This is a humming hotel in that is is always busy....lots of airline crews use it too as well as tour groups. The better rooms are really very practical and useful... do try and get some view of the harbour if you can. Staff are responsive and helpful and being part of the Mandarin Oriental hotel group, helps the service standards dramatically. Service levels are generally high in Hong Kong and they certainly are among the top niche for their level and price range.
It seems prices for all food outlets has gone up but they are all good places...Totts the roof top bar does a delightful Sunday Brunch- don't rush it.
My only moan is related to internet charges... one can sit in a cafe and buy a cup of tea or coffee and get free internet but not in the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Causeway Bay, the shopping centre of Hong Kong Island, The Excelsior, Hong Kong is only a five-minute drive from the city's central business district and 40 minutes by MTR from Hong Kong International Airport. The hotel features five exclusive Executive Floors with a private lounge, a fully equipped business centre, a state-of-the-art Fitness Centre featuring advanced fitness equipment and dedicated spa facilities, as well as extensive meeting and banquet facilities. Every guestroom is equipped with a free smartphone with unlimited Internet access, complimentary local and international calls to five countries. Perfect for business and leisure travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Excelsior, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Excelsior, Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong
- Excelsior Hotel Hong Kong
- Excelsior Hong Kong