus my 2.5 yr old boy.

The triple room has a queen bed plus one single bed in another "wing" type of configuration. for the price we paid, the room is huge by hong kong standards. This is more like a serviced apartment which allows daily stay, rather than a hotel, hence this might explain the difference in size. That said, don't expect hotel cosyness or decor too. This is more functional, homelike and is clean and tidy. Service is fantastic too considering we aren't thrilled about our experience with other Hong Kong service people! from the friendly office mgmt to housekeeping staff, they are smiley and helpful.

toilet is a bit too big and empty (rather the space goes into the room), but is ok. toilet/kitchenette fittings are grohe, so it's good stuff even though the overall decor may not feel so.

Flat screen TV is great too!

Location wise, it is a short walk to Yau Ma Tei station, so it's pretty convenient. and it's just a short walk away to Temple St night market too. Actually just a block away there is already a smaller night market which is like an "extension" to the Temple St one, but on Yau Ma Tei side.

My family have even walked to Mong Kok / Langham Place / Women st market area twice, not that far away. TST to our hotel is a bit further but we did that walk too, passing through Temple St along the way.

One downside is that from the main entrance to the lift, there is a flight of stairs to negotiate. luggage is still ok, cos there's a small lift that is meant for wheelchairs that can take the luggage, but you need the hotel staff to activate for you I think. so for daily use, it's up and down the stairs we went with our baby stroller.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank ezgoing77
CHI_Intl, Public Relations Manager at CHI Residences 279, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write an encouraging review. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future.