2,712 results
All reviewscafe greymaxi barguest experiencepacific placemarcel thomaandre fuopposite housetop floorhome away from homerooms are hugebest hotels in the worldespresso machinefour seasonsroom checkhong kong parkmini barluxury hotel
Reviewed July 5, 2015

This was my second stay at the Upper House with a group of girlfriends and my second visit was as good as the first, I was not disappointed.The hotel is in a great location and the rooms and bathroom are elegant and very comfortable.
What makes this hotel so special are the staff. They are all so friendly and helpful, they make you feel like you are home. They take an interest in helping with plans and are enquire about your day when your return. Nothing is too much trouble, they really try to accomodate every request.
The bar on the 49th floor has a fabulous view of Kowloon and the food and drinks are great too.
I cant wait to return. It is like no other 5 star hotel i have stayed in anywhere else.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Marcel T, General Manager at The Upper House, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2015

Thank you for sharing a review of your second experience at The Upper House here on tripadvisor.com!

I am so glad that your recent visit was just as memorable as your first! Thank you, as well, for all the kind words about our team here. Rest assured your review has already been shared with them, much to their delight.

Please do let any of us know when you return to Hong Kong, or any other locations with Swire Hotels, and we will help with all arrangements.

Reviewed July 5, 2015 via mobile

What a special place! Recommended to us by friends, the Upper House exceeded all expectations. From our check in with Olivia to the superb suite, we were constantly impressed with the room, the staff, the facilities and the food. This hotel is made so special by the attention to detail from the staff. This will not be our last visit

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your great review with the tripadvisor.com community!

I am extremely happy that your expectations were not only met, but exceeded, and that you were 'constantly impressed' with the facilities, amenities, and staff here, including Olivia.

We, too, look forward to your next visit with us! Please do let us know of future travel plans, and we will gladly assist with all arrangements.

Reviewed July 4, 2015

Stayed here for our first anniversary and it was just heavenly. Best City hotel I have ever stayed in, world-class comfort, food and service. Great views. We were upgraded to a suite which was nice. Great touches, from the toiletries to the free minibar. I struggle to think how it could be improved - thanks for such a memorable weekend

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Marcel T, General Manager at The Upper House, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2015

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us for such an important celebration!

I am so glad that your time here was made more memorable with the room's 'comfort', 'views', and the many 'great touches' throughout our 'House'. All the best to the two of you, and we do hope that there are many more celebrations with us!

Please do let us know of future plans to stay at The Upper House, or any other Swire Hotels, and we will ensure your next experience to be just as 'heavenly'.

Reviewed July 3, 2015

This is my second trip to Hong Kong in 2 years, with the food being the main attraction that gets me to go back again and again. Prior to the trip, we searched online for a hotel that combines both quality service and comfort, and upper house gained rave reviews from all sources.
The first impression of Upper House is how the price is comparable to all other great hotels, but the room is much bigger. Not only is it bigger, but it gives a feeling that the room is bespoke and much warmer than the classic hotels room. We were also checked in the room itself, with the receptionist introducing the various aspects of the room and also the special offers that we receive as a package of the room.
The lady in charge of this job for us was Miss Kalista Li, and her service was exceptional. She exuded a sense of warmth and made us feel at home right at the start. She also took service to the next level by helping us make reservations for restaurants that were some of the best we tried, even though we only asked for her help on information gathering. Her ability to gauge the customers' tastes and likes, and the initiative to serve is one of the best in the business. She would also take time off her break to tend to us and make us feel at home, guaranteeing this trip to be one to be remembered.
Coupling a great design of the rooms, and the personalized service that made us feel special and valued, I fully recommend Upper House as a go-to hotel if you are hanging around Hong Kong Island.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that is on the lower floors so you do not get disturbed by the restaurant
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful review with the tripadvisor.com community!

You are more than right in that Hong Kong's food warrants a trip in itself! With new restaurants always opening, it's a great place to return to again and again. I am also very happy to read that your stay here was made memorable by Kalista, who we have been fortunate to have on her internship.

Please do let us know of any future plans to return to Hong Kong, or any other city with Swire Hotels, and we will gladly assist with any reservations needed. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed July 2, 2015 via mobile

This is my first review on Trip advisor though I travel 70 pct of the time. Upper House is by far the best hotel experience one could dream of having. Their standard of excellence is one which very few - if any - hotels around the world can match.

Where does one start - perhaps from check in - where you are immediately greeted by name and escorted to your room for check in. It genuinely feels like arriving home with the personal attention and care which Marcel Toma and his team deliver one that is consistent and impressive - always aiming to make sure that your stay, evening , shopping , meeting or dinner experience is a seamless one.

The rooms are spectacular from the smallest studios to the suites . Floor to ceiling windows reveal spectacular views either towards the Peak and the rich vegetation or the harbour. Both sides are quite spectacular though I do prefer overlooking water. The size of the smallest room compares to that of a junior suite of most 5 star hotels. The size of the bathroom is bigger than most deluxe size rooms. The decor by Andre Fu is harmonious and zen - after ten years the rooms look fresh and inviting and service remains immaculate. The bathroom amenities with a line by Ren will surprise you - from eye gel to bath oil everything for the customer's comfort is carefully planned and thought out.

The bar is stocked with soft drinks from coconut water, energizing drinks to beer all of which are complimentary. The icing on the cake are also the snacks (also for free) from pepperidge farm chocolate Milano cookies to smoked almonds.

Cafe Gray on top of the building offers spectacular views of HK . The food is innovative and delicious. Every time I step out of the hotel for a meal I come back thinking "why bother leaving the hotel - The bills tend to be more expensive - the food not as good - without the service - or the views". If you love cosmos the bar mixes probably the best ones in Asia.

The standard of excellence that upper house has established is an admirable one - it is one that has been consistent throughout the many years I have stayed there. It is always such a joy to stay there and a sadness to leave. I could not more highly recommend the experience .

Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank RobertT2400

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful and glowing review, describing your many visits with us over the years.

It is always such pleasure to have you with us, and we are always looking forward to your next visit. We can't thank you enough for your continued support and patronage.

As always, please do let me know when I am able to assist with your next booking, and we will ensure your next visit is just as memorable as your previous ones.