1,943 results
All reviews traders hotel western district cafe malacca hku mtr station shangri la group kennedy town the club lounge rooftop pool golden circle harbour view shuttle bus top floor hotel is located hk station central area airport express rooms are small
Reviewed July 4, 2016

I have stayed at this place probably the last 10 times I've been to HK and it's great. Clean, friendly staff, taxis cost nothing in HK (but if you are tight go the MTR) so you are a stone's throw from the action. It is seriously about 10mins/5 USD in cab to central or Lan Kwai Fong, wherever. Rookies say it's too far from central but that is because they don't know the scale of the map haha.

However, one issue (and I never complain). When you push the don't disturb button you expect, funnily enough, not to be disturbed. So copping a phone call then followed by a knock on door saying "security check you didn't answer phone" and it opening doesn't quite fit the "do not disturb" criteria.

I'm all for the attitude to make the place clean and keep people happy but what if you were on a conference call or bender or something else all night and you are just trying to get some sleep??? You batten down the hatches, phone on silent, press "do not disturb" and bliss yay. Then the room phones rings, then security check.

Bye bye sleep.

Look I want to give this hotel every other push under the sun for value, hospitality etc but just ease off when says "do not disturb". Yes I had the button press for 2 days but if you just check card swipes you can see if someone has come or gone.

I was just trying to get some work done and didn't want to be disturbed. Funny that.

Will still be back next time- will just make a special request to get literal.

Room Tip: They are all good maybe ask done either end of hallway less thoroughfare.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank jtg472
Hotel_Jen_Hong_Kong, General Manager at Hotel Jen Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2016

Dear jtg472,

Thank you very much for your support throughout the years and your precious feedback. We are happy to read that you generally enjoyed the stay. Please accept my sincere apology for the disappointment. We have taken note on your comments and we will ensure the necessary improvements are made for your future visits. We hope to welcome you again in the near future!

Warm regards,

Reviewed June 30, 2016 via mobile

The hotel is right smacked in a residential area but is very modern. Ample eating options around and less than 10m walk to the MTR (Hong Kong University station) entrance. It is slightly further from the popular areas such as Causeway Bay but the price point is very attractive and provides good value. Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank 814genevievey

Dear 814genevievey,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful stay experience with us. I am very glad to know that you were able to take advantage of our location during your stay. It will be our pleasure to delight you again on your next visit.

Cheers,

Reviewed June 29, 2016

Hotel was clean, in a good location and the staff were helpful and friendly. Rooms were a reasonable size and the seating area next to the window and the view was lovely. Unusual bathroom layout. No complaints at all!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
1  Thank MegsyKos

Dear MegsyKos,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. We are happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that our team was able to assist you. We look forward to welcoming you back again with us soon.

Cheers,

Reviewed June 27, 2016

This is the second time I have stayed at this property and wouldn't hesitate to book here again. While it's not in Central, with the MTR stop right next door it is VERY convenient and easy to get to all points in Hong Kong from.
The bathrooms are getting a little old and tried, time for the owners to think about getting them renovated but not so bad it would deter me from staying again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
Hotel_Jen_Hong_Kong, General Manager at Hotel Jen Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2016

Dear JenHongKong852,

Thank you for your compliments and feedback which are most useful for our continuous improvement as we strive to create most pleasant stays to all our guests. It is great to know that you had an overall most enjoyable stay and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 25, 2016

This is was my fourth stay at this hotel and as always the service and rooms were excellent. i am happy to see the lobby returned to a proper service counter rather than how it was eighteen months ago.

The staff are always friendly and efficient and i was greeted by a familiar face who remembered me from my last visit eighteen months ago this made me feel like it was a home away from home.

Cafe Malacca is much better than it was on my previous visits and the staff there especially Raju, Pratima and my old friend Sita were faultless and very friendly. They are a real credit to the hotel.

Whilst the front desk staff were efficient they could perhaps learn to smile like all the Cafe Malacca staff if they did this the hotel would be awesome.

With the opening of the MTR station just a few meters away this hotel is a great place to stay as it gives you all the convenience of H.K. transport system and a very local feel.

i am thoroughly impressed with the improvements and i recommend the hotel for anyone who wants to have a real slice of Hong Kong life.

keep it up and i will be back soon.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Hotel_Jen_Hong_Kong, General Manager at Hotel Jen Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2016

Dear Jamesrwaterhouse,

Your compliments gave us great satisfaction - thank you very much! We are most pleased to know that you were welcomed by warm smiles throughout your stay here. It was definitely our pleasure taking care of you and we cannot wait to be at your service again soon.

Best regards,