See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 3, 2015

Honestly, I don't know if this can be considered as a hotel. Firstly, it's just one unit in a highrise building and has like only 5-6 rooms to let out. The name Golden Palace is a total misnomer... in reality, there is nothing golden or palace-y about the place. The building is an old building along Nathan Road, which is a main thoroughfare and there are plenty of shops and eateries and the Mong Kok MTR station is just a short walk away. But the building is rather rundown, and the lift is a relic of the 1970s-1980s. There's a rather surly guard at the building's entrance. The "hotel" reception was not lighted and when I called out, a lady seemed to pop out of nowhere at all. She only speaks Cantonese/ Mandarin, so if you are not able to converse in these 2 dialects, I don't recommend you to stay here. But she was helpful and was quite chatty. She also gave me advice not to come back too late at night for my safety. I was given a key to the main door downstairs as she told me the doors will be locked after 830pm. However the key was a bit difficult to turn in the lock, and fortunately the door guard let me in after I told him I was staying at the Golden Palace. The room is nothing much to shout about, as it's quite small and cramped and the furnitures are quite old and shabby. The kettle had stale water left in it. The drinking cups were coated with dust, but the bed had reasonably clean sheets on it and the aircond was working. The room I had did not have any window, and the only window was the one in the attached bathroom. There is no hot water in the shower so don't visit during winter. No towels/ toiletries provided. Throughout my stay, I had the impression that I was the only one in the whole "hotel" unit (except for the reception lady, whom I never saw during the day). I would prefer to stay elsewhere on my next visit.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Mong Kok mtr station exit at A1
Make a right on Nathan road (5 yards & 5 min walk) look for
695 Nathan road
Take elevator to 5 th floor
Ring the bell and the owners will check you in.
You will receive a Building key(for the front entrance gate for after 9:30pm) with electronic lock access codes to your room .
Please have an open mind when seeing the room for the first time. it is very basic HK accommodations: Room is 7x7 feet(one person only) With twin bed("Hard" mattress) small desk, socket converter, Free WiFi, ice cold AC, flat screen TV and two small windows(no safe)
Bathroom is 5x5 : shower(super hot water) toilet ,small sink toothbrush/paste and clean towels.

Overall stay: the owners were gracious and patient. The room was tiny and clean. Large luggage's will take up ur entire room(u wont be able to walk) . The hotel is centrally located with tons of shops, malls and food . I would stay here again .

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank SoloJoe
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very near about everywhere. From shopping area, MTR, resto, money changer, down to convenience store. The room is pretty much bigger than what is shown in the photos. Clean room and bathroom at an affordable and great price. You may ask the lady attendant for a towel because its not provided in the room. I would definitely go back here.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We had a reservation for 6 nights 5 days on the second day of Lunar New Year.When we reached the Golden Palace Hotel , we showed the confirmed letter to the lady that we had booked two rooms but she said there was no such things and the way she talked was very rude.The day was getting dark and we could not find any rooms in nearby hotels.we walked for a long distance.Later we went in the police station to report the case.The policeman helped us to find rooms.Fnally he found two rooms in Lantau Island.When we reached there it was 12 midnight.
Finally I would like to say that don't ever go to Golden Palace Hotel!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We had a reservation for 4 nights. Got into HK very late and only by chance found the entrance (it was closed already). A girl staying in the hotel helped us find the reception and it was good she was there: the lady at the reception didn't speak any English!!! The girl translated and explained, that the hotel was fully booked and that we had to go to another hotel for the night. She would pick us up again the next day to show us our room for the rest of the stay.
Since we were tired, we didn't argue and went with the lady. The hotel room was very cheap and small. We slept ok and at 10am the lady from the Golden Palace came to pick us up to bring us to yet another hotel. No one spoke English and it was an even worse place. We talked to a long time resident there and found out that it was about the third of the price we paid at the Golden Palace Hotel.
Luckily a friend of mine in HK, who had a Chinese girlfriend could help us complain, otherwise there wouldn't have been a chance of letting the lady know that we weren't happy. All of a sudden, there was a room in the Golden Palace Hotel availabe - very interesting. But we didn't want it. We wanted the money back. With the help of our HK friends we got the money back and could stay at their tiny place, but we were very disappointed in the Golden Palace Hotel - what a rip off and to fool tourists like that knowing that they couldn't complain, not right at all!!!
Wouldn't recommend anybody to stay there!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple