2,838 results
All reviews dickens bar causeway bay world trade mandarin oriental group egg tarts harbour view rooftop bar victoria park excellent location an update bit dated executive floor times square business trip mtr station top floor shopping area
Reviewed June 12, 2017 via mobile

Comfortable if not large rooms in a hotel that has it all , great location for views and wander the shops. For food and drink everything from the cellar pub to the rooftop retrace with views. Would definitely go again!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
PR_ManagerHKG, Public Relations Manager at The Excelsior, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2017

Dear Susan H,

Thank you for choosing us! It is nice to know that you enjoyed our fantastic view from our guestroom and top floor restaurant ToTT's. So glad we have delighted you and we will surely continue doing our best to make your next stay another enjoyable one.

Should you need any assistance or for future booking, do let me know at christiand@mohg.com.

See you soon!

Reviewed June 10, 2017

We stayed here for 6 nights in May and was pleased with the quality of the hotel and the convenient location. We paid for a harbour view and use of the Executive lounge. The staff in the lounge are charming and helpful, thank you Sharon but the room itself lacks a bit of ambience, rather staid. The room we had 2504 was comfortable and generous in size with all the expected amenities of a hotel of this standard. Housekeeping is excellent throughout the hotel. The MTR is nearby and easy to use, shopping around the corner plus eating places. The hotel also has very good restaurants and the Italian was excellent with charming staff. Can recommend.for a high standard of accommodation.

Room Tip: 2504 harbour view was worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
PR_ManagerHKG, Public Relations Manager at The Excelsior, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2017

Dear FrankChris545,

Thank you for staying and sharing your experience with us! We are glad to know that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel. We will share with our frontline team on your compliment. It means a lot to all of us and serves as great motivation to continue doing our best. Did you visit other restaurants in our hotel? Yee Tung Heen serves high-end Chinese cuisine. You can enjoy fantastic view and fascinating Western cuisine in ToTT’s. Dickens Bar offers you great beer and live sports broadcast. Maybe you can try them out during your next stay.
All of us look forward to having you with us again soon. Please contact me directly on christiand@mohg.com so that I may assist with your arrangements.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 9, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is located at the crowd road of causeway bay and is so near to Sogo, less than 2 minutes walk. MTR is right next to or under Sogo. Hysan place is just across Sogo. This is the best place to stay for shoppers. There are hundred of shops on the left and right of the street too. Central is just 2-3 MTR stations away that cost less than HKD15. Good foods are also around here. Really a good location.

The lobby looks like an old hotel and not fancy at all but the room is good.

Bed is comfortable and having a white clean linen. All towels are clean and look new.

TV cable movies doesn't offer much, I didn't find HBO channel. I only watch Fox movies.

As I came for business purpose and have to go to Kowloon, I found that it is quite not easy to find taxi that is willing to go to Kowloon area and it takes 30 minutes from the hotel to Kowloon. The hotel provides assistant to look for taxi that is willing to drive me to Kowloon. Very helpful as some of the drivers do not speak English.

Best thing is the fitness center than opens for 24-hour with complete range of fitness equipment.

I lost my discount coupon and they were nice to give another one to me so I can have a good discounted price for breakfast. Front desk and laundry staff are all nice and helpful. And I can get a late check out at 1pm too.

Lunch choices at the Cafe at the 1st floor are good, they have fresh marrons, snail, sushi sashimi, and chinese food. Taste are good too. I also tried dickens bar for lunch serving indian cuisine, chinese food, salad, cake and fruit but the range is less than the buffet one at first floor.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
PR_ManagerHKG, Manager at The Excelsior, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2017

Dear Excelsior guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words following your recent stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to recognize the team. All of us look forward to taking good care of you again on your next visit to Causeway Bay. Kindly contact me on christiand@mohg.com so that I may oversee your arrangements.

Best Regards,

Reviewed June 8, 2017

i love that every room has a handy phone for me to make complimentary international calls home and also free data for my entire stay in Hong Kong. it's super convenient and an amazing amenity. excelsior is also located in a very buzzing exciting shopping district of HK with good views of the sea and easy access to restaurants

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
PR_ManagerHKG, Public Relations Manager at The Excelsior, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2017

Dear waiyan229

How amazing it is to know you had a pleasant stay with us! Thank you for choosing us. We are also glad that you like our "handy" phone. We know what a traveller needs and hence we strive for providing the best possible services to you being our distinguished guests.

Let me know please if you have any queries or need booking in the future at christiand@mohg.com.

Hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed June 3, 2017

Have stayed here several times, more due to its location as I like the promixity to Causeway Bay shopping and good area. The hotel never really have much room promotion so price is on an ex-side considering the room size. The quality of breakfast this time seemed to deteriorate a bit and its less crowded too somehow. Will recommend for its location

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
PR_ManagerHKG, Public Relations Manager at The Excelsior, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2017

Dear SL6789

Thank you for choosing us! Yes we are in the hub of this bustling city appreciated by many. Not only that, our view overlooking Victoria Harbour is unbeatable. Hope you will select us again.

Please contact me for any future bookings at christiand@mohg.com.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.