“Great Hotel within walking distance of Ocean Park”

L'hotel Island South
Ranked #118 of 725 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 11 September 2017

This hotel is easy to reach being a couple of stops south on MTR from Admiralty station close to Central and within walking distance of Ocean Park. Clean, smart, good service and plenty of car parking if you need it. The rooms are quite large with bath in bathroom and very comfy bed. The pool is outdoor and a good size with shallow kiddies section. Free good wi-fi and pleasant dining room, a great stay for a 4 day break.

Room Tip: high floor looking over Ocean Park gives a nice open view
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rbuckell
StanleyTsang2017, Manager at L'hotel Island South, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Dear rbuckell,

Thank you for giving us a “5-star” rating with “Great Hotel within walking distance of Ocean Park” review on TripAdvisor platform about your recent stay at L’hotel Island South. We are glad to know that your staying experience was perfect especially the convenient location which have lived up to your expectations. It is always great that our guests care to recognize us for a job well done and it is my great pleasure to share your comments with the team.

When you plan for a return, please do try our famous seafood buffet dinner at LIS Café. Meanwhile, please do check out our exclusive direct booking offers on our hotel website and you can also reserve our Aqua room or Suite room to enjoy more spacious and a better stay.

Please feel free to contact me or Mr Nelson Poon, our Rooms Division Manager, direct for your next visit so that we could make your next trip a wonderful stay too.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to L’hotel Island South soon.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

We (my wife and I) are long term guests and have experienced a wonderful stay at L'Hotel. The staff are friendly and accommodating. The rooms and facilities clean. The cafe / restaurant serve great food: both a la carte and buffet nightly. Our stay has truly been a "home away from home". The only inconvenience is that the pool is open only from April to October. However the attached gym is open all year round with friendly, well trained gym instructors.

Room Tip: Room with hill view is quieter. Room on 1st floor has balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Reb W
StanleyTsang2017, Manager at L'hotel Island South, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear Reb W,

Thank you for giving us a “5-star” rating with “Home Away From Home” review on TripAdvisor platform about your recent stay at L’hotel Island South. We are glad to know that your staying experience was excellent especially our friendly & well trained Gym Trainers which have lived up to your expectations. It is always great that our guests care to recognize us for a job well done and it is my great pleasure to share your comments with the team.

When you plan for a return, please do check out our exclusive direct booking offers on our hotel website and you can also reserve our Aqua room or Suite room to enjoy more spacious and a better stay.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

The Fitness facilities in L'Hotel Island South top of the range, with floor to ceiling window and a view overlooking swimming pool and greenery. Trainers (namely Evis, Frankie and Mo) in the Fitness centre are extremely friendly and have no hesitation on giving training advice throughout the day.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank PPP3004
StanleyTsang2017, Manager at L'hotel Island South, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear PPP3004,

Thank you for giving us a “5-star” rating with “Great Fitness Facilities and Trainers” review on TripAdvisor platform about your recent stay at L’hotel Island South. We are glad to know that your staying experience was perfect especially our friendly Trainers – Evis, Frankie & Mo which have lived up to your expectations. It is always great that our guests care to recognize us for a job well done and it is my great pleasure to share your comments with the team.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

For those who will make the south side of the island the center of your activities, L'Hotel is the ideal hotel for you. Well appointed with a great breakfast selection of both asian and continental food. Rooms are large and despite being a bit older well maintained. We especially like the adjoining family rooms which has a common exterior door making this an enlarge family suite. I believe there is one per floor of this type. Much quieter than the central part of the city. Food wise we ate an italian pizza place around the corner and once at thai-vietnemese food court a few blocks away which is open late. It is also a short walk to the Aberdeen Marina Club.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
StanleyTsang2017, Manager at L'hotel Island South, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear michaelcR1119RP,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor platform about your recent stay at L’hotel Island South. We are glad to know that your staying experience was almost perfect especially our spacious room and it is always great that our guests care to recognize us for a job well done which is my great pleasure to share your comments with the team.

When you plan for a return visit, please do try our LIS Café on P3 which offers buffet and a-la-carte options for breakfast, lunch and famous seafood buffet dinner. Meanwhile, please do check our exclusive direct booking offers on our hotel website and you can also reserve our Aqua room or Suite room to enjoy more personal space and a better stay with us.

