Most of these reviews are accurate. The rooms are tired-looking, but everything worked & was clean. Room size is adequate for 2 people w/luggage (especially for HK). In my mind, location is perfect, though it may not be perfect for everyone (judging by the complaints about crowds). Causeway Bay can be wall-to-wall on the weekend (sometimes during the week too) - fair warning. Taxi from Hong Kong Station (Airport Express) to Excelsior was HK$45 @ 23:00 on a Sunday night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Causeway Bay, the shopping centre of Hong Kong Island, The Excelsior, Hong Kong is only a five-minute drive from the city's central business district and 40 minutes by MTR from Hong Kong International Airport. The hotel features five exclusive Executive Floors with a private lounge, a fully equipped business centre, a state-of-the-art Fitness Centre featuring advanced fitness equipment and dedicated spa facilities, as well as extensive meeting and banquet facilities. Every guestroom is equipped with a free smartphone with unlimited Internet access, complimentary local and international calls to five countries. Perfect for business and leisure travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Excelsior, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Excelsior, Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong
- Excelsior Hotel Hong Kong
- Excelsior Hong Kong