1,790 results
All reviews kowloon park ferry terminal tower wing harbour city satay inn china hong kong city outlet stores nathan road same building excellent location minute walk business trip bigger room easy access in tsim sha tsui convenient location airport express
Reviewed January 5, 2012

For the past few years, I travel annually with my elderly mother (75 years old) to visit her relatives and friends, and we’ve been staying at this hotel. We chose this place partly due to its location.

Our previous visit was from 21-Dec-2011 till 04-Jan-2012. (15 Days)

The limousine land transfer was great. The hotel representative at the Hong Kong International Airport helped to expedite our checking-in process for our return flight.

We booked a Hotel Suite with twin beds, upon checking-in, we were given a room upgrade to a Towers Harbour Suite (70Sq.M). Finally, we get an upgrade. The room has a spectacular view, my elderly mother invited all her relatives and friends to visit during New Year’s Eve to enjoy the fireworks display at the room’s viewing parlour. All the seniors were extremely happy, able to watch the live fireworks display yet away from the crowd.

The room is great, but the room attendant (Mr Wilfred Cheung) made it perfect. On his name tag is engraved “Fat”; his dialect name. He’s very observant, and understands the needs of the guest. He noticed that I am travelling with an elderly, he set up an extra blanket for her bed, also provided her with an electric heater. I noticed he took the initiative to provide additional clothes hangers for us after he made up the room. On Christmas Eve, a gift from the hotel sits on my bed, a delightful surprise.

However, after Wilfred went on leave, starting 01-Jan-2012, there’s a slight drop in the standard of the replacement room attendant(s) compared to Mr Wilfred. He has set an exceptional high quality standard for room attendant(s).

In a nutshell, the service staffs are great.

I am looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank Eric L
Reviewed January 2, 2012

I booked 2 rooms (hotel wing) from their website 1 month in advance to enjoy the special rate. I stayed there on 18 Dec till 21 Dec. First i reserved 2 nights and thought to add another 1 night stay. I called the hotel and was told to make another booking online. So, i made two bookings with them..

After receiving the confirmation emails from them, i printed them out. I didn't realized it was a nightmare for me as i thought the hotel website was reliable. Before i went to Hong Kong, the deposit for 2 rooms were deducted from my credit card in advance.

When i checked in the hotel, i was upgraded to newly furnished room. But when i discovered that i was charged HKD16400 for the 2 rooms as a deposit, i directly went to the front desk and asked if i needed to pay that much. Their answer was confirmed even i double check if the price listed in my emails (confirmation letter that i printed out) was correct.

The nightmare started when the time i checked out. They insisted on charging me HKD7000+ per room. The price listed in my email was total HKD 8272 + HKD68.2(laundry). Can you imagine how shock was i that time? I tried to show them my printed email and the girl made a photocopy on it to send it to the reservation department. So, i left the hotel without signing any bills. I was told they would follow the price listed in my email printed and email me the bill.

I checked my email when i came back and again was shocked to see i was charged HKD11244.20 on 21 Dec which the actual charge should be HKD8272 + HKD68.20 = HKD8340.20. No email received from the hotel regarding the bill. That time i was so furious as being cheated. I quickly called the hotel. After communicated with the front desk, they admitted it was their fault and promised to make the refund of HKD2904.

On the 31 Dec, i received the email regarding the refund (attached with the credit card refund receipt).

That is really wasting my time (waiting for them to settle my bill while checking out) , my mood (spoiled as you don't know how much they charge you) and my money (make international calls). If i did not make the call, i would be overcharged again! I won't ever choose to stay in this hotel.

I can't admit that their service is nice (manner in facing customer's complaint), but this kind of problem should not happen in such a famous hotel in Hong Kong. Or perhaps it was my fault to make 2 reservations which confuse your staff? It is the hotel who not allow us to modify the booking.

I do wish the hotel can improve their online booking system so that there will be no more victims like me.

p/s: My confirmation no. for 2 rooms are 140331088 & 140578131. The hotel is welcomed to check if i was lying.

Room Tip: Pillows are too soft.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2011

We stayed here for 8 nights at the end of November. The location is great for walking to anything in Kowloon, and close to subway stations if you want to venture further. Lots of great restaurants nearby, a supermarket (City Super) is on the next block, and there's bank machines in the mall connected to the hotel.

Check in was smooth, but there were always line ups at the reservation desk. After a few nights we had some issues with our room so contacted the front desk and were promptly moved to another room. The evening manager was attentive and wanted to make sure that we were happy with our new room even though it was very late. We were also provided with access to the executive lounge which had an amazing view of the harbour and great breakfast and afternoon snacks. The staff in the lounge were incredibly attentive, friendly, and welcoming. We felt that the management team did their best to take care of our issues and ensure the remainder of our stay was comfortable.

The hotel's gym was good - free weights, weight machines, and plenty of aerobic machines. It also wasn't very busy ever. The hotel also had free wifi access from the rooms and free bottled water everyday.

The location and value that this hotel provide are really great. Even with the issues we experienced, the subsequent service provided was enough to convince us to stay here again in the near future.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 24, 2011

We stayed at this hotel because our usual venue was booked. The location, off of the ferry harbor, is excellent. The lobby is elegant and staff are very helpful. The concierge is very knowledgeable and helpful and we never had to wait to talk with him. Front desk staff are also friendly but there were always lines!
We stayed Tower 2 which is nicer than Tower 1. The room was adequate in size, clean and quiet. Amenities include coffee/tea, flat screen tv, robes, in-room safe, good bathroom amentities. Our room had a separate shower and bathtub. The view of the harbor was partially blocked by another building. Breakfast in the executive lounge was included in our rate and had very good selection.
The fitness room is located in the other tower and is really our only complaint. We had to take the elevator to the lobby, switch elevator banks, and take another elevator to the fitness center. The room is quite small with very limited cardio equipment. Guests were waiting in line or left immediatey because no equipment was available.
This Royal Pacific is expensive but between the good service and location, we would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RickyBobbie
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 4 night business trip , i like it a lot because of the location walking distance to Everything and Everywhere . Located on Canton road filled with Branded outlet .
The room were small but comfy during my stay there were a bathroom leaking incident and was immediately upgrade to a better room by the manager which was great and very well handle .
Free wifi which is great for any business trip
Buffet breakfast was fantastic
Free bottle of water every day
Professional and friendly staff
The view from the back of the hotel is Victoria habour so pack your camera and be amaze
Ferry port was at the bottom of hotel
Over all this hotel is a must for any business trip or Family holiday and shopping trip

Room Tip: Ask for value up which cost $150 HKD give you free room upgrade and buffet breakfast
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business