All reviewspopcorn mallcrowne plazatseung kwan o mtr stationshopping mallihg memberbreakfast is servedopposite hotelsea viewself service laundrydirect busbig mallfree breakfastsame buildingshower areayogurtexit croom amenities
Reviewed March 28, 2017 via mobile

This was my second visit to this hotel in 2017. Although I tried to check in before noon, i was told that there was no room available. An hour later, the hotel staff tried to call me when the room was available. Kudos for such services. And there was also the welcome drink. The check in was swift and the room, as usual, was clean and tidy. The daily housekeeping was up to standard and the check out was smooth. The free breakfast buffet appeared to improve from the ones I had before few years back in terms of variety. Of course, one has to be realistic and should not compared to breakfast offered by 4 or 5 star hotels. And there was a dining section specially for IHG members. There were additional few breakfast dishes for IHG members. To be frank, I could not find any adverse comment to feedback. Well done to the hotel staff and keep up the good works.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2017

great location, great service, value breakfast, nice room on upper floor with some sea view. however room aircon too cold at night, and difficult to operate, can't turn it off at the first night. and the rest was great.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Carlos S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express HONG KONG KOWLOON EAST, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2017

Dear Aaron N

Thank you very much for choosing Holiday Inn Express Hong Kong Kowloon East and share your experience with us.

We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us, please do not hesitate to our Guest Services team for any assistance required during the stay, we are pleased to serve you. Your constructive comment strive us to provide a perfect service, we hope to have another opportunity for us to serve you at our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Best regards
Holiday Inn Express Hong Kong Kowloon East

Reviewed March 16, 2017

hotel was good, room was clean on first floor there is popcorn mall so you can do shopping and mall around floor mar station . only drawback is far from city central , but this part of Hong Kong is also very good hotel staff is ok , when you ask them something they don't proper guide you and seem like they don't have and interest in you , they always busy in there selves they don't even greet greet you in the morning or when you return to hotel when you say hello than they say hello , hotel terrace is very good view from terrace is very nice , for breakfast you have to go in next hotel building , breakfast is ok not too much options, if you get bored you can explore mall which is on 1 st floor good mall for shopping and food ,
over all good hotel trip advisor don't have good option thats why I am choosing very good ,
dont expect too much

Stayed: March 2017
1  Thank RAJATG348
Reviewed March 10, 2017 via mobile

It was a decent stay while I traveled to Hong Kong for business. Hotel is connected with the Tseung Kwan O train station, transportation was simple and efficient. Room was clean and service team was pleasant. Such a great experience, will stay again in future.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Jubie_d
Reviewed March 2, 2017

This hotel is generally a good place to stay.
But there are some negatives:-
The place is quite far away from the city, takes time to get to the touristy places.
Also, I didn't know how the express hotels generally work in terms of service, there was nobody to help us out with our luggage, and we had 3 huge suitcases that we had to carry to and back from our room. Probably that's because of the fact that it was an express service hotel as it was told to me by the hotel staff. But I booked a room for a good price, and for that price I should have gotten the service of a staff member helping me out with my luggage, but its fine, its in the past.
May not visit again as I would want to go with a non-expressy hotel as at the similar price, I could get more services that I would expect from a hotel.

Room Tip: Far from the city, so choose wisely
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Arjun J
Carlos S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express HONG KONG KOWLOON EAST, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2017

Dear Arjun J

As the 3-star Holiday Inn Express offers travelers an easy stay experience at good value with simple facilities and neat in-room amenities. Room service and concierge service is not part of our brand standard, in order to create excellent stay experience to our guest, we offer self-served luggage trolley for our guests.

Our hotel is located atop MTR Tseung Kwan O station in which MTR would be our prioritized recommendation for travelling around the city, it takes only 15 minutes to North Point, 25 minutes to Causeway Bay and 35 minutes to Tsim Sha Tsui. Please do not hesitate to contact our Guest Services Team for more information on nearby attractions and transportation directions for your next stay.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel next year.

Best regards