Meanwhile, please feel free to contact me or Mr Nelson Poon, our Rooms Division Manager, direct so that we could make your next trip a 5-star perfect stay.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

My friend and I stayed here for three nights. The hotel was modern, clean and spacious. However, the location was odd. There was nothing nice around the hotel in terms of food or shops.
We paid for breakfast on our final morning before our flight back to England, and it was disappointing. Aside from costing nearly £12 each, the food was often cold with little western selection.
The staff, however, were lovely. The coffee machine in the reception area was a really nice touch.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chancey19
StanleyTsang2017, Manager at L'hotel Island South, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear Chancey19,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor platform about your recent stay at L’hotel Island South. We are glad to know that your staying experience was overall satisfied especially our lovely staff and it is always great that our guests care to recognize us for a job well done which is my great pleasure to share your comments with the team. Also, please be informed that MTR The South Island Line has been launched on December 28, 2016, it only takes approximately 5-minutes’ ride from Admiralty Station to Wong Chuk Hang Station and 5-minutes’ walk to our hotel.

In the meantime, we would like to extend our sincere apologies that the breakfast condition we were unable to meet with your expectations and it has been a topic of discussion with the concerned department heads and we will make our utmost efforts to improve the situation.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

I spent an entire month of May 2017 in Hong Kong. I traveled to different places but I kept coming back to L’hotel Island South. I thoroughly enjoy my stay there. I tried many different hotels in Hong Kong, but this hotel has great value for the very reasonable rate. It is perfectly clean and very spacious. The lobby has a very large and comfortable lounge area where a guest can relax and enjoy the great amenities of complimentary coffee, cappuccino, espresso and tea. The room is also very spacious and I had a fabulous view. There is excellent internet service throughout the entire hotel, in the room, in the lobby, and everywhere else in the hotel.

The hotel has a very good restaurant, a bar and lounge. Perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Also the bar and lounge was perfect for a relaxing drink. A great attraction was the gym and the outdoor swimming pool. It was an absolute delight to spend an afternoon lounging around the poolside. Everything was in perfect condition.

The hotel is not located in the center of Hong Kong. It is slightly out of the way. But the MTR transportation system in Hong Kong is excellent. And I had no problem getting there. But it would really be helpful if the hotel offered a shuttle service to various popular places in Hong Kong.

But the best part of the hotel is its service, from the cleaning staff, to the concierge, to the managers. Everyone was extremely helpful and very courteous. I traveled alone on this trip and the hotel staff made me feel like home even though this is a large hotel. But I give special thanks to the Manager who attended to me with such great care and attention. His name was Nelson Poon. He made my stay a very memorable experience. He offered help and information to make my stay in Hong Kong very comfortable and exciting. Thank you Mr. Poon. I will definitely return to this hotel every time I come to Hong Kong. You are my home away from home.

I highly recommend this hotel to all my friends and to anyone who wants to visit Hong Kong.

Stayed: May 2017
1  Thank HenryEng2017
StanleyTsang2017, Manager at L'hotel Island South, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Dear HenryEng2017,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor platform about your recent stay at L’hotel Island South. We are glad to know that your staying experience was almost perfect especially our Rooms Division Manager – Mr Nelson Poon who attended to you with such great care and attention during your stay and it is always great that our guests care to recognize us for a job well done which is my great pleasure to share your comments with the team.

In fact, we hope that any of your future visits will be as good as this one. Please feel free to contact me or Nelson for any assistance you may need.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

This must be our 4th time staying at this hotel. I will state our reasons for choosing this, despite it being quite remote from restaurants and shops:

1. The room is huge; large enough for us both, upon opening our 3 large luggage, to walk around the room comfortably, not as crowded crabs. Bliss!
2. Mere 6 minutes' (I timed it, and I have fairly short legs. Think "hobbit".) walk to Wong chuk hang mtr exit b.
3. Quiet, if you request for a corner high-floor room.
4. King-size comfy bed.
5. Affordable rate. We booked and paid for our room via hotels.com for an average 61 to 78 euro per night.

Tips: always call the hotel a day before your arrival, confirming your booking and request(s) (eg quiet, corner room) and approximate arrival time.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peggy S
StanleyTsang2017, Manager at L'hotel Island South, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Dear Peggy S,

It is our honour to serve you again at L’hotel Island South! Thank you for giving us a “5-star” rating with “Space and more space” review on TripAdvisor platform. We are glad to know that your staying experience at L’hotel Island South was excellent especially our room is large enough which have lived up to your expectations. It is always great that our guests care to recognize us for a job well done and it is my great pleasure to share your comments with the team.