US$136
  • Restaurant
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$178
  • Pool
Royal Plaza Hotel(Hong Kong)
US$163
Hotel ICON(Hong Kong)
US$196
US$83
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$100/night.

US$159
  • Restaurant
Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$89
Hotel Direct
  • Restaurant
Royal View Hotel(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$89
Agoda.com
  • Pool
iclub Fortress Hill Hotel(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$331
HK Disneyland
2,596 results
All reviewscafe greymaxi barguest experiencepacific placemarcel thomaren productsandre futop floorhome away from homerooms are hugebest hotels in the worldroom checkfour seasonshong kong parkluxury hotelother hotelsfavorite hotel
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Beautiful - very big rooms, comfortable beds, everything is electronic, room service is ordered from an iPod, and mini bar items (excluding wine, champagne and spirits) are all included. Staff are very attentive - if you speak to someone even once, they will remember your name. Restaurant staff were a little overwhelmed when the breakfast rush was at its peak on a weekend however their attitude could not be faulted and the views from the 49th floor are worth waiting for. Hard to get a cab owing to the location being at the end of a loop with 3 other hotel/shopping center ranks before it, but the MTR is literally below the hotel. Expensive, but definitely worth it. Previously we stayed exclusively at the Four Seasons in Central but this has just blown that out of the water. You know you are staying somewhere special when Owen Wilson is sitting at the next table having breakfast wearing slippers.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Marcel T, Manager at The Upper House, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

Dear Billy,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate that you took time to do so.
We are delighted to hear that you had a comfortable stay. Guest recognition is very important, especially in smaller properties such as ours and I am glad to know that we exceeded your expectations. Lovely description of other guests you spotted at Café Gray Deluxe, it definitely makes your review an interesting read for other travelers.
Please do contact me personally if I may assist with any upcoming reservations at The Upper House or any other Swire Hotels.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

My husband and I loved the Upper House and will definitely stay here again if we are ever in Hong Kong. All the pros:
-beautifully decorated, modern, spacious room with great amenities - REN bath products, shower with a rainshower spout, bathtub, TV in the bathroom, tons of closet space, comfortable beds
-location is Pacific Place, right next to the JW Marriott, Conrad, Shangri-La and the Pacific Place shopping. MTR subway is right there too. Super close to everything in Central HK
-Cafe Grey in this hotel has amazing views and great food, albeit pricey
-excellent service and staff - free yoga in the mornings, and coffee throughout the day, and they make up your room 2x a day

Only con is that the free wifi is slow at times but we loved it nonetheless.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Karen

Thank you very much for having taken the time to write a tripadvisor review. We are delighted to know that your stay at The Upper House was a comfortable one. We are glad to know that you specifically liked the location, the décor, Café Gray Deluxe and the complimentary YOGA classes.
Please do return soon again and let me know if I may assist with any future reservation.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

It's located above the JW Marriott and is so special... any place where the mini bar is included (includng beers), that's comfortable and spacious has got to be special in Central. I prefer this place to the Four Seasons. I have stayed the most at the JW Marriott which isn't bad but just can't compare with the level of this hotel (despite being located directly below it). They check you in from your room which is a nice touch. I plan to mimic the bath and tub in my dream bathroom in my dreamhouse one day. I can't say enough nice things about this place. It's definitely worth the money.

Room Tip: all the rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business

We appreciate your review of The Upper House. Your description of your “dream house” sounds exciting and we are honored to know that it would take somehow the form of The Upper House.
We do hope you visit us soon again. Please do let me know if I may assist with your future reservation at The Upper House or any other Swire Hotels.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

I have heard a lot of good things about this hotel, but thought it would be like W hotel (which I am not a big fan of). Stayed there recently for business trip, and found it amazing. Yes the deco is very modern, and they check you in with an ipad, and you've got to order your room service via i-touch, but everyone working at the hotel is so attentive, and it makes you feel at home. Loads of complimentary stuff at the mini bar, and the complimentary toiletry is REN. The view from the restaurant on the top floor is amazing. The location is great too, close to central, and next to the pacific place shopping mall. Will definitely stay there again when I go to HK next time.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Thanks for having stayed at The Upper House! We are delighted to know what you have heard about us prior to your arrival exceeded your expectations.
Please do contact me personally if I may assist with anything for a future reservation at any of the Swire Hotels.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

You have to like this place. The hotel has been turned upside down - there is no conventional lobby on arrival and instead of the usual check in procedures one is taken to the room and checked in on an iPad. The guest services which one would normally find in a hotel lobby are on the top floor with amazing views of Hong Kong from 40 floors up. The excellent restaurant and bar is on the same floor. The rooms are all very large (70 sqm for even the smallest rooms) and the views consistently good. Even the bathrooms have floor to ceiling windows with great views (but take note of the sign which says that the windows are two way glass - the great views could go in both directions!).

It is not all perfect - room service breakfast was chaotic and at some times of the day there were lengthy waits for taxis as the hotel is in Pacific Place - but overall this is a great hotel and a fun place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Marcel T, Manager at The Upper House, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2012

We appreciate your positive feedback about your recent stay at The Upper House.
Our aim is indeed to be different and always provide a casual yet refined, elegant service. The way you describe the “both way views” from our bathrooms is very well done and makes for a great reading. Hong Kong indeed is a busy city and like in other major world cities, the lack of cabs during certain rush hour may be challenging. We try to provide our Lexus house car whenever available for our guests to avoid any possible waits.
We are looking forward to hopefully welcome you back soon again. Thanks for writing this review and please do let me know if I may assist in the future.