The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong
US$182
US$151
Trip.com
Conrad Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$334
US$321
Conrad
US$136
US$112
  • Restaurant
The Peninsula Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$628
US$584
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$228
US$189
US$275
US$249
US$561
US$373
  • Restaurant
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
US$187
US$149
Agoda.com
US$121
US$97
Agoda.com
The Langham, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$294
US$244
1,061 results
All reviewsamber restaurantlandmark mallround bathwalk in closetfour seasonsoffice buildinglan kwai fongliving areahuge bathroomfavorite hotelsteam roomindoor poolin room diningcentral districtconcierge teamluxury hoteldirect access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I only stay in Hong Kong's Landmark as this hotel has always delivered, as evidenced by my previous reviews.. It is modern, cool, very classy and centrally located. However this time things were not so good simply because on arrival, late at night after an intercontinental flight, they gave me the good news that I had been updgraded to an L600 suite but didn't explain that this was a smoking room (1212) that literally stank to high hell. I asked to move, but this was by all accounts impossible and I was too tired to return to the lobby and argue. So I had two very unpleasant and smelly nights. Upon departure, the receptionist presented me with a complimentary luggage tag 'to make up for my dissatisfaction'. Pathetic!...Then to make my stay really complete, having explained how unhappy I was this time around, I asked if I could use wifi in the lobby whilst I waited for my car and was told 'only if I pay the fee of HK$50'. The point I want to make is that this is a great hotel, but this time they lost the plot as it is totally unacceptable to put non-smokers in a disgusting room whose previous inhabitant was evidently a chain smoker to the extent that I have sent two suits to the dry cleaners. I have marked cleanliness as terrible for this reason.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get put in a smoking room!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank foxbat
LamdmarkMandarin, Director of Communications at The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent experience at The Landmark Mandarin Oriental. It is with regret that we learn of your disappointment and the inconveniences caused to you on this occasion, please accept our sincere apologies. Your valuable feedback has been brought to our attention and please rest assured that we will take every necessary step to address these important issues. We would be grateful to contact you personally to discuss this matter further.

Kind regards,

Vivian Li

Director of Communications

vli@mohg.com

Reviewed 29 March 2012

Whenever we go to Hong Kong we try to stay at the Landmark. Usually if my other half can go for business, but it's just as great for leisure if we want to splurge.

The service is impeccable, the beds are heavenly and I always make it a point to get a bath in their giant tubs. It's not a hotel with a view of the city so if that's what you're looking for, go elsewhere. If you're looking for a haven to relax in the middle of central Hong Kong this is the place. The modern design of all the rooms are fabulous. It's walking distance to anywhere you'd need to go.

The best sensory experience is the ginger-citrus scent they lightly spray into the vents. Now they sell the diffuser at the spa! We got one for our bedroom - our own little piece of the Landmark at home. Except... not as awesome.

S

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank misshur
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I stayed at the hotel looking at the reviews around and was a bit disappointed when my room didn't have much of a view that would have been appreciated. But I guess during the booking I didn't specify do it's my fault. The buildings around are to be blamed for not getting it. The rooms and the hotel were very clean which is a plus.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Richard_Rnbg
Reviewed 13 March 2012

From start to finish, all staff were very accomodating, friendly, and thoughtful on every encounter. Will come back regularly for work. Very convenient location, and definitely worth the price. The spa is also great to have as a complimentary benefit. Don't come here if you want a room with a view, probably the Conrad or somewhere similar may be better for leisure trips. I thoroughly enjoyed my business trip - very comfortable rooms with excellent modern facilities, such as ipod connection to the room and bathroom's surround sound system.
Thanks for making it a great visit!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We have stayed at other Hong Kong gems including Four Seasons, Conrad, Ritz Carlton and W Hotel..

For those of you who know Hong Kong, I'd have to say for location and amenities the LMOH is one of the very best values and hotels. I agree with others that the room views are limited, but you're in the middle of Central HK and can't expect fabulous views. If view is your primary concern you must stay at Ritz Carlton (Kowloon side) or Four Seasons (IFC-Central).

This is surprisingly "boutique" hotel feel and very intimate. Staff are friendly but professional. We have enjoyed the at the Bars and look forward to trying the Restaurants.

To be in the centre of it all, there is nowhere better, at any price. Surprisingly Quiet (we are on the 8th Floor in an L600 Executive Suite).

Appreciate this gem of a hotel and will come back...

Room Tip: Try for higher floors for city view and quieter?
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple