“Wonderful Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Sydney, Australia
“Wonderful Hotel”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

My wife and I have just completed a 7 night stay at the Hotel Icon and we loved it.

We booked the hotel onthe strength of its reviews in Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed.
In fact the Icon surpassed our expectations. The service and staff were excellent and the staff were without exception all very friendly and eager to help.

We booked a club harbour view room that included breakfast and access to the club "perks" on the 28 th floor. As a club booking you're entitled to a complimentary afternoon tea from 3 to 5 and complimentary drinks or should I say open bar from 6 to 8 pm ... We spent quite a bit of time after 6 pm drinking French champagne :)

The buffet breakfast at the "Market" was really exceptional.

Our only hesitation in booking this hotel was its location, as it is a little way from the heart of Kowloon , but we found that this was not a problem as it is less than a 10 minute walk to Tsim ShaTsui station and Nathan road. The real bonus is that it is situated next to a series of shopping complexes that are surrounded by open plazas with many restaurants and bars, all without the hustle and bustle of Kowloon Central.

Loved the hotel ... Don't pass up the opportunity to stay there, you will not regret it.

Ps also found the hotel and rooms to be very quiet ....nice :)

Room Tip: We had a Harbour view room looking that had perfect Harbour views but did not include the centre of...
1 Thank WilciSelf

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,564)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed 26 February 2012

My husband and 2 teenagers stay 3 days there at the Club floor. Everything was perfect: design,rooms, beds, pillows menu but the most exceptional is the service. From the beginning, everybody took care of us as we were the only guests (and it was obviously not the case). Since the location is not the best in Kowloon (Kowloon is a beautiful zone in HK) they provided also, a free shuttle bus. Easy to go there by Train from or too the airport in combination with another free shuttle bus to the station, where you can also make the check in and check your luggage to the majority of airlines.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Checked in for 2 nights into a club 36 room and it was fantastic. Great service , delicious breakfast, spacious rooms with a great bed an amzing shower !! The above and beyond club lounge in the evening and the amazing views made our stay well worth it.

Would stay here again and would recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing time in Hong Kong.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 25 February 2012

My wife and I stayed at Hotel ICON during a recent stopover in Hong Kong for two nights, and were very happy with our stay.

Service at the hotel is exceptional. It appears to be attached to a hospitality school, and the hotel is swarming with many young, very keen and attentive staff. They really go out of their way to make your stay comfortable. Check-in / check-out were smooth and they are helpful in porting bags to rooms, getting cabs, recommending restaurants, and writing down addresses in Cantonese for cab drivers. Everyone was very friendly.

We had a harbour view king room. The rooms are very modern, clean, with good quality fixtures. View of the harbour from our 17th floor room was decent (albeit partially obstructed - the location is not as good as the Intercontinental or Peninsula). Free wifi and mini-bar were nice touches. Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom is nice and modern, with a separate walk-in shower and bath - although the shower is a bit of an awkward shape and sprays out onto the mat slightly.

Common areas - including the restaurants, health club and lobby are great. We had breakfast at marketplace, which has a large breakfast spread with Asia, European, and North American options available, as well as tasty baked goods. Prices are high, but not unusual for higher end hotels. Health club on the 9th floor is one of the nicest I've seen, with good views out over the infinity pool and harbour. Lobby is spacious, modern, and has a couple of very cool vertical gardens.

Location - is just ok. It's in Kowloon, and is about 15-20 mins by foot from the ferry to central. There is a free hotel shuttle every 20 mins to the Peninsula, which is right by the ferry. If you're ok with a bit of walking, it's not a bad spot, and it's close to tons of high end shopping for those that are so inclined. Airport is about 20 mins by taxi (which was only 200-275 HKD).

We looked at a number of high end hotel options in Hong Kong. You can probably get a slightly higher end room and slightly better location / views at other 5-star options like the Peninsula, Four Seasons, etc - but the prices are much higher at those hotels (at least when we booked). Within its price range, we found Hotel ICON to be really exceptional, with fantastic service.

Room Tip: Request a high floor.
1 Thank rob2002
Austria
Reviewed 24 February 2012

This hotel exceeded ALL of our expectations. (Couple in our 40's)

We just LOVED the design - it's not often you find a hotel in the middle of a busy city with such generous use of space in the public areas. Our room size was more than adequate and space cleverly used. The attention to detail and design is too expansive to start listing here. It's just.....top!

The fab view from The ICON gym could convince even Homer Simpson into jumping onto an exercise bike! In the (heated) pool you feel like the HK skyline is at your fingertips!

Staff are very perceptive and the hotel's care for late-departing guests is second to none. That, for us, left a great impression.

Recommendation: Friday night dinner in The Market restaurant where the head chef turns a 40 kilo whole tuna into sashimi right before our eyes. Excellent! The whole buffet can be recommended. And we normally aren't particularly 'fans' of buffet dining.

Well done Hotel Icon. Keep up the excellent work. Next time we're back in funky HK we'll DEFINITELY be back.

Amsterdam
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I stayed here on my own recently to unwind after running the Hong Kong Marathon, needed a place where you could just spend the whole day in case the muscles didn't recover soon enough. I read the rave reviews on ICON, saw good rates vs other 5-star properties in HK, and decided to give them a go. I'm very happy I did!

+ great customer service. Felt really well looked after, check in was really smooth
+ lounge/bar on the top floor was comfortable and drinks were good :-)
+ the room, I took the standard one, was already huge for HK standards. Bathroom with walk-in shower was really good!
+ 'rooftop' pool on the 9th floor - so not completely the roof, but the pool was clean and heated and did give a lovely view of the skyline
+ free wifi that worked well
+ breakfast buffet selection was good and of good quality but expensive (I only sat there once)

- it's about 10-15 min. walk from central Tsim Sha Tsui, so not the most central hotel. The hotel mentions that Hung Hom MTR station is closest, however this station does not offer the best connections. You're better off making the longer walk to TST MTR for connections with other parts of Kowloon and HK Island.
- the gentleman at checkout got pretty worried when I casually asked about travel times to the airport via different options, as I aimed to be there 1,45hrs before my short flight. Luckily I know HK very well so I was very relaxed, but I guess it would've freaked me out if I didn't know better. My advice: stay calm :-)
- I always mention this regardless of the hotel, but I do think asking the equivalent of €20+ for breakfast is a big minus. I'll state the reasons again: 1. you pay enough as it is for a room in such a hotel to expect a better priced morning service, 2. it's wasteful - because many people choose to eat at other places instead, a lot of food gets chucked away and I'm sure there aren't too many hotels who donate their unwanted food to the homeless just yet, 3. if it were say up to €12 a day for such a breakfast, I and many people I know would much quicker decide to have breakfast at the hotel, meaning a larger profit for the hotel...right? This is not so much a minus directly aimed at ICON but all hotels that still charge silly prices.

Would I stay here again? I'd definitely have it in my permanent list of preferred HK hotels!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We stayed in Hotel Icon from Feb 17-21 in the 19th floor facing the harbor. This time we chose to stay away from TST West. Hotel Icon was a fabulous find. The distance to TST West is not a problem if one loves to walk and is familiar with the pedestrian subway to Nathan Road. Otherwise they offer a free shuttle to the TST West. Harbor view is magnificent especially at night. Service and staff are one of the best so far. Breakfast has a good spread with good choices. Bedrooms are modern and clean with comfortable bed and pillows. Bathroom is the best, I love the huge rain shower. Overall, Hotel Icon lives up to its fabulous rating.

Room Tip: Harbor view is a good choice. Request one from the upper floors where the view is magnificent at nig...