“Amazing Amazing Amazing!!!!”

Ranked #5 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Sydney, Australia
“Amazing Amazing Amazing!!!!”
Reviewed 17 May 2012 via mobile

What can I say, we stayed here for 4 days and this hotel is awesome... We have stayed in alot of hotels over the years, certainly some which are more $$$, but Hotel Icon has everything worked out and is a must stay in HK.

The staffs attention to detail is so precise. They can not do enough for you... They really make the little things count.

The hotel provides sweat bands for jogging and a map, along with its free mini bar and the Timeless room you can use if early for your room or your plane has been delayed etc...
The location is pretty good to, not to far from the heart of Hong Kong either walking or taxi.

I had my birthday when here and we came back to a birthday cake in our room with a card signed by several staff...

The pool and gym are great with a view over the harbour.

We stayed in the Harbour View 36 which was really nice, great bathroom and comfy bed.

If you get a chance eat at Above and Byond restaurant in the hotel. I never eat in hotel restaurants but this is a must. Fine dining with a awesome view. The sucking pig is the best I have ever had!!!

All in all, we seriously could not fault them at all...a great stay and we will be back....

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,566)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Victoria
Reviewed 17 May 2012

My friend and I recently stayed at Hotel Icon for 5 Nights, on a girls trip to Hong Kong. I can't not recommend this hotel highly enough. From the minute we arrived we were looked after! The facilities are excellent, the standard of room was fantastic. We stayed in a club 36 room with a harbour view. The Above & Beyond Lounge for afternoon tea and happy hours drinks was delightful. I would definately stay at the Icon again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Brighttravellers
Mexico
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Perhaps not in its construction and architecture a 5 star hotel but in service and attention is a 6 stars, staff, janitors, masters and waiters are attentive and always magnificent, though small spa and massage Service are exceptional two days pass very comfortable and I recommend it very much. When I come back to Hong Kong I will stay again
The food at the restaurants is very good as well as its Service and the spectacular view of the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose with harbor view
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Just returned from absolutely brilliant stay at the Icon in Hong Kong. Stayed 4 nights in a Club room on 25th floor, and I would thoroughly recommend paying the extra for the Club Harbour View. The room itself was very impressive, excellent comfy bed, glorious bathroom (with TV at end of bath) and fantastic view. The extra amenities in the Club Lounge (28th Floor) worth it for the free drinks and snacks 6 - 8 each evening, not to mention the afternoon tea. Great open air pool on 9th floor, very helpful staff. I cannot think of a single negative thing to say

Room Tip: Go for the Club Harbour View - worth every penny
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Australia
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Booked this hotel several months ago when it was still very new & didn't even have a ranking on Trip Advisor. As such I think I may have got a better deal on our room than what it may cost now.
We spent one night there in May 2012 as part of a stopover in Hong Kong.
The second we arrived at the hotel, there were plenty of porters on hand to grab our luggage & the innitial impression of the foyer is 'wow' with a fantastic art deco inspired spiral staircase & huge living plant wall. This hotel is used for training Hospitality staff & this was great as there are staff everywhere & all of the ones we came across including the ones at check in seemed really young & enthusiastic & eager to please. We were given a room on the 11th floor which had amazing sweeping views of the Hong Kong Skyline & the local surrounding Kowloon skyline. The large room was possibly the best hotel room I have ever stayed in. Everything felt really modern, sleek, luxurious & state of the art, with lots of little extras such as free snacks & soft drinks in the Mini Bar. The outdoor pool deck on level 9 has an amazing view once again & was just a really nice area to spend time in. Also, on this level is a lounge where you can chill with free snacks while waiting for your flight after you have checked out or before checking in if early. It really seems as though they have thought of everything here. The location was great & if you catch the train from the airport there is a free corresponding shuttle bus from the local station to hotel.
This would def be my first choice for staying in Hong Kong again

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We stayed in Hotel ICON for 4 nights. When I first step into the hotel, I was impressed. Very pretty environment and friendly staffs. During check-in it was done efficiently and no more papers to check in, high tech with computerize equipments. The rooms are really nice, clean and I had a beautiful view of the harbour. I enjoyed my stay here and I will be back.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We stayed at Hotel Icon in April 2012 for four nights on a business trip. It is without any doubt the best hotel I have ever stayed in....I literally cannot make one complaint. The best part of the hotel is the staff. They will do anything for you, are incredibly courteous and accomodationg and most importantly they are friendly. Every stay when we returned to the hotel we felt like we were coming home. The rooms are beautiful and it is the Hotels attention to detail that sets it apart....from the free minibar, to the in-room printer, to the beautiful bathroom products, nothing is missed. There is nothing stiff or tacky about this hotel. It is modern, sleek and friendly. I cant wait to return. The views are amazing, the pool area is gorgeous, gym fantastic. The Market is an easy and delicious breakfast option. This is a hotel I could live in!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business