1,161 results
All reviewsnathan roadnathan rdkowloon parkwalking distancelocation is excellentchinese restaurantsubway stationdeluxe roomfree shuttleshoppingferrysasaeateriesconvenienceexit
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I must admit that we were expecting more for the money paid. We had a small room with a smaller,harder bed than we are used to. Very much on the plus side however there was little noise from outside the Hotel; a big improvement on our last visit to Hong Kong. There were fellow guests crashing about in the early hours and shouting in the corridors but once we had got used to the bed we slept very well. The room was clean and once the queues at reception were cleared staff were found to be as they should be. The location was good. Even for an elderly couple the walk to the waterfront and even the ferry was manageable. Buffet breakfast was extra and satisfactory

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2012

a clean hotel ...suitable for muslim as they have small kitchen in case you want to cook your own meal ....as halal food is not easy to find ....

room is small..so dont bother to order an extra bed as they will give u a sofa bed instead and it will really give u a very minimal space to walk to the bedroom..( they partition the room into small kitchen plus living room ...and a small bedroom)...the sofa bed is not really nice to sleep on it...
laundry and dry cleaning is cheap too.... very efficient service from the laundry department...the bellboy is very attentive and immediately call our tour guide when he sees us waiting for such a long time for the disneyland coach to arrive..we stayed on the 20th floor ...for family with young kids ...please dont stay in the 21st floor as its not accesible by lift...

overall its a good experience...very nearby to shopping malls...10 min walks to the mosque and MTR

Room Tip: since the buildings and hotel rooms are so close to one another....if you want some privacy ...draw the curtain....i forgot to do that in one occasion...lol
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jangankepoh
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I've been to Hong Kong many times and usually stayed at hotels on Kowloon side. It was our first stay with Kimberley Hotel. I was worried about the services and condition of the hotel after reading all the reviews; however booked it anyway due to its location in Tsimshatsui. During our 3 nights stay there, we found the staff were all friendly and helpful - they waived the $30 service charge when we needed them to fax something for us. We stayed on the 17th floor and the room was clean and decent. Many said the rooms were dated but we did not feel it at all. There are always some floors that the hotels (in Hong Kong) assigned to the tour groups and may be the rooms on those floors were not updated. The only thing we would say to improve is the spot for the TV. It was at the corner that we could not watch TV comfortably when we were in bed. They should just hang the TV on the wall facing the beds.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank MLancaster
Reviewed December 1, 2012

After reading some of the reviews on this hotel I wasn't expecting much but I couldn't really fault the hotel. We stayed for 4 nights in a twin bedded room on the 17th floor; the room size was adequate, clean and nicely furnished. The bathroom was quite small but you don't spend long in there. As well as the complimentary toiletries, tea & coffee, we had complimentary slippers which I thought was a nice touch. We booked room only and didn’t eat breakfast at the hotel but we had dinner there on our last night and it was very nice and not badly priced for hotel food.

As others have said the hotel is in a great location, just a few minutes’ walk from Nathan Road and all its shops and 10 minutes’ walk from the MTR. It's also within walking distance of the Star Ferry and Avenue of Stars. If you want to buy snacks or water there is a 7 and 11 just down the street. I’d certainly consider staying here again if I ever return to Hong Kong.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed December 1, 2012

The location of the hotel was good. MTR was nearby. The hotel was dated which was still ok to me. As I see it, a hotel is just for spending the night so the decor is not that important to me. However, when I entered the room, I smelled a strong odour. At first, I thought it was just from the stale air of a enclosed room so I thought the air should be cleared out after turning on the air conditioning. After the first night with air on all the time, the odour was still there. Eventually, I noticed that the smell was from a corner. If I was not mistaken, it was pee!!!!! The hotel clientele's behaviour was also questionable. Some guests on our floor opened their room doors to have parties. People were standing in the hallway which made passing by difficult and uncomfortable. Some guests were talking so loudly at night (like yelling) in the hallway when they passed by. We spent $160 Cdn / night in this hotel. Should I know this is the standard, I would have paid more to get a better hotel, hopefully with better guests. The bed was also very hard. The pillow also stank and smelled like sweat.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple