It was a great start indeed. I would say Very very pleasant check-in experience for me and my bf who have been travelling for years to different hotels. When we arrived we noticed that there were at least 6 front desk staffs and they were being extraordinary efficient and helpful. Teaky (hope I spelled her name right) managed to not only check us in efficiently, she did a great upsale to us by providing a small but extremely thoughtful proposal - for only HKD 380, we will get a bigger room with separate bath, free iphone4 usage with 3G and local call & Nexpresso machine!!! She has also helped us with the booking of the 2 michelin star restaurant Ming Court in the hotel with no hassle.
Our room is at high level with nice view, bed is very comfy, room is not big but reasonably fine . Location is fantastic.
Everything seems very very well until the check-out :( We have waited for more than 10 minutes for checkout and I walked to ask one of the staffs as I noticed there were 2 front desk staffs attending to one customer who is checking in. Why would there a need of 2 people attending to one customers while there were obviously other customers queuing up. She didn't attend to us but just informed us to wait. Then I heard some other customers were complaining in the Q with the same questions "why issit taking so long??"
Hope the hotel will improve in this area for a better overall experience and not let it end with some this kind of small imperfectness.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cordis, Hong Kong is an upscale 5-star hotel located in the vibrant Mongkok district of Kowloon. This 660 room modern hotel is directly linked to the Langham Place shopping mall and Mongkok MTR station. All rooms and suites are equipped with high speed wifi, a free-to-use smartphone, LED TVs. Our wellness facilities include a fully equipped fitness center, two fitness studios and outdoor heated pool, along with the Chuan Spa, which features over 60 unique treatments. Dining options include the two Michelin starred contemporary Cantonese restaurant, Ming Court, the trendy European restaurant and bar, Alibi – Wine Dine Be Social, and The Garage Bar, the new outdoor food truck destination bar, as well as The Place, the hotel’s all day dining restaurant. The hotel also features some of Hong Kong’s best meeting and event facilities including Kowloon’s highest ballroom, The Star Room, and the 600 seater Ballroom, which includes a 7m x 4m built in LED wall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Cordis, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Langham Place Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Langham Place
- Langham Place Hotel Hong Kong
- Cordis, Hong Kong