My stay at Regal Riverside Hotel is really nice, I stayed there from May 16-19. I read most of the reviews before staying at this hotel so I knew what to expect about certain things such as to watch out for the noise, etc. But surprisingly it wasn't so bad! The repairs were done at reasonable hours, I wasn't woken up by noise at all. And anyway we leave the hotel and go out around Hongkong and by the time we come back there aren't any disturbances.
Hotel Transpo / Wifi - There's a hotel shuttle that picks you up from Airport to Hotel and vice versa; and a shuttle to take you to the nearest MTR, or all the way to Disneyland! So it's pretty convenient. Wifi is not free in the rooms, but there's free wifi in the lobby; just ask the concierge for a password.
Location - Okay, it's not the closest to the city. But I'm more of a suburbs person so while I do like to go around the bustling city, I like to go home to quite a relaxing place, and Sha Tin is the sort of place that feels really comfortable, with a lot of open spaces and parks; it's where you can breathe. Anyway we just take the MTR; it's really convenient. We never took the taxi or city bus at all. We even went on a day trip to Macau coming from Sha Tin.
Room - We got a room at the 12th floor, facing the river! The room is spacious, clean, with elegant interiors, and the bathroom is clean as well. The bed is comfortable enough. We have an amazing view, facing the river, very nice and relaxing. It's a big change from the view of narrow buildings from the city. There's a park there by the river where you can go jogging if you want.
Nearest Shops - I know that there's a nearby shopping mall there but my boyfriend and I sometimes go to Home Square / Ikea to have lunch, it's just a short shuttle ride away from the hotel. There's free wifi at the ground floor of Home Square! There's cool stuff there if you're into furniture or novelty items. If we really want to go shopping for other things we just go take the MTR to go to Causeway Bay and other stations.
I definitely would recommend this place to couples especially :) I would probably go back here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the picturesque Shing Mun River in Shatin, Regal Riverside Hotel is only 30-minute drive away from Hong Kong International Airport and is located conveniently near 2 MTR stations and a mega shopping complex featuring over 900 brand boutiques, individually operated shops, dining and entertainment places. The 1,138-room hotel operates routine shuttle services to Hong Kong International Airport, Hong Kong Disney Land, Ngong Ping 360 and Tsimshatsui East together with other public transports right on the hotel's doorstep, guests can easily connect to all shopping, entertainment and business districts in Hong Kong. Shatin features places of interest such as the 10,000 Buddha Temple, the Hong Kong Heritage Museum and the Jockey Club, a famous world class horse racing arena, Chinese University of Hong Kong and the Science Park. The hotel also features 10 restaurants and bars as well as a wide range of recreational facilities such as the beautiful outdoor swimming pool (closes during winter period), spacious fitness center with sauna, steam, Jacuzzi and beauty services. The hotel's OM Spa, designed in contemporary Thai style and infused with a soothing sense of harmony and serenity, provides professional spa and massage services to discerning guests for nourishing their body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Regal Riverside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Regal Riverside Hong Kong
- Hotel Regal Riverside
- Regal Riverside Hotel Hong Kong