“I want to try everything!”
Review of The Awakening - CLOSED

The Awakening
Price range: US$10 - US$38
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Neighbourhood: Sai Wan
Description: Healthy lifestyle cuisine in Hong Kong. We pride ourselves on serving fresh, clean food. Be awakened!
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We have been 2 weekends in a row for brunch and can't wait to go back for more. Both times we've had omelets and french toast, topped off with bottomless coffee! The food is excellent, prices are great, and we love the atmosphere! Dan and Cassy (the owners) are friendly and welcoming, with great service to match the food. We'll be back for more!

1  Thank Brad C

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Great brunch, convenient location, helpful staff and owner. Not too expensive and a good place to watch football games. Will for sure make coming here a regular thing.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

My daughter just moved to HK and Awakening is close by. While I was visiting, we went several times and it never disappointed.
Every dish we tried was delightful and I had the best corned beef I have ever tasted (although it's not always available when you visit so you may be disappointed if that's what you're craving). But try the ribs instead or any other dish and you will visit again and again.
The owners are lovely and the staff is very friendly. Awakening is on my must do list the next time in Hong Kong.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I live in the mainland, so whenever I eat western food here I think something is not quite right, I can't usually put my finger on it. This was not the case at Awakening Cafe. When I walked in I basically started drooling over the food I saw on the other tables. The Wings! Burgers! I don't know what gave the food here that bit of an edge, but it was exactly what I was hankering, a perfect place for a great dinner, a date or a hangover cure.

When I went the place had just opened and the escalator outside was still under construction, I'm glad I made it to HK when I did.

Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

We visited my brother who is currently living in HK over New Years 2013, and were happy that the Awakening Cafe was only a couple blocks from his apartment. I loved trying all the different foods in HK but my stomach wasn't happy about eating noodles for breakfast every morning! So we went to Awakening cafe a few times during our trip, but only ever went at breakfast. The portions were smaller than what we are used to at home, but meals were tasty and traditional... eggs, home fries, toast, bacon/sausage, coffee and orange juice. Would definitely recommend for American tourists and expats who are craving a traditional western breakfast!

3  Thank chippy910