The only reason why I did not rate L Hotel Island South as excellent is because I know the price is going to change once the hotel gains its full potential. As a brand new hotel, the prices were only around 500HKD when I was traveling which is some 300-500 below market price and a veritable bargain.
I stayed a total of 3 or 4 nights in a few separate occasions and I have been extremely pleased every time. The hotel itself is situated in Aberdeen which is a bit off if you visit Hong Kong as a tourist, but the hotel is right next to a bus stop, the taxis in HK are very cheap and the hotel offers free shuttle bus services to central. The restaurant was not yet operational when I traveled and as such we took a taxi to the heart of Aberdeen to have some nice local cuisine.
The rooms are extremely comfortable. As a new hotel, there is nothing bad to say about the rooms and the cleanliness and the look of the hotel itself. 30sqm (ard 300sqft) is well enough for two people and somewhat luxurious in HK. I had both the hillview and the cityview rooms and both have fairly nice views, but nothing too spectacular.
What I really appreciated at L Island South was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. If anyone at Island South is reading this review, I would like to express my gratitude for outstanding service that I got each and every time (even the time when I almost PK'd in the lobby and the clerk couldn't stop laughing)
The luxurious service along with spacious and cozy rooms make Island South one of the best hotels I have stayed in HK even though the location is not the best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uniquely located in the southern district of Hong Kong Island, the contemporary L’hotel Island South is the development of the Chinachem Group. This 37-storey hotel offers 432 spacious and design-led guestrooms and suites that are redefining conventional notions of comfort and style. As a convenience for today's global travelers, L'hotel Island South provides complimentary Wi-Fi internet connection and an array of other advanced technologies, plus superb meeting and banquet venues, a gymnasium and an outdoor pool that offer green vistas, and comprehensive business support. Complementing all of these is an eco-friendly attitude as well as a smart casual service style from our friendly and highly dynamic hotel crew. Whether for business or leisure, guests also enjoy quick and easy access to the territory's prime business, shopping, dining and entertainment hubs as well as a host of nice beaches, nature parks, plus heritage and cultural trails along the southern end of Hong Kong Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your L'hotel Island South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Hotel Island South Hotel Hong Kong
- L'Hotel Island South Hong Kong