I just spent a week at the Cosmopolitan as part of a mixed business & pleasure trip to Hong Kong.
My room was pretty small, but I didn't spend much time there, so no big deal. It offered everything I needed. The only negative was the hardest and most rigid mattress that I have ever encountered! I kept meaning to ask if the could put some sort of downy cover on the bed, but never got around to it.
The restaurant does a nice breakfast, with a range of Western & Eastern options. My only quibble was the fact that the price was one size fits all, meaning that my light continental breakfast cost the same as someone grabbing a full range of cooked food from the bain-maries. I also had dinner there twice & enjoyed both meals. As far as I could tell, the dinner offerings were 100% Eastern, although that was fine with me.
In the lobby there is a small bar, which did a great trade during the rugby and also made a decent coffee.
I found the staff to be obliging and helpful at all times, although I didn't have many interactions with them.
The location was quite good. I noticed signs pointing to the MTR but I mainly used taxis (so cheap in HK) and walking to get around. The walk to the Sevens stadium took around 20+ minutes and around 30 minutes to walk into Central. The shops, bars & restaurants of Wan Chai & Causeway Bay are only 10-15 minutes by foot.
It was obviously a popular venue for Sevens visitors and there were a lot of people in fancy dress drinking in the lobby each night - it wasn't difficult to make new friends!
All up I enjoyed my stay and would certainly recommend the Cosmopolitan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong has completed a top-to-bottom overhaul to all its 454 rooms and suites and the hotel lobby. The new lobby welcomes guest with an unexpectedly playful vibe which is apparent on the design elements aimed to captivate one's senses. Each of the newly refurbished room, on the other hand, adopts a meticulous theme including the East-meets-West Victorian and classic Oriental and sleek-contemporary designs to name a few. Refurbished rooms offer a majestic view of the race course adjacent to the hotel, while the redesigned bathrooms feature a refreshing rain shower experience. Every Friday, hotel guests are welcome to join the 'Dorsett Wine Hour' at the lobby during which free flow of wine and canapés are provided. For the kids, there is also a colourfully decorated Candy Bar filled with sweet treats. With a lively neighborhood to explore and a dynamic address amid Wan Chai and Causeway Bay, there is a subway station only an eight-minute stroll away. All hotel guests will be given a specially designed 'Eat & Shop Like A Local' booklet which covers a host of local-recommended eateries and shopping spots in the hotel's neighbourhood, offering guests an authentic Hong Kong experience. The hotel also offers scheduled shuttle services to 16 destinations including Causeway Bay, Wanchai, Central, Admiralty, Quarry Bay and Taikoo. Every guestroom features a portable smart phone for free use inside and outside of the hotel, offering unlimited 3G internet supported by Wi-Fi hotspot sharing function, free local and IDD calls to 9 select countries including Australia, Canada, China, Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, UK and US. Other facilities include a gymnasium, meeting rooms accommodating up to 200 delegates, a refurbished bar on the lobby level and Dining House serving Cantonese cuisine. Dorsett Wanchai is an environmentally friendly "green" hotel with a 100% smoke-free policy. It is also an Earthcheck Bronze Benchmarked Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity.ca, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct and Ctrip TA so you can book your Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cosmopolitan Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Cosmopolitan Hotel
- Cosmopolitan Hotel Hong Kong
- Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong