Stayed for three nights at The Mercer Hotel in the Sheung Wan district of Hong Kong.
It is very close (5 minute walk) to the Sheung Wan MTR station (in a straight line) and near the heart of many major shopping malls and interesting streets and alley ways.
This is all great if shopping is on your to do list but learning your way around the maze of streets and stair wells is quite a bit tricky. I had to use the The Oasis building which is very green as a landmark to get my bearings and after a day felt relieved I wasn't quite as lost. I had to attend the Convention Center each day and the rail system took me there without any trouble (four stops) on the rail system.
The Hotel was clean and comfortable.
A continental breakfast was served each morning in the 1st floor breakfast room. This was adequate with pastries, cereal, juice and cheese, meat and salmon offered along with chinese buns and salad. Coffee and tea as well.
Rooms offered free wi-fi and although the view wasn't anything to rave about the room was tastefully decorated and all facilities worked well.
The staff at the desk and the breakfast room were helpful and friendly as much as the Chinese ever are!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Citadines Mercer delivers contemporary luxury and comfort with large spacious rooms in the fashionable up and coming Sheung Wan area. The new boutique hotel is only 1 minute from Sheung Wan MTR station, and within easy walking distance of Central’s prime business, shopping and dining locations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Citadines Mercer Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mercer Hotel Hong Kong
- Citadines Mercer Hong Kong