All reviews new territories light rail station wetland park shopping mall big fridge public transport dining table great swimming pool mainland china shuttle bus per day free wifi quiet area sized room buffet breakfast dim sum shui
Reviewed February 9, 2018 via mobile

Huge “factory” hotel for doing numbers , fast WiFi and there a stove and fridge in the rooms if you wanna cook . Hard beds , and extremely far from city center , I recommend this place for your last resort if you need to be in that area. Highlight of this place was the Starbucks downstairs

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
HPRC-KinkiChan, Administrative Assistant at Harbour Plaza Resort City Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2018

Thank you for staying at the Harbour Plaza Resort City. Your compliment would definitely be an added encouragement for us to strive for service excellence. Looking forward to serving you in future!

Reviewed February 6, 2018

I really like this Hotel since it has very spacious rooms, considering the room sizes in Hong Kong, as well as the facilities in this Hotel are great, with a well equipped gym, sauna, steam, swimming pool, shopping facilities and eateries. A pleasant, quiet and open area.

Well connected with light rail and the MTR

Date of stay: September 2017
HPRC-KinkiChan, Administrative Assistant at Harbour Plaza Resort City Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2018

Reviewed January 6, 2018

I stayed here for ~1 month and while I wouldn't come back because of the commute (budget minimum 1 hour just to get to Central), I think it's a perfectly good option for a lot of people. The hotel mostly caters to massive tour groups from mainland China - they turn the lobby into something like a train station with constant shouting and groups huddling together. Somehow the hotel staff, which is ample, deals with it all no problem. However, there is very little English spoken here, and any problems end up being treated with people throwing their hands up and running away to fetch someone more senior who still rarely has the capacity to deal with any issue. But the rooms are great (if a bit shabby), very spacious, and with great views over either the park or the Tin Shui Wai/Yuen Long area - which, by the way, is fascinating to discover, particularly Kingswood Richly mall, just 10 minutes walk away. Be warned that the WiFi in the rooms is terrible, particularly in the evenings. It's not fast enough to even audio Skype or to surf basic websites on the internet at peak times. Because of the internet and location, I will go elsewhere in HK in the future, but can definitely recommend the hotel for good value, great size rooms, and interesting location in HK.

Date of stay: November 2017
3  Thank eab2124
HPRC-KinkiChan, Administrative Assistant at Harbour Plaza Resort City Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2018

Reviewed January 1, 2018 via mobile

I arrived at the hotel and met with the rudest receptionist. Her name badge was yomi and she had a poor attitude and tone of voice when speaking to me.
She refused to let me checkin stating the identification of my HK ID did not match my booking name. I have stayed at this hotel regularly and not had a problem using Chris instead of Christopher. She was in fact making it difficult and very rude and refused to help at all. I informed her I stay regularly using this ID and you staff have never refused entry for me. I could not cancel this booking either as this was fully paid and with no cancellation available.
This has ruined my trip to this hotel and it's only the beginning of 2018!!!! what a disastrous training provided to this member of staff.

Date of stay: January 2018
8  Thank chriskingw
HPRC-KinkiChan, Administrative Assistant at Harbour Plaza Resort City Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2018

Thank you for staying at the Harbour Plaza Resort City. Your valuable comment is greatly appreciated. We will surely try our best to improve our service to meet your expectation. Looking forward to serving you in future!

Should you have any other concern or require any further assistance, please feel free to contact our Guest Service Manager.

Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

The hotel has some nice features, fast wifi, decent restaurants nearby, park, fast food chains, Dim Sum from 7:00am, tram stop, friendly staff.

Bathtub, cable tv with some English Channels, big enough room, nice views from the room.

Unfortunately the air conditioning is not good enough. I specially asked for cold aircon. What I got was a room that struggled to remain cold enough.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank whitepointer
HPRC-KinkiChan, Administrative Assistant at Harbour Plaza Resort City Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2018

Thank you for staying at the Harbour Plaza Resort City. Your valuable comment is greatly appreciated. We will surely try our best to improve our service to meet our guest expectation. Looking forward to serving you in future!