“Hands down good food!”

Cuisines: Asian
Neighbourhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Neighbourhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Reviewed March 19, 2018

This is one of those restaurants along the road that is popular among locals. As the saying goes, follow the crowd for the food must be good and I was not disappointed. I had creamy and mildly spicy beef curry with rice for dinner (about HK$70), and then steamed chicken/roasted duck combo (fantastic!) with rice (about HK$95) the next day for lunch. The Chinese menu had pictures and you get exactly what is shown. I would definitely eat here again when I am in the neighborhood on my next trip.

Reviewed March 14, 2018 via mobile

I tried their char siew omelette. The restaurant provided a great warm ambience and various types of Hong Kong breakfast for cool morning. The price is right too.

Reviewed January 27, 2018

went here before on October 2017
then came back on January 2018
shrimp wonton soup still taste good
roasted duck, goose and fried rice are all
good. Must try is the french toast, yummy
and cheap for only HK$22

will definitely come back

Reviewed January 18, 2018 via mobile

A friend took me to Yuen Kee restaurant opposite to exit A of Tai Wai station to try the local fishball noodles. We ordered the £4 noodle set from the menu which comes with a bowl of noodle, vegetable and a drink. No additional service charge is required. Since we are not thirsty, we told the staffs that we do not need the drinks. When my friend settled the bill at cashier, we were told that it was £16. We were confused. So my friend asked the cashier, who is the same person who place the order for us, what are the other charges. The staff then told us that if we do not want the drinks, then they will have to charge the noodles and vegetable seperately and it costs double of the set. We were not fully informed and we just did not want the drinks to go to waste. But when we tried to ask the cashier again, she said there is nothing she can do and told us not to block the line. This Yuen Kee restaurant at Tai Wai is dishonest and terrible. I hope no one get tricked again!

2  Thank Ko A
Reviewed January 6, 2018

Our first night arrived in HongKong, we went to Yuen Kee Restaurant for dinner and we ordered 1/2 roasted goose, noodles and some extra side dishes. The goose tasted great due to the crunch of the skin. quite bland taste. the price was around $HKD300 FOR HALF OF THE GOOSE. The side dishes were okay, nothing fancy or top tip at all. I recommended that people should go around the area first and search or look around first before jump straight into a restaurant like I did here.