All reviews ocean park causeway bay side entrance hong kong station mountain view free shuttle bus service stanley market hotel shuttle modern hotel bus stop central area spacious room higher floor house keeping checking in by hong kong standards noodles
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Rooms are very good, spacious and clean. Problems are two-fold; firstly location - the hotel is in a nondescript area with no facilities nearby. On both occasions we attempted to use the hotel coach service into town it was full; (we did however use it in the other direction).Secondly the restaurant / eating facilities - there is no facility to have a snack other than by using room service. Quality of Western food at breakfast left something to be desired.

1  Thank whitchurchrambler
Reviewed December 31, 2011

The hotel is new, very clean and staffs are very friendly.
The room we stayed was a city view on the 9th floor directly above the highway but perhaps because of thick window glass the street noise was not big enough to be annoying.
The room was spacious for a Hongkong hotel and the bed was king-sized, not queen, and very comfortable.
Free wi-fi was also good.
A hotel of same standard in Central or Kowloon would cost nearly double, so it is worth staying here even you pay for taxis everyday. (Of course there are free shuttle services if you’re not in a hurry)
Taxi fare to Central area, about HKD60 –80, to the airport HKD350 including surcharge.

Contrary to other reviews, we found that there are some restaurants and a seven eleven in the vicinity.
The hotel is built on a slope, so the main entrance is on the 4th floor (facing Tong Bin Lane to the north), reception desk on the 5th, and the back entrance is on the 1st floor facing Wong Chuk Hang Road to the South.
If you go out from the back entrance on the 1st floor, there is a decent Chinese restaurant just next door on your left, open for breakfast and lunch only.
If you cross the street from here there is an eatery directly opposite, also open for breakfast and lunch only.
If you walk eastward a little toward Ocean Park from here and turn right at the ESSO gas station into a small pedestrian alley, you will find a Seven Eleven on the ground floor of One Island South bldg (3-min-walk). There is also a Starbuck café in the same bldg.

The hotel is quite convenient if you visit Ocean Park.
(You can buy entrance tickets at 10% off at hotel reception. Also, the ticket was for two-day entry at the price of one day ticket)
The hotel provides shuttle services, but the last one from the park leaves before 8pm, before the sound and light show at 8pm. (which is quite spectacular!!)
A large number of people go out from the park at once after viewing this show at about 8:20pm, so it is difficult to catch taxis or buses.
But rather than queuing long time for a taxi, you can just walk about 15-20 minutes straight back to the hotel.

The only drawback I noticed was that when I bought Ocean Park tickets at the hotel reception and paid by Master Card issued in Japan, they charged in JPY, not HKD, and the conversion rate was very bad.
I don’t know if the hotel uses the same bad rate for foreign issued credit cards all the time, but beware when you pay a large bill by a foreign credit card.
(We prepaid the room charge on Expedia)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Kamesan
Reviewed December 27, 2011

I'm glad I choose this hotel for our trip.
I booked this hotel through AsiaWebDirect and got a good deal even though it's the Holiday season. We were given a City Room on the 22nd floor. The room was big, and still looks fresh. The TV channels were a little short, but no complaints since we are outside most of the time. The concierge were nice and easy to talk with. We tried eating breakfast one time, and it was good. The buffet food served was nothing palette-blowing but it was cheap at HKD100+ per person. and there are many choices, even cereals. The housekeeping is nice, they leave things as it is and just neat up the ones that are messy, which is good for me.
The location is kind of far, but seeing as there's an MTR work on the way, as soon as the station near there is done I think people will frequent this hotel more. But no worries, as their free shuttle bus are always on time, on the dot if you asked me. If it leaves at 7, it really leaves at exactly 7. And the frequency of the trips is good.
With all that I can say that the reservation was worth it.
One more thing that made me really fond of this hotel is that whenever I send them mail regarding my reservation, their response is prompt and clear.
I highly recommend this hotel, specially to those who wants to visit Ocean Park, as they also offer tickets to the park, we got our 2-day pass at HKD250 something, maybe 258, cheaper than the one-day pass you can get from the park itself.

Room Tip: Choose a city room, around the 22nd floor. it's just a floor below the aqua rooms, and you can already see one part of the Ocean Park from there.
Reviewed December 25, 2011

We visited Hong Kong during the first week of December. I was a little hesitant in booking this hotel for its off-beat location. However, I must say that the location is more than compensated with the great shuttle service. We used the shuttle service extensively and never had any issues .
Moreover, OcenPark is just across and the Peak is also nearby. The Abradeen fishing village is also close.

The rooms were of a decent size (I was warned that hotel rooms in HK are really small), in a city where space is at premium. The service was pretty good. We didn't try the restaurant primarily due to lack of vegetarian options.

Please do remember to buy the Ocean Park tickets from the hotel. They are not only cheap but are valid for two days of consecutive entry into the Park.

We also enjoyed late night shopping and could comfortably get back in time using the shuttle from Central.

1  Thank Amit S
Reviewed December 6, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for two nights during our first ever visit to Hong Kong.

The room was very comfortable and was a nice size. The hotel is far away from all the action but it is easy to get to an from by the shuttle bus, local buses or taxi. The price is excellent, well below any hotel in central Hong Kong. It is great value for the money paid and I would definitely recommend it to others. There is a well equipped fitness center, a pool, and other amenities and you pay very low prices for luxury accommodations.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple