What is a sanctuary for me? A place where the most beautiful design meets the most impressive and ultimate comfort. It's also a place where you'll find a dedicated team trying their really best to anticipate all your needs and providing the highest standard of service. Consequently, it's really hard to find a sanctuary and more especially in a city where, usually, people are always in a rush. A sanctuary is also a kind of cocoon, a "home sweet home" where leaving from is so hard... It's something so special like a gem and when you find one, trust me, it gives a very amazing emotion...
A few days ago, maybe i've had one of the most incredible emotion of my life cause i not only find a urban sanctuary but THE urban sanctuary, the place i consider as the most fantastic city hotel of the world where everything has exceeded all the expectations.
First of all, The Upper House is superbly located between Central and Causeway Bay, up to the most elegant mall of Hong Kong. It offers stunning views on the bay but on the city as well and do not think the mountain view is uninteresting cause all the rooms facing the mountain offers a green breathtaking scenery and actually this is maybe my favorite view cause it's so relaxing.
All the accommodations of this very special and exclusive hotel are just amazing. Starting with 700sq. feet, all the studios and suites will be a peaceful and very elegant retreat during your entire stay. The Upper House has been designed by the very talented Andre Fu and the result is more than exquisite. The choice for materials is excellent and you'll fall in love for the scheme of colors melting light green with purple, grey and bright wood. Everything is beautiful and just unique and what to say about the bathrooms... I almost lost my voice the first time i saw the most sexiest bathrooms in the world with an elevated water area with a deep bathtub and a fabulous view on the city.
The Upper House is also the place where you'll find the most exclusive amenities ever. A very good selection of REN products but a very special comfort kit as well comparable as the one you could find in the best Airline First Class, a beautiful shopping bag and a very practical travel bag. I've been just impressed by it and hot milk and cookies during the turn down service is really well thinking. I loved the complimentary maxi bar with jar of candies and cookies replenished every day. very very special...
So, let's say i've been again so satisfied about this hotel which has a very important space in my heart. However, after my first visit, THE urban sanctuary as i like to qualificate this hotel, i complained a bit about the service which was not as good as i expected. This new visit erased the impression of my first visit a few years ago. Now, the team of The Upper House is absolutely amazing. Each person working in this hotel is incredibly nice, friendly and professional. They really don't stop to try their best to make your stay unforgettable and memorable. Everybody will greet you by your name with always a nice word. It's remarkable how great is the improvement and the management team headed by Dean Winter is simply fantastic. The Guest Relations manager Paul is adorable and he really makes our time in this property the most delightful time of our life.... I really want to thank all this team for this great job.
Now you understand that a stay at The Upper House is one of the most special thing to do in a life. Nothing can be better in Hong Kong, in Asia, in the world. This property is the most beautiful possible and you'll be treated as somebody very special at each second of your stay. It's not so pricey if you consider this is THE hotel experience of your life. just FANTASTIC... I'm total FAN...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Upper House is a highly individualized small luxury hotel designed by Hong Kong architect Andre Fu. The hotel’s 117 rooms (including 21 suites and 2 penthouses) start at 730sq ft – the largest in Hong Kong. They feature wonderfully spacious bathrooms and dressing areas, and offer either scenic harbour or island views. Calming and contemporary, the rooms are designed to provide a sense of relaxation, warmth and understated luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Preferred Hotels, getaroom.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Upper House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Upper House Hotel Hong Kong
- The Upper House Hong Kong