“A Second Home”
Review of The Upper House

Ranked #1 of 730 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I've been to the Upper House on a number of occasions and every single time has been perfect. The staff are superb, the rooms are beyond comfortable and the level of service is second to none. On top of this I'm always made to feel as if I'm coming back home whenever I visit. This is definitely one of my favourite, if not my favourite, hotels I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Omar F
Marcel T, Manager at The Upper House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Dear Omar

Many thanks again for your kind review. We appreciate your loyalty towards “our house” very much. We are honored to know that we are one of your favorite hotels in the world knowing that you travel so frequently.
Please do return soon again and let me know personally if I may assist with anything in the future.

The Upper House

Write a ReviewReviews (2,393)

Reviewed 23 April 2012 via mobile

We actually live in Hong Kong, but after seeing the hotel room of a visiting guest we decided the next special occasion we had we would treat ourselves. The rooms, staff, and hotel are all simply extraordinary. There is not a thing that The Upper House have not thought of here - personalized iPods, luxurious & plentiful toiletries, complimentary room refreshments, iPad check-in, even complimentary weekend yoga! The attention to detail, quality of design & beyond 5-star service are complimented by the exceptional Cafe Grey restaurant & bar, making it complete and utter luxury. Even the smallest rooms on offer give the feeling of your own apartment!! Both Marcel and Nicholas looked after us generously throughout our stay - with early check in, late check out, personal messages & complimentary gifts - we didn't want to leave. I hope to return very soon, there's simply nothing else like it.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Danielle M

We appreciate your kind review and are glad to hear that your stay with us was a memorable one. It is wonderful to know that you did not want to leave anymore, especially since you call also Hong Kong your home.
Please do return soon for another weekend getaway and let me know if I may assist with anyting.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

A great hotel our favorite

Great design and features everything is good about the Upper House

Stayed: April 2012

Many thanks for your review. We are happy to know that you had a pleasant stay and that you are rating us so positively.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me in the future if I may be of any assistance for any your upcoming visits at Swire Hotels.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

The hotel and staff made our Hong Kong stay of 4 nights ones to remember. We had a corner suite that was fantastic. I thought at first I would be disappointed not facing the Bay, but after seeing it at night and morning, we were definately happy. (The staff did call after about 15 minutes to say there was a cancellation of a hotel room on the Bay side. We decided to keep our suite and are so happy we did.) As the others have said, this is the best hotel ever!!!!

Room Tip: Try to stay in a corner suite on the Bay side, but if it is not available, it is fine to stay on the...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Marcel T, Manager at The Upper House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Many thanks for your tripadvisior review. To be called “the best hotel ever” is very flattering indeed. We are thrilled to hear that you had a good stay at The Upper House.
Please do contact me personally if I may ever assist you for a future reservation at The Upper House or any other Swire Hotel.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

So this was my third stay at The Upper House and it never fails to surprise and delight. From the seamless check in to the quality of the room and the service throughout TUH is undoubtedly my favourite hotel experience in the world. Cafe Gray was as buzzy and yet quality as possible; the drinks were superb and I cannot find a single area in the hotel where they can improve...maybe Nespresso machines in place of the one's in the room already?

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Marcel T, Manager at The Upper House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

Dear Angus

We are very glad to know that we are able to surprise and delight our guests even after several visits. To be considered your favorite hotel experience in the world is a great honor – many thanks that you keep coming back!
Please do let me know if may assist with any future reservation at The Upper House or any other Swire Hotels

Reviewed 12 April 2012

I have nothing but only good things to say about this hotel. Hotel and staff were in a different class from many 5 stars hotels. I give it a six star service. Have travelled to many hotels and rarely write reviews or feedback but Upperhouse desereves a special mention. For me aside on the fact they have one of the best rooms in hong kong its more their personal and professional service they provided. Their staff across the board are as accomodating as you can find from reservations to their guest experience staff. The fact the hotel is a big hotel and am sure they have a lot of people and things to attend to yet you feel like they treat you as their VIP customer and that your comfort comes first before anything else. True a fanstatic experience and because of that will be back in May.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Alvin

Many thanks again for your review. Your comment about our level of service has been shared with the team. We are happy to know that you rate us so highly.
We are looking very much forward to have you back in May 2012.

Regards,

Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed at the Upper House as a stopover when relocating permanently from London to Sydney. This place blew us away in every area of comfort, style, luxury and hospitality.
From the welcome to the farewell the Upper House was faultless. Our room was huge and the bathroom was ultimate luxury. The little self serve mini bar is a nice touch (but perhaps too tempting with free m&m's!!!). Bed was really comfy and we had heaps of room with our three year old also having her end in the studio. She had her own little pair of slippers and thought she could stay forever!
Location was superb and the staff (all of them) were every day so extremely helpful. In our departure we had the whole team waving goodbye and our daughter felt like royalty!
Seriously can't rate this place highly enough but only suggest you go there and see/experience it for yourselves.

• Stayed: September 2011
Marcel T, Manager at The Upper House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Thank you for having made the effort to write such a detailed review about your past stay at The Upper House. We appreciate it very much!
We are happy to know that your stay was faultless from arrival to departure and we have shared your comments with the entire team.
Please do contact me personally if I may assist with any future reservation at “our house” or any other Swire Hotels.